Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ft Lauderdale, I had to Laugh!
Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: March 13, 2006 17:43

Last night I went to see the boys in Ftlauderdale. Ive seen them on every tour since 81,sometimes twice as I saw them in Miami a few months back. They certainly have gotten tighter since then and wow what a great setlist! As I was walking into the areana I noticed how much older the fans were compaired to the Aerosmith fans I saw at the same venue about a month ago. My seats were club level just past the side of the stage,great seats! When I went to my seats,the sections around me could of been an outing from a old folks home. When the boys came on nobody in these sections stood up! I could not belive this,they just sat there and stared at the band like they were on medication. The rest of the arena seemed to be into it. When the B stage came out the band seemed to take it up a notch and were really rockin. At this point I decide to leave the morgue and found a spot to rock with the living. Has anyone else had this happen to them or noticed more blue haired old ladies and fat bald guys in golf shirts at these shows! Sorry I cant spell...never mind my mom fixed it.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-14 00:12 by ohcarol.

Re: I had to Laugh
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 13, 2006 17:46

I love that reports are telling that they're becoming more and more tight. Way cool.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 13, 2006 17:47

HEY! I'm a blue haired, old, fat geezer with a tennis shirt!!! And I like to sit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-13 17:51 by Erik_Snow.

Re: Ft Lauderdale, I had to Laugh!
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 13, 2006 20:28

ohcarol, just wondering, does that "Special" Short Bus (with the blacked out windows) come and pick you up for class everyday? OK, just for fun:

#1 The earth rotates around the sun

#2 The sun rotates around the earth

#3 The earth rotates around the sun

Please pick the correct answer, just for fun....

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 13, 2006 20:45

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-08 02:50 by Beelyboy.

Date: March 13, 2006 20:51

Yeah ohcarol, you were facing the wrong way stupido !!!

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: March 13, 2006 22:41

You guys aren't being too nice. I agree with him. I saw them in Columbus twice. Once on the Licks tour and my whole section was full of older looking adults who were no fun. If you go to a Stones show, please expect to stand and have fun. THis isn't the Eagles doing an acoustic set, it's the Rolling Stones rocking out. I was 19 at the time and I was so upset that I had to sit down during songs like Street Fighting Man b/c I felt too rude to stand because I'd block the view of all the boring old saps. For God's sake, don't ruin my time b/c you're too lame to stand during a Rolling Stones show.

Posted by: jfmiii21 ()
Date: March 13, 2006 23:08

I agree. I hate it when some prick asks me to sit down. I usually get into a yelling match about how it's wrong to sit at a Rolling Stones show. I'm young (22) and have been to plenty of shows were the 50+ crowd is rocking out and the 30 somethings are sitting. I think it just depends on whether you are sitting by fans or people just going to go; it isn't necessarily an age thing IMHO.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 13, 2006 23:09

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HEY! I'm a blue haired, old, fat geezer with a
> tennis shirt!!! And I like to sit.
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/13/06 17:51 by
> Erik_Snow.

You can't fool us, we know you are a slim blond lad with a boomerang and an appetite for barbecued wild elk.

Date: March 13, 2006 23:46

Yo, Gang, the joke here is ohcarol ain't no young (or real) thang. do the math, first show in '81 let's say at 15 that would make her 40 now BUT i think it's a whole phony thing. A 40 yr old having her mom fix the spelling......yeah, sure.....

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: March 13, 2006 23:57

MicksBrains, how did you know I take the short bus to school.I also happen to love my mom, I take her to work with me everyday so she can do my spelling. You seem to be taking this personal MicksBrains, please tell me why? Was It you I was sitting with last night? I certainly did not mean to offend all the old fat blue haired golfers. Hey, getting olds know big deal but please try and show some enthusiasm, its a Stones concert for gosh sake!!! Life is short so Rock on!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-14 00:07 by ohcarol.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 14, 2006 00:01

In regards to the age of the crowd compared to Aerosmith, you must remember that the Stones started 10 years before Aerosmith so the Stones original teenage fan base from the 1960's is 10 years older than Aerosmith's. Also, I'm sure Aerosmith has alot of younger fans due to all of their rock ballad's from the 90's which got massive video air play.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home