Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick's wig
Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: February 18, 2006 12:04

Does anyone know whether it's Mick's real head of hair we see at the Hyde Park concert because i read somewhere he'd had his hair cropped for the filming of Ned Kelly and so resorted to wearing a wig.

Re: Mick's wig
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: February 18, 2006 12:07

Edward, you used to make such good posts! It's real my friend!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 18, 2006 12:14

He had a bad trip, hadnt ya, Ed? grinning smiley

Posted by: silverrain ()
Date: February 23, 2006 03:43

I'd say he used a skull cap for the Ned Kelly. There are certain things the camera eye doesn't pick up for you to see on the movie screen. Like the way makeup can blend a wig into skin. Personally, I wonder, after seeing "Video Rewind" or "12x5" movie whichever it's called (1989), if Jagger hasn't had some kind of a transplant. Hair has been my profession the last thirty years and I think Jagger has the best head of hair I've ever seen on a male. But in that video with the close ups straight on as he talked into the camera I thought his hairline was different in the very front, the growth patterns. It was very short. If one gets a transplant there is a period of time where the hair regrows. His mom said he'd be bald at thirty because his dad is totally bald. But we know that's not totally true because he could have inherited his moms genes. A friend I use to cut hair with worked backstage on the last three L.A. shows. He says no to the transplant, but they all use dye except for Charle. So what. He said a lemo picked Jagger up each day and took him to the beach,in this case, to Luguna Beach, where he puts on a rocky type boxer coat with a hood and runs fifteen miles. That plus the microbiotic diet he's been on for years allow him to do what he does on stage. My hats always been off to him since 1963. In by book he's the H.M.F.W.C. of Rock & Roll.

mike

Posted by: Spanish_Fool ()
Date: February 23, 2006 03:56

Hey silverrain, what can you tell us about Bowie? I´d also like to discover this man´s secret.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 23, 2006 05:17

Micks wig is nice, but it almost looks like it came from the same shop as Bill Wymans wig.

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 23, 2006 05:37

Keith uses dye?
Really?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 23, 2006 06:01

Spanish_Fool Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey silverrain, what can you tell us about Bowie?
> I´d also like to discover this man´s secret.

my guess is that he's had plastic surgery. he looks great. joe perry from aerosmith also looks great.

Posted by: Ediths Groove ()
Date: February 23, 2006 10:59

Hi Edward to get back to your question Mick & Marrianne Left for Oz directly AFTER the Hyde Park concert to film Ned Kelly.On their arrival Marianne was rushed to hostpital when she fell into a drug comma.

Posted by: Josh2131 ()
Date: February 23, 2006 11:31

Balndess has nothing to do with one's father. The gene is passed on from the mother.

Josh
np: glad tidings - van morrison

Date: February 24, 2006 14:43

Very good Josh. It's long been thought the baldness gene was passed from the mother. They say look at the mothers' father and that's how you'll look. But that changed sometime in the 80's. Now medical science has decided the gene can be passed from either parent.

Spanish_Fool, I'm not sure about Bowie but I'm checking. Should know something in a day. You'd think after all this time he'd look a little tattered, like Yesterday's Papers, but no, he looks twenty five. Stand him next to a surfboard and he looks twenty.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: February 24, 2006 15:41

I wonder about his hair sometimes myself. That fact that he dyes it is a no brainer. But I was jogging on my threadmill last night watching Video rewind(makes the time go by faster and makes you want to move more). But anyway I noticed his hair changed almost from shot to shot on him. So I wonder if he hasn't had SOMETHING done . I have never seen a 63 year old person have a crop like that . Not in real life.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: February 24, 2006 20:45

Bowie has had a lift and maybe plants but Mick has done something, a small lift and something to his hair. He's not bald but thinning.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 24, 2006 22:54

Well all I can say is that if Mick has had some work done to his hair shame on him for not sharing that info with Keith.

