Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Star Star in Buffalo 1975
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 21, 2006 01:19

I listened to the "Heartbreakers In Buffalo"-CD today. On the first chorus, have you other heard that AWFUL voice singing with Jagger. It's unbearable. Of course, I've listened to this CD before, but this time it really tricked me off.
What I wondered about was: Who is it? Ronnie or Preston? I can't believe they would sing like that...
Hope somebody have an opinion...

Re: Star Star in Buffalo 1975
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 21, 2006 01:51

Eric,

I have not heard it yet, but I am very interested. My brother attended both shows.

What songs are on it? How is the quality?

Date: February 21, 2006 01:57

There were one show on June 15th and one on August 8th.
Quality: Very good soundboard. Really nice, but a bit muddy. The excellent performance makes it a must anyway. First half of the show, through Fingerprint File.
Somebody posted it here on MP3 some months ago, but I got the CD.
The August concert was not that good, to say the least.

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 21, 2006 02:00

I am not certain that I am accurate here--but is this the show
where supposedly Mick, Keith and Ronnie took LSD? I know it was at the end of the '75 tour and this show was at the end.

If I remember correctly, at some point, the band starts Heartbreaker and Mick sings Street Fighting Man lol--I think this was all the same show.

I have never heard this show and like I said, I could be way off here.

Date: February 21, 2006 02:04

Glass Slide, that is the 2nd Buffalo show, in August. Not the great one from June. I haven't got the 2nd show myself, but I've read about it several places. The question is: Is it worth to pay 70 dollars for a double CD, that you'll only listen to once?

Date: February 21, 2006 02:05

I have both shows and I'm sure whatever voice you hear besides Mick is Billy.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: February 21, 2006 02:08

Oh thank you, I'd forgotten about the question :-)
Still, I can't believe he would sing like that (as on the first chorus). It's bleeding awful, I've never heard him like that before.

Posted by: dj ()
Date: February 21, 2006 03:40

Billy does a lot of backing vocals on the 75 tour but I think it's Ronnie on Starf***er.

Date: February 21, 2006 05:28

My apologies. I thought we were talking about Heartbreaker. Yep, it's Ronnie. LSD at the final show in Buffalo? Urban rumour... Mick taking LSD before going onstage? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home