Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I've won tickets to the Radio City Music Hall show in NYC
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 2, 2006 08:57

Only kidding ! Got your attention though huh ?

Seriously though, anyone else get the e-mail from rs.com about entering this competition where you have to describe your "favourite Bigger Bang moment" in a certain number of words ? Some lucky bastard will win a pair of tickets.

I've entered, but the chances of winning ? Very remote I guess, as they are of winning pretty much anything in any of these things. But wouldn't it be nice ...............................????????

Dream on !

Re: I've won tickets to the Radio City Music Hall show in NYC
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 2, 2006 15:51

You can't hit if you dont swing!

JR

Posted by: turd ()
Date: March 2, 2006 15:54

What in Gods name is a 'Bigger Bang Moment' ????

Posted by: Meg White ()
Date: March 2, 2006 15:55

turd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What in Gods name is a 'Bigger Bang Moment' ????

I had one of those moments in the toilet last week.

Date: March 2, 2006 17:08

Didn't you get an e-mail notification from rs.com ? I guess obviously you have to have a membership, but if you do .. then you should have received an e-mail telling you about this competition, and then you just follow the links on their website.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 2, 2006 17:34

Yeah I got the email, but my Bigger Bang Moment is not of prize winning caliber (and I choose not to be dishonest by fabricating some fantastic moment).

My actual moment goes something like this:

Uh, I was excited in the days leading up to the October 15 Rolling Stones concert in Atlanta. The Rolling Stones would be promoting their new album, A Bigger Bang, so I just had to buy the CD. The excitement was so overwhelming that I skipped out of work early one day to buy the CD, and who should I see at the Wal Mart music section but my boss, near the Rolling Stones CD bin. I just couldn't let him see me missing work, and yet I just had to buy that CD now. I was in a dilemma. Throwing caution to the wind I decided to create a diversion. Knowing what car my boss was driving, I went to the customer service desk and asked in my best panic sounding voice to please announce on the intercom that there is a vintage 1963 blue and white Jensen Healey convertible in the parking lot burning like a tinder box. No sooner had the wide eyed customer service lady announced the message, then I saw a blur of grey hair and brown cordurory racing out the front door. I went to the CD section unencumbered now and bought the A Bigger Bang CD. I listened to it twice that night as I drifted off to sweet dreams about being a back stage tour manager for the band. Three days later I saw my favorite band, The Rolling Stones, put on the greatest show I've ever seen in my life and they performed three songs from the A Bigger Bang CD. I went to bed that night thinking I was the luckiest man in the world.

Date: March 2, 2006 18:54

I'd like to meet the person who does win - if in fact,there will really be one.

Posted by: wesleyman ()
Date: March 2, 2006 19:02

I'll believe it when i see it. they sent the same type of email out when theyed played the Pheonix. never heard of anybody winning. not even one. you would think they would award at least a few tickets. hope i'm wrong on this...

Date: March 2, 2006 19:02

Theif in the Night Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd like to meet the person who does win - if in
> fact,there will really be one.

Oh shit, I have f***ed up bigtime. Even if I won, I can't go !!! What a stupid bastard, I should have looked at the calendar before getting carried away and filling in the entry form thing on rs.com !

Well, if I do win, I'll donate the bloody tickets to the best man, woman or dog on this board. Can't do fairer than that !

Posted by: adamdean ()
Date: March 2, 2006 20:29

The catch is you have to be a MEMBER of rs.com in order to register to win - so it's really all about selling their useless memberships, and NOT about giving away a "free" pair of tickets after all!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1491
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home