Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Stones on Superbowl DVD = pathetic
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 3, 2006 21:08

DVD!!!!......YEAH!!will it show MICK loosening up the cheer leaders ?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 3, 2006 21:17

Can't wait for the DVD. Anything with the Stones on film is worth it's weight in gold to me. Shake it on down.

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: March 3, 2006 21:17

What happened to debating the merit of what someone says...instead of debating the "content of their character"?

I don't know if it's worth buying the Super Bowl DVD just to get the 2 or 3 Stones songs on it. Are all 3 on it?

But as a Stones' fan, I probably would, just for the historical aspect of it.

AND...doesn't the NFL put these DVDs out? I assume they are profitting as well.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 3, 2006 21:19

Ok.. now for something different:

Yes people, that is indeed a chocolate chip cookie resting on Oolong's head there!

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 3, 2006 21:24

Thanks, Reptile. Ol' Oolong looks better with a cookie. That pancake made his head look so small.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 3, 2006 21:30

Yeah but in a way the pancake was cute, because it was like he was under the power of that pancake. Like he couldn't get away from it. Which made him allot more adorable. This picture is more like it's his hat or something, you know?

Here's another one of those pancake pics:

I like this one because he's looking straight into the camera. Like he's posing for a cool photo, but has no idea there's actually a pancake on his head.

Posted by: LesPaul ()
Date: March 3, 2006 22:53

Bobby Keyes is 100% Texan and has been with the stones for over 35years, Chuck is from alabama as i recall... i could go on, but i dont need to, because theres simply is no need for petty nationalism here.
aprilfool seems to be a case of "nomen est omen", he has judged himself already (no need to be so harsh to him)

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: March 3, 2006 23:32

Don't dramatic all that. This is not about nationalism. You talk about an identity and hop hop, directly they think nationalism. In first it was "WHAT IS THE LINK BETWEEN STONES AND SUPERBOWL?"
And now for the intolerant people and violent criticism:
"Ça glisse comme un pet sur une toile cirée"

Date: March 4, 2006 00:12

Thanks again Reptile. I gotta agree with you, it's the pancake that looks like it belongs on Oolong's head. Not the cookie. Nice narrative with the last photo. Keep 'em coming.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 4, 2006 00:13

what about oolong on a pancake?

Date: March 4, 2006 00:16

or our hairy hare humping a pancake?

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: March 4, 2006 00:35

Let's face it, it was a pathetic performance. Erased it from my hard drive with no remorse. not worth having.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 4, 2006 01:02

ok bruno you got my "hate" and went away with it
i beg yours and every "classic stones fan" pardon and take back that
it is not hate, can i call it "passionate dislike" of most of the things stones do these days
or maybe be i am still incorrect because these "classic stones fans" like many things of "modern era stones". it just happen that they don't feel like posting about them.
things for me don't change much
if you go back to the first post you see that there's a person who consider pathetic the situation of an nfl dvd that contains a stones performance
...pathetic for the stones, not for nfl, that is
than there are these "passionate" question marks about Darryl
than there's the shape of mick's brain
than there's this genius remark about not being good to get old
than there's this american thing about superbowl that, frankly, i miss the sense of

i consider these opinions completely legitimate of course
and even true if aprilfool just want to say "they are greedy"
yes they are
still they rocks, and roll and everything
and you can't call me or whomever a clown or a buffoon if I still like them
and then say: be cool, what is that fuss...etc
the problem is that (some of) you are not cool at all about that, but really angry and then you don't tolerate the anger of the "modern era fans"

if i consider some artist just a complete greedy bastard I don't consider myself a fan of him/her, maybe I say I used to be a fan...but now, probably I won't spend my time in a forum of fans (but that is a metter of choice and everyone is free)

Your post Bruno makes clear a fact that a "classic era stones fan" consider the others, those who still like the stones, "modern era stones fans" (aka clowns as others say)

I have to say you're wrong (i would use capital letters here but there's a rule about it...) because I love classic stones as much as you yet I still like them now. and yet I have many things that I feel like criticizing but, here's the point, I am not angry at all about it, instead I find many moments to get enthusiasm about the band.

Maybe I can try a definition of that difference. Is it more the anger and disappointment or the joy and pleasure that you get from following the stones today? And then comes the other question, does your posting/not posting on this board reflect your balance?

maybe you can have an identikit of a fan there

of course Oolong pancake's hat is derivative, he is patently and pathetically going thru the motions. that's the same old chocolate chips cooking. He doesn't not take any risks anymore and if he does it is clearly because he is hungry.

cheers

Date: March 4, 2006 01:06

i face it
i thought it was great and kept on my hd. worth having.
so what's pathetic and whose the clown?

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: March 4, 2006 01:13

So maybe I'm missing someting w/ALL the bitching going on. Has anyone actually SEEN the dvd? Is it complete, is the sound good? I ordered it today from amazon. Who cares about the damn game (unless you're from Pittsburg). It's an official release of the Stones footage that should be in excellant quality. Like last year, I just wanted the Paul footage and the game was incidental. I can't imagine the stones make much fom this, the NFL is much greedier!!

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: March 4, 2006 01:14

Stones got to eat to play well!!!!

Date: March 4, 2006 01:24

Dr Pete, you're great! you're post is really something. In fact, you're right, no one, especially the first poster has seen the real thing, He was simply saying that it is pathetic and not coherent in terms geopolitical terms. Got it? Now that you have this enlightening information you can properly change your Amazon's order. Maybe Aprilfool can give you some suggestions? Does Amazon sell a deluxe edition of Brussels 73? Oh, then maybe you are one of those "modern era stones fans" that can't really stand rolling stones 73...

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: March 4, 2006 01:28

maumau Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dr Pete, you're great! you're post is really
> something. In fact, you're right, no one,
> especially the first poster has seen the real
> thing, He was simply saying that it is pathetic
> and not coherent in terms geopolitical terms. Got
> it? Now that you have this enlightening
> information you can properly change your Amazon's
> order. Maybe Aprilfool can give you some
> suggestions? Does Amazon sell a deluxe edition of
> Brussels 73? Oh, then maybe you are one of those
> "modern era stones fans" that can't really stand
> rolling stones 73...

CHEERS!! Your next drink is on me!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 4, 2006 03:18

Stones on Superbowl DVD = pathetic
Posted by: aprilfool (IP Logged)
Date: March 3, 2006 12:04

Take it you won't be buying it then ?

Date: March 4, 2006 05:53

to each his own. Way too much bs for an idividuals opinion. Why don't we all agree and see how interesting that is.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 4, 2006 21:17

On this thread I liked the bunny pics only.
here's another bunny with something on the head

btw, the stage design at superbowl was fantastic

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1180
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home