Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Give South America some more concerts -beyond September. They deserve it!
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: February 25, 2006 17:24

What do we expect beyond the european leg of the tour? I suppose a small additional round in USA and some concerts in Australia and New Zealand. And my question is: why not a second round in South America too??

There is huge demand there (especially in Argentina), where a lot of young and enthousiastic people want to see the Stones. Seven or more months after the first round, i suppose they could easily sell out atleast one (if not two) River Plate’s Stadium, again. Brazilians didn’t spend their money to see them for the time being, so there is possibility of one or two stadium shows i suppose. And what about the plans of vistiting Chile and Venezuela?

I know the ticket prices are necessarily cheaper in South America, but M. Cohl knows that the big audiences bring good money, too. Also they help the band to keep once again their tour records (total number of audiences- not only the figure “grosses”). So, as the band will perform in North America again, I think they must do it in South America too.

Give South America some more concerts -beyond September. They deserve it!

Re: Give South America some more concerts -beyond September. They deserve it!
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 25, 2006 17:27

They do dserve cause they are wild and warm!!!

Date: February 25, 2006 18:05

After reading reviews from my friends, i'm sure i won't skip south america next time, even if the flight from Europe is so expensive. Please my dear Rolling Stones, go back to Buenos Aires in september, they deserve it, and i'll be there too.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 25, 2006 18:21

Jumpinjackflash59 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After reading reviews from my friends, i'm sure i
> won't skip south america next time, even if the
> flight from Europe is so expensive. Please my dear
> Rolling Stones, go back to Buenos Aires in
> september, they deserve it, and i'll be there too.

I'll probably be on the same plane

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 25, 2006 19:17

Totally agreed. They can do a whole string of stadiums in Argentina, the fan base here is very big. They sold out the 130,000 most expensive tickets of the history of this country.

Posted by: CowgirlInTheSand ()
Date: February 25, 2006 19:39

Yeah and the riots are fun for all too! Don't forget about that part. I bet the Stones particularly enjoy the rioting especially after the Hells Angels debacle back in the day. Why'd the Stones want to pass up another opportunity to have shit thrown at them while they're on stage performing for their fans? What respect! Who wouldn't go back for more? Yes, this is seething with sarcasm in case anyone missed that part.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-25 19:46 by CowgirlInTheSand.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 25, 2006 19:58

It isn't profitible enough but I think they should do an extensive tour down there when its summer again. From what I have seen of footage from previous shows its almost like they are a rock n roll band again.

Date: February 25, 2006 20:35

Cowgirl, i had a few friends there, some of them where very close to the so called riots, and they weren't really afraid. I think it's the same thing in every countries. TV usually make those events bigger than they are. Don't trust the journalists.

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: February 26, 2006 04:12

YES!!! They coluld defenitly sell out more here! I was at the Stones's show in Argentina and there was a lot of people on the streets who could not get in and wanted to (some of them had fake tickets and some of them had real tickets) and I'm dead sure that most of the people who went to their shows in Argentina and those who went to the one in Rio would want to come back for extra concerts after the spetacle they gave us. They could do 2 shows in Rio, 2 in Sao Paulo, 2 in Santiago, 2 in Buenos Aires and one in Caracas. Would that still not be profitable? I mean the demand is there! The band was playing really tight in that show I went to because of the feeling of the crowd so they could take many songs from those concerts for a live release (plus if they advertise that some of those songs were recorded in South America I'm sure many non-fanatic Rolling Stones fan would see that as a good reason to buy it too!).

"Too many roads lead to nowhere
But how they twist and they turn
And a dead end and a dusty old strip mall
Where your tires are all shredded and burned"

- Driving Too Fast

Date: February 26, 2006 06:53

"Would that still not be profitable? I mean the demand is there!"

Well, I said profitible enough, which is profitible by Stones standards which are not the usual standards we or even most other money hungry bands live by.

Posted by: Hansel ()
Date: February 26, 2006 07:00

Argentina is a pure rock'n'roll counrty.It doesn't suffer as much from techno and the added gayness to 90's grunge.

Date: February 26, 2006 07:17

"Argentina is a pure rock'n'roll counrty.It doesn't suffer as much from techno and the added gayness to 90's grunge."

The Ramones could play stadiums there which proves Argentina might very well be the center of the rock universe.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: February 26, 2006 13:02

Keith The Beast wrote: "They could do 2 shows in Rio, 2 in Sao Paulo, 2 in Santiago, 2 in Buenos Aires and one in Caracas. Would that still not be profitable?"

Of course it is profitable! It would be profitalble even a less ambitious plan: two Buenos Aires, two or three in Brazil, one in Santiago, one in Caracas. And what about Montevideo, this time?

Come on guys, just do it! Hey, mr Cohl...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1626
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home