Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: hank williams
Posted by: bat _outta_hell ()
Date: March 4, 2006 02:25

LOL..join the club...maybe if we could meld the two memories, we would have one combined memory cell.

ps..bj's best work IMO is gospel. the man does have a voice.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 4, 2006 02:34

Ah yeah Leonard i have acopy of "Hank Williams: the show he never gave".....cool lil movie....took me a holy grail search to find it but well worth the search

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: March 4, 2006 02:43

How about Luke the Drifer? I have some old '78's. Great stuff. He had to use this alias because the Luke the Drifter songs were considered by his record company to be too much in the "protest music" genere, a la Pete Seeger. When he would preform a Luke song live, he would announce it as "a song a friend of mine wrote". Chris Gaines, look out!

Posted by: JbirdOU ()
Date: March 4, 2006 02:52

Bocephus Is a real great collection of music as well. He lived all his songs too, mighty big shoes to fill. He had a lot of pain and hard living. I've seen him about a dozen times, He Rocks! Hank Sr. was the truest of pioneers in all modern music.

Date: March 4, 2006 02:57

One of Hank's early bands on station WSFA Montgomery.

L-R Shorty Seals - Indian Joe Hatcher - Mexican Charlie Mays - Hank - Boots Harris

ROCKMAN

Date: March 4, 2006 05:55

Did I do well pa? No3

Busted and bruised...one of the last photos of Hank.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: March 4, 2006 19:09

Posted by: MickGibsonSG ()
Date: March 4, 2006 21:05

billy don't let one person's rants deter you from sharing

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: March 9, 2006 07:28

Thanks for continuing on Billy

Date: March 9, 2006 12:25

Hank Williams open casket - Montgomery Municipal Auditorium 1953

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gut ()
Date: March 9, 2006 17:18

Shreveport, Louisiana now has a Louisiana Hayride Museum in the old Municipal Auditorium where Hank and Elvis played....a must-see if you're down that way.

Odd Trivia: Hank's second wife is still alive in Bossier City across the river, if I am correct. She was quite a hot babe in her day. All those Hayride hayseeds had her, and Hank was only married to her for a few weeks before he checked out. He was truly f-cked up on drugs or whatever to kill his back pain. He mixed Coca-Cola and Ammonia, for godsake, to fight it but I imagine it only baked his intestines instead. They said he would collapse in bed and wake up in wake up in a pile of his own urine and feces....He was in too bad a shape to live beyond 30...made Keith look like a health fanatic.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1604
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home