Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Experiencing Concert Video with Home Theater
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 11, 2006 23:54

How many of you have Home Theater systems? I bought one yesterday, a Panasonic HT-830V, which was rated highly as a budget system (under $400 US dollars).

You really don't know what you're missing until you can play a concert DVD in Dolby 5.1 or DTS.

Four Flicks is just incredible, but I gotta give high ratings (in audio quality) to Brian Wilson's "Smile" DVD and Page/Plant "Unledded", both of which offer DTS (Digital Theater System) audio.

The Page/Plant DVD really takes advantage of the surround capabilities, and I highly recommend it.

As ticket prices soar, I can easily see that bands, whether famous legends or up-and-coming acts, can take advantage of this technology to bring the concert experience to your living room.

I love it.

What do the members think?

Re: Experiencing Concert Video with Home Theater
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 12, 2006 00:10

Nope, don't have one. Saving up for a Fender tube amp.. now that's gonna be a sound!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-12 00:13 by Reptile.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 12, 2006 00:14

Elvis did it best........just hire out the whole cinema..!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: March 12, 2006 00:21

There's no other way!

As for great sounding music DVDs however, here's my list of the best:

1 Fleetwood Mac: The Dance
2 The Who: Live at the Royal Albert Hall
3 Led Zeppelin 2nd Disc
4 Springsteen: Live in New York
5 Queen: Live at Wembley

That lot will sure blow the roof off!

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 12, 2006 05:49

Now you are talkin' bassplayer617. I have a great set up with a very powerful Yamaha amp and the whole surround set up with Kliptch Speakers which just have the best sound to them (never harsh, always smooth as silk). You have to live in a house cause I could NEVER crank this baby up like I do in an Apartment. I went to most of my concerts in the 70's and 80's so I remember the good old days before security ALMOST grabs your balls before you get through the gate. At the '94 Stones show in Pasadena the A - hole was doing so much patting down / feeling around I sarcastically told him "Why don't you just finish me off cause you're moving in that direction" (yeah, was a bit buzzed - had a nice Mexican meal, with plenty of drink, beforehand.) Anyway, My Girlfriend laughed out loud so hard that it REALLY pissed this rent - a - cop off. He looked at me and said that if I SAY ONE MORE WORD i'll be banned from the show. Who needs this shit man. High prices for programs/food/drinks, Security up the ass. Sky High ticket prices, MAYBE terrorism someday, somewhere. Warhorse heavy set lists, Traffic to no end, parking pain in the ass, hard to geat great seats, on and on......Home theater is the answer: Here's my best 5 for Performance, sound and picture:

Gimme Shelter - has now got a BRILLIANT mix on it, Beautiful
Zeppelin 2 discs - effing awesome!!!
Plant/Page - unledded - amazing surround sound mix
Four Flicks - Sounds great
The Who live at the Royal Albert Hall - great sound, great show

+ Hendrix Live at Woodstock - fantastic, great sound
U2's last 2 tours Boston / Chicago are topnotch all around

Posted by: rocksoffKR ()
Date: March 12, 2006 05:54

i have a 6ft by 8ft television projector home theatre system in my converted attick ...it is the only way to watch concerts/movies/sports i dig the R n R Circus, Licks etc.

Posted by: swsfo ()
Date: March 12, 2006 06:32

I heard from a good friend that the Grateful Dead's "Closing Winterland" DVD set has great sound - said that it is awesome - almost like you are there (emphasis on almost!)....

Posted by: silverrain ()
Date: March 13, 2006 01:58

I totally agree with Bassplayer617 about the home theater system. I found a unit in a thrift store called, interactor cushion. It's a cushion you fit against the back of a chair and lean back on. It vibrates with the beat of the music. It can be used with computer games also. It has speakers inside. You can adjust the volume seperately from you stereo system. It plugs into any head phone jack or audio out jack. I'm sure the speakers inside are not ment to compete with your sound system. But the unit does give you a feel as if you were at a concert. You use the units controls to adjust the bass vibrations to whatever rumbling that suit you. When Charle hits the drums you feel the sound travel through your back.
Anyway, for what it's worth. I don't own stock in the company. It's a pretty neat item. You can learn more about it on line at (Aura interactor cushion)

mike

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 13, 2006 02:26

I have an old laser Disc of Stones at the Max that I put on. I crank up the volume and wait for the explosion when the Stones take the stage to Start Me Up. That is fun!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 13, 2006 17:22

I have one. 5 Jamo/Samsung speakers, Kenwood amplifier, Prosonic DVD, Prosonic TV. Nothing beats FF....

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home