Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How much is a rs.com membership?
Posted by: Hansel ()
Date: February 27, 2006 12:10

Hi just how much is it?Can anyone help me with a great ticket to Rod Laver arena?

Re: How much is a rs.com membership?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 27, 2006 12:13

US$100 for a year. The info is on the website!

Date: February 27, 2006 12:14

Can this get me front row tix?

Date: February 27, 2006 12:19

if youre quick off the mark, it should hopefully get you reasonably priced tickets in the front ten rows anyway

just make sure you got for 'best available' tickets and dont pick the most expensive ones, because they keep the first few rows at a low price

eg

in the US the most expensive tickets were $454...in the first few rows, you could get tickets for $99

In the UK, the top price was £150...first ten rows in Block A had tickets available for £60.

Most of these tickets get snapped up on rs.com fan club presales. Its less likely that you'll get them on other "free" presales like Visa etc. Those sales tend to be more geared towards getting people to buy good but not great seats at sky high prices.

Date: February 27, 2006 12:23

So it was possible to get a ticket to a US show via rs.com for $99?

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: February 27, 2006 12:50

Now Gazza, that is interesting.
Anybody else have a similar experience?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 27, 2006 12:56

Gazza is correct-
There were £60 first block tickets available for the UK shows, i can confirm, through rs.com presales and for a limited time through general sale. But as you can imagine they were snapped up pretty sharpish.

Request 'best available'...don't automatically click on most expensive.

Date: February 27, 2006 13:04

thanks guys

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 27, 2006 13:14

Here are 2 posts I put on Rocks Off that may help you out.

Hi! Before the tickets go on sale check what the prices are on the pitch or on the floor. For all the Euro and North America the first 5 or 10 rows at the front are amongst the cheapest seats available. Granted, they can be like goldust but they can be had. If you've got a passcode already copy it and paste it directly into the box provided when the tickets go on sale, this will save time and stop you making a mistake. Double check your code on RS.com before the on sale release. If you've got a pre 5/9 code you should have a great chance at amazing seats. Lastly, and I'm not condoning it but a lot of people used the 1 code to get 2 tickets to 1 show and 2 for another. Hope this all helps.

I forgot one last thing. If the best seats are very cheap, type in number of tickets (say, 4) then click on the price of those tickets (say, $99) and then click on 'Best Available' This will guarantee that if they are available you'll get a crack at them.
Not doing this can result in you being offered more expensive seats that are worse than the cheap, front row ones you want. During a ticket drop for Wembely if you just looked for 2 tickets without stating the price and best available options, you were offered row 12 for £150, if you put in 2 at £60, and best available you got row 6 for £90 less! Hope this makes sense?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 27, 2006 13:45

Adrian-L Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gazza is correct-
> There were £60 first block tickets available for
> the UK shows, i can confirm, through rs.com
> presales and for a limited time through general
> sale. But as you can imagine they were snapped up
> pretty sharpish.
>
> Request 'best available'...don't automatically
> click on most expensive.

I can also confirm that Gazza is 100 percent correct. My friend and I are going to all five UK shows (Wembley 1 & 2, Glasgow, Sheffield, Cardiff), ALL the tickets we bought are in the first 3 rows, can't recall which row for which show right now offhand, but between all the shows we're either in rows 1, 2 or 3. In order to have gotten those we SPECIFICALLY selected £60 tickets, NOT £150. So with all due respect to what is written above, DO NOT select "Best Available". Select the "specific price". At least that's what I suggest. We also made a point of being there right at the moment the buggers went on sale, not 30 seconds afterwards, but if anything - 60 seconds before. And keep refreshing the page every 15 seconds. They will - as I'm sure you can appreciate - go very bloody quickly. Good luck !

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 27, 2006 14:04

Thanks to all for the tips very helpful.

paulywaul wrote

In order to have gotten those we SPECIFICALLY selected £60 tickets, NOT £150.

