Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

WHOOOO!!! WHAT A SHOW!!! RIO ROCKED!!!
Posted by: FanBrazil ()
Date: February 19, 2006 05:37

Whooohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!

WHAT a show!!! Just got home from copabana!! I dont even know what to say!
It was out of this world!!!!I never saw that many people in one show!!! People werer rockin', the boys were so pumped!!!I dont even think they wanted to stop!
The sky was clear, beatiful moon, 28, 29 degrees celcius!! Great setlist (it was cool and necessary the mixed they came up with), ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh......WHOO!!!

Now, i'm gonna have a few drinks with my girl now, watch the show we left recording and enjoy the end of this beautiful summer night in Rio with mon amour!

Tomorrow mourning we'll get up, hit the beach, relax, than take a bike ride to one of the city's waterfalls; than have a nice late-lunch, pick up a DVD and relax the last of our sunday!
This is what a weekend in Rio is all about!!!!

Peace to u all,

ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: WHOOOO!!! WHAT A SHOW!!! RIO ROCKED!!!
Date: February 19, 2006 05:41

Over 1 million people sang satisfaction, sympaphy and etc together!!!!

How about Ramble?!!!! Damn, after i get my S... toghether i'll come post more!

I do not know how to describe what that felt like! I felt and can still feel the chills!

We are both overwellmed here! Good night to you all!

Posted by: stonesctl ()
Date: February 19, 2006 05:49

All of us here in radio and internet land envy you FanBrazil!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 19, 2006 05:50

You're a lucky guy - you were there.
could you get near the stage?
i'm watching aol again

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 19, 2006 05:59

FanBrazil,

Todo ben?
Thanks. Your post made the scene alive.
It was fantastic like yesterday's goal of Ogasawara who is a Japanese footballer known as henchman of Zico.

[www.ziconarede.com.br]

Ciao,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-19 14:49 by Toru A.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: February 19, 2006 18:43

FanBrazil,

I hope you will make a report on this site. How lucky you were. I think a lot of people here would be interested to know how the show was felt by your compatriots.

Date: February 19, 2006 19:44

Looks like FanBrazil is still flat & out from partying - but I'm sure he'll be back with some great inside information to share. Won't ya ? winking smiley
loking forward to that

Date: February 19, 2006 19:59

Apparently FanBrazil is completely out !!! Too Much Stones !!!

Date: February 20, 2006 07:04

: )

Sorry for taking long to come back everyone, it will be a pleasure writing a little more about the show right now.

Just give me some time to write...hahahaha

peace

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 20, 2006 07:05

how much did you pay for your ticket?

Date: February 20, 2006 07:29

Well friends...

24 hours later, i can finally write a little more about this historical night!

Its hard to start, but i gues we can start by saying that the boys brought two 474 planes to bring in their stuff, it was the biggest stage of the tour, and the accurate number we got for the attendance is 1.25 milion.

It really is hard to explain what was like that many people together, singing and jumping to the stones!
Kids, families, young people, older people, rich, poor, black, white, everyone together, as one harmonical note.
Beeing looked over by a perfect moon and a beautiful and hot summer night in Riode janeiro. 1 week before carnaval, everyone pumped, the city full of domestic and international tourists.

Rio is by nature a city that shakes everyone. Beatiful urban city surrounded by what nature has of best. Beautiful and incredably happy and friendly people. The boys love the city, and they were extremelly pumped, feeling the energy of this special event!

The night began with a show from a brazilian band called titães! A nice rock & roll warm-up.

Soon after that, people we yelling chants for the stones, singing songs, untill the moment they came on... a few more drinks, a couple more kisses in my beautiful girl, and i was ready for this, that would be something i could dimmensionate in any way.

As the walked over the crowd by the passway they made from the hotel to the stage, i noticed the first signs of an earthquake that would later happen.

As the boys finally got on the stage, i was able to feel the first earthquake in history at copacabana beach. The place was incredably loud, the energy went through our bodies, and the floor was not still for its first time in history. The boys looked over to the crowd and absorbed that mass of energy that consumed copacaba.

I swear to you all that we could not see the end of the crowed. there was so many people there. the stage was at the middle point of this gigantic beach. and i can only tell you that the 1/2 in front of the stage (including the 2 avenues, sidewalks, sand layer, and the boats in the water) were completely full!

All we could see was a wave going up and down, arms celebrating and hands clapping...everytime we looked in any direction besides de stage.

To be continued...

Date: February 20, 2006 07:58

So the stones were there, playing for free for 1.2 million peopl!

The energy was absolutely amazing, Rio's heat and energy boosted even more this special event!

After we could finally hear something, and i swear, we could not hear well at all as they came on and began playing..The noise from was too loud!

Me and my girl got a nice spot on the sand, a little to the right of the stage, just after that 1st mass of people that were a little too much for me to take my girl into.
I really liked where we stayed!

the guys were very pumped, as the crowed was too. Yes, there were people who did not know the stoned very well, or were not big fans, but this is what is was all about. Everyone was welcome for this night!

The boys played for 2h as if they were just 30 year olds.

Oppening with jumping JF was the S..T! That rocked the house down, and "Its only rock and ROLL">"you got me rocking" (to the 1.2 million people)...COULD THEY HAVE PLACED SOMETHING MORE ADAQUATE?That entire first part was incradable! Tumbling dice and ONNYA...i mean...no comments

Than ladies and gentlemen, i have to mentio M.RAMBLER!!!! That was just ON! TIGHT! You could see some fans shaking their heads and yealling the words out loud!!!

This place is empty was "hillarious", mick laughed a couple times loooking at keith...

And after that, well, after that they did a PARTYSHOW for 1.2 million fans! MISS YOU rocked the place!!!!!!!!R. JUSTICE, that was amazing...

And sympaphy>start me up>brown sugar> YCAGWW>SAtisfaction....
Well, that was a party i can not explain to anyone! It was just THE MOMENT! It was just THE STONES IN RIO! ROCKING THE CITY! IT was MICK WITH HE LOUDEST VOICE and energy i ever saw!
And the boys up ther,watching 1.2 million people delirate to their music in this historical summer night, singing the words in a different language...

It really is hard to tell you what that show felt like at some points.

But im sure you can imagine!

And then friends, well history had been made, in a peaceful night!

Enjoy the rest of the tour guys, and congratulations to everyone who was at one of these shows! It is great to them today! playing like they are playing and having that much fun and energy to put out!!

Good night to all and a good week!

Date: February 20, 2006 08:11

Cannt forget to ask this...

Were you guys able to listen to lisa?

Was that sick or what? I was astonished by her singing.

Date: February 20, 2006 08:19

Very nice review, FanBrazil.
the Stones really rocked you - I can see it in between yer lines

thanx for sharing

Date: February 20, 2006 09:43

FanBrazil,

Thanks for this sympathetic report. Hope you have recovered by now. Yes, we were able to listen to Lisa, notably on Ray Charles tribute. Great Rio. It was THE place.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 20, 2006 10:00

Sounds like it was fantastic, FanBrazil. I did not think that they would close off Avenida Atlantica for the show. I noticed that there was a VIP pitch area front of the stage for local celebrities. As much as I dislike this concept, I think that it must make the band feel a little more secure on stage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home