During close up shots at Rio and a few other venues it looks like Keith has poured a bottle of black dye on the back of his head. I used to think the do-rag was some sort of hair growth poltus but now know I think the do-rag serves the purpose of keeping the black dye from running during shows.

Date: February 26, 2006 14:01

About Bowie. I asked my friend who works back stage at many L.A. shows about Bowie's face. He said didn't think Bowie had any work done but I reminded him of how youthful Bowie's appearnce is now. He said the last time he talked to Bowie after a show at a place called the Rainbow Club or Rainbow Room he remarked to Bowie, "Nice show." And Bowie said, "Well, you know, no flash, no cash." My friend reminded me of what Bowie is capable of. He was one of first to use makeup. Remember Spiders? He's a makeup artist. He's an illusionist. Before he was a rocker he was a mime. He's very conscious and cautious of camera's. Nobody is going to catch him running out the front door after the mourning newspaper. He's very careful about who and where he's photographed. My friend says, "Who knows now. Bowie's married to a black high fashion model so no telling what he's up to with that crowd. Sorry I couldn't get a real answer on that subject. But something I know more about, our group. Three out of four use dye. But so what if it helps with the more youthful appearance more power to them. That's show business. Age hasn't affected them like most. They're timeless. They still wear the same pants size they wore in high school. Who their age can say that. Who wants to watch a 220 pound Jagger do the bumps and grinds on stage? Besides their obvious talents, they got it goin on. When I last saw them in L.A. March 03 I couldn't tell if Jagger used dye and that was my profession for years. His hair had a bit more of a red cast an affect of using color. Several months ago I saw them on the cover of Rolling Stone and their hair looked to black. I'll see them in the L.A. forum next week. I hope that's not the case. They got the money to have it done right. Except for Keith, the pirate, I can just hear him, "Here, just give me the bottle bitch, I'll dump it on myself." As for face work it's pretty ovbious they haven't had any. Mick had a problem some years back but stepped up to the plate and did the right think as anyone should in the last half of the twentieth century. He needed dental work. If you remember or have seen video clips from the early seventies both Mick and Keith had problems with their teeth. I think at one point Jagger had a diamond chip put in his front tooth. I remember a video clip with Jagger promoting one of his solo albums, not the last one, I think the one before. He's playing guitar I think I'm not sure, but he jumps out and his teeth are so strikingly white I had to put my shade on to watch the rest of the video. They're the greatest.

mike

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 26, 2006 14:14

little queenie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Spanish_Fool Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hey silverrain, what can you tell us about
> Bowie?
> > I´d also like to discover this man´s secret.
>
>
> my guess is that he's had plastic surgery. he
> looks great. joe perry from aerosmith also looks
> great.

You're right queenie, I've often thought those are just about the two best-preserved 50-something rockers. Just some amazing plastic surgery, especially considering all the drugs those guys did in the '70s (and probably '80s as well). And some fine rock and roll hair on both of them as well.

Now Steven Tyler, he looks ok at a distance, but up close ... ouch!

Posted by: bianca ()
Date: February 26, 2006 15:45

Bowie looks like a wierdo now that he has had work done.

It is impossible that Mick has a lid like that at 63. IMPOSSIBLE.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: February 26, 2006 17:01

are you kidding me?? he dyes it no question ....he has a head of hair ...lots of senior citiztns do!!!!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 26, 2006 19:36

Mick's wig
Posted by: Edward Twining (IP Logged)
Date: February 18, 2006 12:04

HEY ? Where "Maverick" when we need him ? Look here matey boy, we have a nice big juicy thread about wigs and all that kind of bollocks ! Why aren't you contributing your usual barrage of nonsense ? Aha, I know why ? It's because those naughty old Rolling Stones have gone and organized their very own tour schedule, without any strategic assistance from you !

Chin up old son. Look, here's a thread here about wigs. One of your favourite topics no less. Come on, all is forgiven. Get with the program, get writing, get posting. Then we can all ridicule ya !!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 26, 2006 20:55

you can have a full head of hair at micks age, ever here of ronald reagan
or dean martin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1471
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home