So paulywaul what your saying is always go for the lowest priced tickets in the box?....as in your case £60

ROCKMAN

Date: February 27, 2006 14:27

Well, it helps for sure if you know what price the cheaper front of stage tickets are in advance. If you do, stick to that price when you look for them

In the US, the $99 seats werent actually the cheapest available (it was usually around $60) - in the UK, the £60 seats were - but not at all venues (I think Sheffield and Wembley had £40 nosebleeds)

problem is they dont normally 'officially' tell you in advance what the breakdown is on a block by block basis. It varies from one venue to the next (you can expect a higher percentage of top priced tickets in New York than you would get in Little Rock for example)

I would expect the front block tickets to be around the 3rd most expensive price range

In the US, the price ranges were usually something like : $450, $160, $99, $60 - with some in the front few rows going for $99

In the UK, it was £150, £90, £60 and (in some venues) £40, with the front block having availability at £60.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 27, 2006 15:18

>> Well, it helps for sure if you know what price the cheaper front of stage tickets are in advance. If you do, stick to that price when you look for them <<

well, up to a point! if you don't get offered them the first couple of tries, chances are they're not going to come up until much later, if at all.

Date: February 27, 2006 17:34

Rockman Wrote:
> Thanks to all for the tips very helpful.
>
> paulywaul wrote
>
> In order to have gotten those we SPECIFICALLY
> selected £60 tickets, NOT £150.
>
> So paulywaul what your saying is always go for the
> lowest priced tickets in the box?....as in your
> case £60
>
>
>
> ROCKMAN

NO, I'm NOT saying that at all. Look at Gazza's post in which he mentions the Uk (for example) ticket pricing structure: as below

<<<In the UK, it was £150, £90, £60 and (in some venues) £40, with the front block having availability at £60>>>

Now when my friend and I were getting tickets for all of these UK shows, we considered it was quite likely that this business of "cheaper" seats existing within the first few rows, which is what had happened on the US leg of the tour, was similarly going to apply here in the UK. After following threads about this whilst being were buying tickets for some of the US shows, we concluded from looking at the UK show pricing structure, that IF (and I stress IF) this marketing strategy was indeed going to apply, then of the price categories £150, £90, £60, those front row seats were "likely" to be priced at £60. It was a GUESS, but it was a reasonably educated guess and it proved to be correct and in the end it served us very well in terms of the fact that we've ended up in the first 3 rows for all 5 shows in the UK. But I do stress, it was a GUESS. In the venues were there was a choice of 4 categoreies as Gazza mentions, the 4th being £40, we figured that front row for £40 would be just a little too good to be true, so we stuck to searching for £60 seats.

However, look at this way. They've priced a few front rows in either the "lowest" or "second lowest" price category now both across the States, AND in the UK, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they'll apply the same strategy elsewhere.

To summarize then:

If there are 4 (FOUR) price categories, and if you're literally right there 30 seconds before the site goes live and they start selling, I should try and target the SECOND LOWEST price category. Chances are if they HAVE allocated a bunch of front rows for much less cost than the highest price category, it'll be the SECOND LOWEST.

If there are 3 (THREE) price categories, I would go for the LOWEST of the three.

All I can tell you is that reading about other people's ticket buying experiences helped my friend and I an awful lot in shaping our own strategy. Maybe we've been lucky, but so far it's worked for us. So I wish you good luck my friend.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 27, 2006 19:19

As far as I remember the arena shows in Australia 2003 i.e. Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane did not have lower priced front row tickets. They were all top price starting with row one.

Bjornulf

Date: February 27, 2006 21:16

I had front few rows for Twickenham and Wembley last tour though, Bjornulf and those tickets were the top price (£150)

Obviously, youve been to a lot more shows than I have on this tour and the last one but generally on THIS tour theyve made it easier to get tickets in the front few rows for a low price

The ticket structure for Sydney is as follows (I assume its similar for Melbourne)

Diamond $399.50
Premium $154.50
Gold $94.50
Silver $54.50

Going by the example of the US and UK shows, I would imagine that the cheaper seats in the first few rows will be priced at $94.50 (although some may also be $399.50). The $54.50 tickets will be nosebleeds.

Date: February 27, 2006 21:18

Well there you go. As for saying that whatever approach you decide to adopt for ticket buying is a matter of "taking an educated guess" as to what money buys what seat and where ............ I rest my case. If what BV says above is repeated this time around in OZ/NZ, then the approach that worked for me in UK will do ya no good.

