Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Who Tour
Posted by: thrak ()
Date: February 23, 2006 18:48

hi. 12 jul The Who will play in Berlin. Do you think it's worth to spend cash on it? for ex.i saw The Doors reunion and it was horrible ( worst tour ever ? ) . so my question is what the can offer just a legend or something more ?

Re: The Who Tour
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 23, 2006 18:52

sadly--how can it be a WHO tour...? most of them are now dead. buy their dvd...
sometimes when you go see a band you love and you have to see them. then you go and find that its just the name and the band members are all different..its not the who ANYMORE!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 23, 2006 18:53

Going by what I saw of them on their last tour (2004), I'd say its most definitely worth it. They were absolutely brilliant

Daltrey's rediscovered some of his vocal pipes and Townshend played like a man possessed.

Dont believe this old crap that just because theres no Entwistle or Moon, they cant cut it anymore. It might be a pure nostalgia show but its still a great one.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 23, 2006 18:54

Be sure to catch the Duke Ellington Orchestra when it comes to your town, too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-23 18:54 by T&A.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 23, 2006 18:55

Zak's a good drummer, Pete rocks, Roger has the voice. It's all good.

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: February 23, 2006 18:58

Yes, they still sound good, but it's more like The Two than it is The Who.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 23, 2006 18:59

Must sound different without Entwisle.

Posted by: malja316 ()
Date: February 23, 2006 19:00

If you can afford the tickets, Go See Them! Zak Starkey is a GREAT drummer and is my favorite Who drummer to takeover that job since the unfortunate passing of Keith Moon. The new bass player is good too...

Now mind you, the two newest members of the Who are nowhere near as good as Moon and Entwhistle were for this band, but since Daltrey/Townsend want to keep this band going forward, they found great replacements for the 2 original members...

I hope their new album is really good and hopefully their ticket prices are affordable...I would love to check them out again!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 23, 2006 19:04

HU2...

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: February 23, 2006 19:05

Is it true the new album is called "Who's Left"

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 23, 2006 19:05

Will Zak be part of the tour ?
I thought he was with Oasis now...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: February 23, 2006 19:06

I think it's called "Who Cares?"

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 23, 2006 19:16

The Who still play the way we WISH the Stones did now. A real live, virtually unaccompanied, warts'n'all raucous good time. I miss Entwhistle too but Pino is a highly capable bass player and Zak is like the reincarnated Moon. Apparently there is NEW MUSIC in the pipeline as well.

Date: February 23, 2006 19:18

Zak was only ever 'on loan' to Oasis and is officially a member of The Who. Having seen them a few times in recent years, I would definitely recommend catching them if you can. It was Moonie who taught Zak to play drums in the first place.....his dad was against the idea! Pino Palladino is a very capable bass player and whilst no-one can replace the Ox, he does a damn fine job. Oh yeah, and as previously mentioned, Pete and Roger still kick it too!

Date: February 23, 2006 19:18

will Pino be there again? - thought he was a permanent member of Mayer's trio....

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 23, 2006 19:22

"most of them are already dead"

uh, not exactly.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 23, 2006 19:28

I last saw them in '02 and they were very good, well worth seeing. Not as good as when they had Entwistle, but there is no way to find a comparable replacement for possibly the best rock bass player of all time. Although I would like to see them get Jack Cassady. Pino is a very good bassist, though, and as someone else said Starkey is practically the reincarnation of Moon. Awesome drummer!

I don't get all this "it's not the Who" stuff. They not only have two of the four original members, they have the most important two. I loved Entwistle and Moon, but let's face it, if those two were still alive and Pete and Roger were dead there would be no way they could carry on as The Who. Pete wrote all the songs, played all the guitar and did a fair amount of singing, and Daltrey is one of the best frontmen of all time. Go see them, you won't be sorry!

Posted by: kienan ()
Date: February 23, 2006 19:39

Mick and Keith are the Rolling Stones. They will carry on regardless,new guitarist, bassist, new horns, pianist, even a new drummer, Etc; The same can be said of Daltery and Townshend. I am looking forward to seeing them. Hopeful the new record will see light of day. As ohnonotyouagain said: Go see them, you won't be sorry!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 23, 2006 19:40

Caught the 2 numbers on Live 8 last year and they were dynamite. I think it was "Who Are You?" and "Won't Get Fooled Again" Just brilliant with Pete as a previous poster put it "playing like a man possessed"
So much better than that Pink Floyd shit!!!
I've got some work commitments but I'm gonna try to get to Liverpool July 5th

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: February 23, 2006 19:53

i wish they'd play Birmingham. the bastards

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: February 23, 2006 19:56

I think it would be a great show. I haven't seen them since the early 90's, but I think Pete will be able to rock even when he's a drooling old man.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 23, 2006 20:05

If they're out there playing, go see them. You shouldn't miss the opportunity of seeing this band, in whatever form they exist today and irrespective of who died and who replaced them. As stated loads of times in this thread already, the two original members are like men possessed these days, and both Zak and Pino do their predecessors proud. I'd fully go along with those views. My suggestion is - don't miss 'em.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 23, 2006 20:43

Seems like busy days for Stones- & Who-fans in Germany.
They play the same dates (but in different cities) at least two dates:
July 12th: Stones in Leipzig, The Who in Berlin
July 23rd: Stones in Cologne, The Who in Ulm.

However, The Who play smaller venues...

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 23, 2006 20:54

I saw them @ MSG in NYC summer of 2002. One of the best concerts I have ever seen. They put forth a tremendous effort and gave a superb performance.

If Zak Starkey is drumming you will get to see the best in the business today.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 23, 2006 21:16

Hey Thrak
Are You going by car? If so, You could pick me up from Poznan if a get a day off from worksmiling smiley. Are You still in Poland for the Stones in Berlin on July 21st?

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: February 23, 2006 21:21

Adams Berlin na pewno mi odpada , 12 lipca to max temin dla mnie dlatego pytam o the who. Na Stones za granice jade do Wiednia ( mam bilet juz )

Date: February 23, 2006 21:28

No dobra, z tym odbiorem z Poznania tez chodzilo mi o The Whosmiling smiley. Mam ciagle mala nadzieje ze moze zagraja w Gdyni na Openerze bo w tym roku graja tez na festiwalach

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 23, 2006 22:02

Ykjzxka dkdslj kdjj kjiemc, asdkfj kje, kfjjfkdj lwkc, ddfdjkemcÀzz.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 23, 2006 22:05

a woop bop a lula, a woop bam boom. sorry, i just wanted to try and be part of the fun.

Date: February 23, 2006 22:15

sorry, just talking about a possible trip from Poland to Berlin

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home