Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rio: Stewart vs. Stones?
Posted by: capsula ()
Date: February 16, 2006 11:17

Rod Stewart: 3.500.000 million people.
Stones?
If they don't get to so many people, what does that mean?

Re: Rio: Stewart vs. Stones?
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 16, 2006 12:55

It means rod stewart concert i belive was on new year's eve, so rio is visited by so many extra people anyway for this time of the year and thats why they are saying rod got a bigger crowd than normal.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 16, 2006 13:44

It means nothing. So the band at the biggest audience ever is the best? The band that sells the most records is the best?

It's what you like, you don't need to justify your favourite music with statistics (and that includes people slagging off other bands here, it's what you like/love that matters).

Posted by: terry1 ()
Date: February 16, 2006 14:14

this is not new years eve so end of argument...rod might of got about fifty people on amy other night

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: February 16, 2006 14:16

capsula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rod Stewart: 3.500.000 million people.
> Stones?
> If they don't get to so many people, what does
> that mean?

AAH that would mean Rod Stewart is better than the Stones oh noooo

PANIC!!

AWHAWHWAHAHAAAAA!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 16, 2006 14:27

Yep, time to go out and buy The American songbook.

However his solo albums with Woody and the Faces are worth having

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 16, 2006 15:02

It would be have been nice if the Stones could have claimed the record.Maybe if it was New years eve then attendance might of topped that.I think world wide the Stones are a mucher bigger draw than Mr Stewart.I would have certainly have liked to see the guy in his heyday with the Faces.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: February 16, 2006 15:02

I was suggesting nothing, only that I don't know the reasons. Many come into my mind: beatles, stewart, and other guys are easier to hear by most of the people. The stones are "harder". New years eve... maybe that have some sense, although it's hard to think that from those that go to rio on that date 2.500.000 are stewart fans... . Stewart songs are generally most known that those from the stones?, maybe. Stewart is "pretier"?... There are many reasons that may play a role in this fact.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 16, 2006 15:46

Indeed it would be hard to imagine 2.5 million would be rod fans, obviously most of them would be casuals and if i was in the vaccinity i dare say i would have paid a visit and needless to say i am not a big stewart fan by any imagination

Posted by: ShatterednVA ()
Date: February 16, 2006 16:11

Rod is HUGE in South America - does that make him better or bigger than the Stones? Maybe in Rio......................

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: February 16, 2006 16:17

stargroover wrote : "It would be have been nice if the Stones could have claimed the record"

The Stones hold an insuperable record as live act: since 1989 they have attract more than 23 million people in their concerts, worldwide. Nonone comes close.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home