Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LA Forum
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: March 5, 2006 10:36

After Vegas...what's the guess on the setlist? Any bets on Sway, or just another safe setlist with hopes of Mick/Keef being on fire for the night?

Re: LA Forum
Date: March 5, 2006 11:46

Anyone have their 2 cents to share? It's in 2 days & I may get in trouble at work & leave early (tax season) & go deeper in debt...I guess I'm trying to convince myself it's all worth it...

I used to love the Stones shows more than anything else...but now with my wife...I've found something I like better (my pop used to say travel was his thing...until something better came along to which he meant me).

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 5, 2006 12:16

sdstonesguy, I don't have a crystal ball but I've found this tour to be a very big disappointment as far as the set lists / rare songs go. I would have thought Vegas wasn't gonna be SO safe (I was thinking these few US shows before Japan might be a great chance for them to mix it up but it doesnt look that way after Vegas. I thought in Rio they would have at least stretched the show out by adding "As Tears Go By", "Sway", and "Paint it Black". For such a once in a lifetime, special show. It's looking like they're really uninterested if they can't make it 3 songs / 15 minutes longer at least once on this tour? Screw it, don't go deeper in debt and risk losing your job over something as fragile as hope. I have NO DESIRE to go after seeing the Vegas set list....but that's me. It's up to you, think it over.......

Date: March 5, 2006 13:18

Well, they did bring back Let's Spend The Night Together which I've wanted to hear live for about 8 years now. I was hoping this tour would bring me to my 50th Stones show....but it'll end up just under 40...but I wouldn't change a thing!

Date: March 5, 2006 13:36

I've seen them on every US tour since I was a little tike in '69 (Nov.8th, first Forum show) until my last - both "No Security" shows at the Anahiem Pond in '99. I've followed them since then with this site and DVD and CD releases (Legit and Boot) So I might have a different take on the set lists. The first thing I look at is what songs are on there that have NEVER been done live since Taylor joined. This tour seems to be the one with the least number of those. "Sway" and "Tears" are the only 2 Stones written songs that fall into that catagory - very slim in my book. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big fan, love the new CD, but just find the band REALLY playing it safe this time unfortunately - not my cup of tea. As old as they get, The Stones should NEVER play it safe, they were never about that......

Date: March 5, 2006 13:50

The only songs I could get that I haven't heard are Sway & Let's Spend...but I sure would love to get em.

99' was just amazing...caught every show in CA, NV & the UK (the US tour was just awesome...and I sure hope they put out those filmed San Jose shows someday)!

Posted by: silverrain ()
Date: March 5, 2006 14:00

A friend whose working on the L.A. show said it's no accident that Jagger has the show in L.A. planned on the 6th, the day after the Acadmey Awards. It's no secret Mick wants to be in with the motion picture industry. He wants to produces movies. The head sound man for the Stones is also in charge of sound for the Acadmey Awards Sunday the 5th. How convenant. The thought is come Monday there'll be a lot of celebrities looking for a party and the Forum will be the place to be. As far as a setlist I couldn't guess but I think the stones will try something more than the usual. I've only known about iorr for several weeks. I'm blown away by how on top of things most of you people seem to be.

mike

Date: March 5, 2006 14:00

Oh wow, they have a few pro - shot ones? Didn't know that. That would be really great to see those. I have to totally agree, '99 was a real treat, a kind of back to basics stage mixed with that great set list...reminded me of the early shows (69' to 75') in a weird way - maybe because they were Arena shows (plus the band seemed so loose - the Tour seemed like a last minute idea). Are those San Jose shows on DVD boot anywhere?

Date: March 5, 2006 14:18

silverrain, very good point, didn't think of that but it makes a lot of sense. I just never got this little 4 or 5 group of USA shows speard all over the country between the Mexico and Japan shows. Seems like a lot of travel and hassle for so few. We'll see what happens at the Forum......

Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: March 5, 2006 15:00

I'm hoping that the return to this venue will inspire the boys to make the show a little extra special. They have not played the Forum since 1975, although I believe that the New Barbarians played here in the late '70s. The Forum was once the premier concert venue in Los Angeles but beginning with the '81 tour, the Stones favored larger, outdoor sites like the Rose Bowl, Memorial Coliseum, and the two baseball stadiums in this area. People who remember the heyday of the Forum are prepared to experience something extraordinary on Monday. I'm betting that Jagger will make a remark about the ticket prices the last time the Stones played the Forum, as he did at the Hollywood Bowl last fall. In January '73, tickets to the Nicaraguan earthquake benefit at the Forum sold for $25 and that price was unprecedented for a rock show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-05 15:05 by Pserchia.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 5, 2006 16:15

My hope for this show is that they would do every ABB song they've done live so far, add a couple more (She Saw Me Coming, PLEASE!) and then throw in ALL of the songs that they've only done once or twice (As Tears Go By, etc.)

After seeing the Rio movie, I feel like I've already seen "The Show," and while I'll always love the warhorses, it would be a much more memorable show if they ditched a lot of them.

Date: March 5, 2006 16:22

That would be a great show loog droog, I doubt it's gonna happen but maybe something else special will (trying to be optimistic here, especially after Vegas)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home