Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Isn't Keith bored stiff?
Posted by: swsfo ()
Date: February 23, 2006 11:59

Want to hear KR play "Before They Make Me Run" (although did enjoy Infamy in the '05 shows)

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: February 23, 2006 16:01

I absolutely wish Keith and the Stones would mix it up more.
I've seen every tour since 1975, spent thousands and thousands of dollars, and 75% of the songs are the same each tour for the last 30 years.

When I listen to the bootlegs I'm lucky to find 3 or 4 songs on each one that I actually WANT to hear. For me, I just don't care to listen to Brown Sugar on any boots anymore. I never get tired of the studio version of Brown Sugar (or Ya Ya's...) but on my boots I'm scrolling thru to find things like Monkey Man, Dancin w/ Mr. D, etc and I'm skipping most of the warhorses.
I mean, how many times can you listen to a live version of Honky Tonk Woman? Press skip...

The Stones catalog is way too big to limit the setlist like they do.
With tickets in the $100 to $300 range they need to play the warhorses AND mix it up. 50% warhorses for the first timers and 50% something different for ME.
To play Sway once this tour and then get scared because not enough people recognized it is ridiculous.

Having said all that I'll be there for the next tour too.
Jumping up and down with a huge smile on my face when Keith breaks into Brown Sugar!

Posted by: ShatterednVA ()
Date: February 24, 2006 02:08

Keith looks bored stiff and Keith is very boring

Date: February 24, 2006 02:25

It's hard to say that he's boring - seems like a pretty interesting character to me.

Date: February 24, 2006 20:35

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Different crowd every night. The shows are not
> about what they play but where and who they play.
> Like a fooball team. They play the same game all
> the time. But still it is different. If you like
> to play ball it's great. And if you love to
> perform then the song is not the issue - the crowd
> is what it is all about. That is why it is really
> pointless to make comments on set lists. New crowd
> every night. New opportunities. New excitement.
>
> Bjornulf
New opportunities.Exactly.They should take more advantage of them.We are talking about the Rolling Stones and not Huey Lewis & the News.People should be able to go to shows on a few different Stones tours and hear more different songs.They still have a large number of songs that have not been but deserve to be played live.They also have hugely popular songs that have been rarely played in recent years.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 24, 2006 20:39

Believe it or not, but most fans want to hear songs they have heard before, and know well.

Bjornulf

Date: February 24, 2006 21:05

If they are fans,they should know most,if not all of the songs.I think the real solution to all of this is some (more) club shows for die hard fans and fans who want to see a different type of Stones show.Maybe,if for no other reason,as a gesture to the people who have supported them through the years.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home