Do your research, make a guess. Bon chance to ya

Date: February 28, 2006 00:26

in the sales i've watched real closely, the strategies that have worked well have really varied a lot.
some of the presales have offered a lot of great tickets; some seem to have been no better than the public sales.
i've seen those low-priced miracle tickets in the front rows come up both in public sales and in presales,
not to mention in ticket drops weeks after the sales started (thank you Flairville ~ thank you Stones!)

the best strategy really seems to be to go in with an awareness that obviously not everyone's going to get those miracle tickets,
and with a readiness to pay the normal price for tickets that would make you happy - and then being happy with what you get.

~*COURAGE!*~ it's the Rolling Stones!

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 28, 2006 02:18

and how the hell are we supposed to sleep between now and presale time!@

: P

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: February 28, 2006 03:18

Hansel
You need to be a rollingstones.com member before they announced this tour to get into the first presale.

If you pay $100 now you will be given the chance of buying tickets 2 hrs after the tickets first go on sale.

On top of this people with Amex get to buy tickets early aswell.

If you have an Amex card use it.

The chances of getting tickets in the first 10 rows after 2hrs are not good,not impossible but the best seats will definately be taken.

Date: February 28, 2006 10:57

>> the best seats will definitely be taken <<

well ... not exactly. there are different allotments of tickets for the different sales.
some of the presales clearly have lots of great seats, but other times the public sales have been at least as good.
obviously not everyone gets in the first 10 rows, but if you've got a shot at three different sales -
the credit card sale, the fanclub sale and the public sale - that seems like a pretty fair chance at emerging from the fray with tickets that you can be happy about.

~*COURAGE!*~
it's the Rolling Stones!

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: February 28, 2006 17:27

maxx Wrote:
> Hansel
> You need to be a rollingstones.com member before
> they announced this tour to get into the first
> presale.
>
> If you pay $100 now you will be given the chance
> of buying tickets 2 hrs after the tickets first go
> on sale.
>
> On top of this people with Amex get to buy tickets
> early aswell.
>
> If you have an Amex card use it.
>
> The chances of getting tickets in the first 10
> rows after 2hrs are not good,not impossible but
> the best seats will definately be taken.
>

I thought the presale in Oz was for VISA members, not AMEX. Anyway, the point is this. Very few of the tickets available to those people will be comparable to the ones available through the fan club. They DONT necessarily get access to the SAME seats. In the UK, most of the pitch tickets available as a free presale to AMEX members were in Block B. Its a ruse to get rid of the most overpriced seats.

The BEST chances of getting the cheaper tickets down front in the presales generally are - in order

1) members with a pre May 9 code (and there are not many of them left)
2) platiunum rs.com members
3) people with access to the free presales (Visa/Amex or venue passcodes)

If youre just happy to get in at all, the Visa presale is fine. If you want a decent chance at the great seats, use the rs.com membership.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 28, 2006 18:58

Not to be sarcastic, if you know someone who has one and will let you use their PW and UN its free.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: February 28, 2006 22:44

Gazza I stand corrected.

Did not know about visa in au.

I did see someone on here say with their Amex they got tickets in the first 2 rows center blocks for all the UK shows.
So they are not always restricted to the expensive tickets in presale.

Date: March 1, 2006 00:44

maxx Wrote:

> I did see someone on here say with their Amex they got tickets in the first 2
> rows center blocks for all the UK shows.>

That person may well have been me. If you've got a Visa or Amex and they're giving you early access using those cards, USE them !!

Date: March 1, 2006 03:21

maxx Wrote:
> Gazza I stand corrected.
>
> Did not know about visa in au.
>
> I did see someone on here say with their Amex they
> got tickets in the first 2 rows center blocks for
> all the UK shows.
> So they are not always restricted to the expensive
> tickets in presale.
>
>
>

Thats certainly true, but like I said, you generally have a better chance with the rs.com code

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: March 1, 2006 10:00

Gazza (or anyone else that might know)

What's the story with the May 9 code?

I purchased a plat m/ship today (1 March here) which is obviously well prior to May 9 this year.
So at the risk of appearing obtuse, are they referring to May 9 2005?

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 1, 2006 10:29

yer May 9 2005

Date: March 1, 2006 10:30

yes, they're referring to may 9th 2005. the tour was announced on may 10th 2005,
and people who were members of the fanclub before that got a very surprising thank-you/acknowledgement
in the form of separate presales from the people who joined after that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home