Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stage without on stage in Europe
Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: February 22, 2006 10:01

Looking to the stage set in both Brasil and now Buenos Aires it seems that there is no on stage seating anymore.
So there will be no fighting and tearing about such tickets.

Re: Stage without on stage in Europe
Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: February 22, 2006 11:40

I sure hope they don't bring that low budget Latin American stage to Europe! The outdoor stage in the US was one of the highlights of the show for me - very cool design, great lighting, etc. If they chose something more affordable, the folks in EU are not getting the same show (although the tix are cheaper, so YCAGWYW)

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: February 22, 2006 12:11

Absolutely correct.
I liked the show inthe US and hoped for the stage and arena shows.
but anyway...

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: February 22, 2006 12:44

All the whiners who complained that On Stage was not as good as front row, didn't like how the tickets were sold, etc. should be quite happy now. For all of you who are disappointed, give the whiners a big round of applause.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: February 22, 2006 12:47

They changed the stage in 89 from the mammoth industrial Steel Wheels stage the US shows had to a scaled down more colorful "Urban Jungle" stage.

Milo, NYC
Slipping away

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 22, 2006 12:48

it's bloody "low budget"Urban Jungle all over again !

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: February 22, 2006 12:55

the urban jungle stage was great... IMO

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: salar ()
Date: February 22, 2006 13:40

The US stage set will be used in europe as well...

the did not use it for Southamerica cause it is just a handful of shows there and maybe due to logistics and costs they used a different stage for the latin shows...but europe with more than 35 gigs to come will be performed by the "ON Stage" stage we all know from the US leg.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: February 22, 2006 13:43

I just wanna hear the music.

Oily.

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: February 22, 2006 14:26

Right salar, I remember Jagger mentioning the Onstage concept at either the European TV press conference or another interview.
And to be honest I would be really disappointed to see this kitschy stage on European ground. Ticket prices simply call for the US stage. Here in Germany people pay up to 210€ (approx. $250).

Date: February 22, 2006 15:22

For $250 instead of $450 you get half the stage, half the effort and half the setlist.

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: February 22, 2006 15:33

I doubt the Stones would use such a montrous stage for only 16 or 17 stadium concerts in the US. THIS is wastage.
You can't compare it to the SW/UJ tour, because the SW tour was a stadium only tour (approx. 70 stadium concert incl. Japan) attracting almost the same amount of people only in the US as the Licks tour did worldwide.
So there was no real problem to substitute the bigger SW stage for the smaller UJ stage.

@Steven Now that is naive fallacy :-)

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: February 22, 2006 15:41

The stages of the Voodoo Lounge, B2B and Licks Tour were identic in the US and Europe. During the VL Tour they had three different stages of three different sizes due to the location they played.

At the time, I can't find any tickets for onstage seating. Possibly, they will be sold short before the concerts, or they will be sort of lottery. But: as long as I have FOS tix I don't want to sit and watch Mick's ass from 20-30 meters above.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 22, 2006 17:32

Steven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All the whiners who complained that On Stage was
> not as good as front row, didn't like how the
> tickets were sold, etc. should be quite happy now.
> For all of you who are disappointed, give the
> whiners a big round of applause.

I blush

Date: February 22, 2006 20:24

I forget to mention that for half price you also get half the band as Ronnie and Chuck will be staying home as well to please the whiners.

Who says the Stones are not customer oriented. They will give you exactly what you've been asking for.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 22, 2006 20:27

salar Wrote:
> The US stage set will be used in europe as
> well...
>
> the did not use it for Southamerica cause it is
> just a handful of shows there and maybe due to
> logistics and costs they used a different stage
> for the latin shows...but europe with more than 35
> gigs to come will be performed by the "ON Stage"
> stage we all know from the US leg.
>
>

I would think thats probably correct, salar

Logistics can determine a lot of things

When they played South Africa on the Voodoo Lounge tour for example, they didnt bring the giant cobra that was such a key part of the stage design on that tour - its just wasnt cost effective to transport it all that way for only two concerts

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 22, 2006 20:30

Milo Yammbag Wrote:
> They changed the stage in 89 from the mammoth
> industrial Steel Wheels stage the US shows had to
> a scaled down more colorful "Urban Jungle" stage.
>
> Milo, NYC
> Slipping away

I think a lot of that was more down to the fact that the European shows started in daylight as the tour took place in mid summer and so they felt a different design was more appropriate.

The stadiums in Europe were every bit as large as those in America (the biggest audience of the tour was actually in Prague) plus a few shows towards the end of the tour used the Steel Wheels stage again when they were filming "At The Max"

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 22, 2006 22:35

I actually read somewhere that the reason for new stage is that they are having problems with regulators in a number of countries over the on-stage seating.

By the way, that snake was totally useless, as far as I am concerned.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 23, 2006 09:26

I really wish the US stage to come over to Europe.
It was looking fantastic, the lights were great, and this stage (just my opinion) looks like a cheap fetival stage steel structure with a couple of plastic leaves hanging on it.

The only "good thing" about this stage is that the light towers aren't there anymore to hide parts of the screen.
But since when is Europe a secondary zone of residency for Stones fans ?
They ARE europeans, they just cant make a 3 months stadium tour that would give to their european fans a less spectacular show than what they did in America.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: February 23, 2006 11:44

The good thing about the US stage is that technologically it is more of an overall concept. Indeed the South America stage, although colorful and with a huge screen (or is it just larger in my imagination), seems cheaper and less well thought about.

The lights in the US stage were concealed in the panels etc. and moreover, it was, and that is new and not used on a RS tour before, the entire stage was a screen, as the walls "behind" the balcony's could feature as an extention to the main screen.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 24, 2006 01:05

Well I asked someone from stageco and he answered that the stones management should answer that question. Not a very reassuring answer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home