Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Can you feel the fire?
Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: March 4, 2006 22:32

Right now I'm listening on Ronnie's Can you feel the fire? Great tune! That must have been Ronnies creative high time!
What do you think about his first solo recording?
And whre can I get the New Barbarians stuff?

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Re: I Can Feel the Fire
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 4, 2006 22:50

yeah, Ronnie's first album is great! i dig all his "solo" stuff but that one's my favourite for sure.
and I Can Feel the Fire (which is what it's actually called) is indeed a great tune -
written by Mick, i hear, and given to Ronnie in exchange for IORR (another great tune).

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Re: Can you feel the fire?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 4, 2006 23:10

Arrrr....what a swap!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The human riff ()
Date: March 7, 2006 19:57

Yes, ron 74 is great. I just saw the Knebworth dvd from 74 where Keith is in the band. What a great show and a what an atmosphere.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 7, 2006 20:00

Yeah, sssoul, I read somewhere that Mick , Ronnie, and others worked on both songs and at the end of the session agreed that Mick would take IORR and Ronnie would take Fire.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 7, 2006 20:38

I can see you in the alley... Whatcha doin down there, Baby!

Great song, great album. Nice cover.

Posted by: NoMistake ()
Date: March 7, 2006 21:09

yeah,a great album, keith contributes on 8-9 songs and wrote act together and sure the one you need..

Posted by: The human riff ()
Date: March 7, 2006 21:11

The follow up, now look from 1975 is just as good. Keith also contributes there.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: March 7, 2006 21:18

Ronnie got the best song!

IORR is a half-hearted Faces knockabout, only made half-decent by Keith's work.

It's a poor song by their previously high standards. In UK it was their first single that did not make top ten. A dud. Silly, sing-a-long lyrics. But then 'they' didn't write it! It belongs on a Faces album.

But it (IORR), like Rambler, has total authenticity and Stones essence when it hits the stage............. they kick the but out of it ......and splendid excuse for Keith to start Berry-chucking ..........

Posted by: NoMistake ()
Date: March 7, 2006 21:28

yeah,a uptempo year for him.a solo record, studio w stones, touring w stones,touring w faces..booze,pills,thrills and spills

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 7, 2006 22:17

>> In UK it was their first single that did not make top ten <<

... well, not exactly the *first* that didn't. but anyway.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: March 9, 2006 01:38

Well, 'Come On' didn't make Top Ten, but i think all the others did, (including the other lowest sixties one, 'We Love You').

JJF 1
HTW No 1
BS No 2
TD Sneeked in at no 9?
Angie No 4
IORR 11 or 12, I think.

Anyway Feel the Fire was a far better single ............... didn't chart though!

Posted by: kienan ()
Date: March 9, 2006 01:55

Ron wood's "I've got my own album to do" is one of my all time favorites. The Stones and the Faces back in the early '70s (and today) were my two favorite groups. "IGMOATO" was to me, the best of both worlds. Just wish the Stones would perform "I can the fire' in concert. After 31 years Ronnie deserves it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home