Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

7007 tickets left for Nice on 8th August
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 14, 2006 16:15

It's all very odd in my humble opinion ! I just looked out of morbid interest on ticknet.fr for the Nice show on 8th August; JUST to see those whether any of those hitherto highly elusive PRICE CAT 1 tickets have made an appearance for sale - and happened to notice that according to the website there are currently 7007 price category 6 (64 euros) tickets for sale. This is MANY MORE than there have been for several good weeks now, the number has been in 5000's plus/minus a few for most of late December and virtually all of January ?

AAAAaaaaggghhhh - tickets tickets tickets and availability availability availability ............ I'm buggered if I understand how it all works and what goes on and and and and ........... it's enough to make a grown man cry !!!

Yours sincerely

Mentally Exhausted in London

Re: 7007 tickets left for Nice on 8th August
Posted by: liquorgud ()
Date: February 14, 2006 16:23

I have been to nine US shows so far and have paid under $80.00 on average per show purchasing nite of show outside venues, I am coming to some Europe shows and will travel with confidince and a seating chart. This tour has been a piece of cake to get in to

Date: February 14, 2006 16:46

liquorgud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been to nine US shows so far and have paid
> under $80.00 on average per show purchasing nite
> of show outside venues, I am coming to some Europe
> shows and will travel with confidince and a
> seating chart. This tour has been a piece of cake
> to get in to

And very good luck to you, and to be honest - I think you'll have equal if not even GREATER success at getting into shows over here for relatively little money. NOT quite as little as $80 I must say, but that's because in general Europe is a little more expensive than the States, although having said that, the higer priced tickets in the States at $450 or so have NOT been mirrored over here - AS YET !!!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 14, 2006 16:46

Only cat 6. = standing?

Date: February 14, 2006 17:12

Harm Wrote:
> Only cat 6. = standing?

Yes. I was chasing cat 1 seated at the presales (there weren't any), then in the early days of the public sale (there also weren't any), and then one fine day about 3-4 weeks into the public sale when all the excitement had calmed down - there SUDDENLY appeared 4 price cat 2 tickets which I grabbed pretty damm quick. But as I said, in the process of periodically looking at the website, I couldn't help but notice that the numbers of these price cat 6 tickets started varying like mad; one day there were 8000, then a few weeks later there were say 6500, then 6000, 5800 and so on; a general movement DOWNWARDS as they were supposedly selling, and now the available number has leapt UPWARDS by about 2000 from when I last looked ????

Weird, or is this normal ? I don't know ?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 14, 2006 17:20

Because I could fly fairly cheap to Nice. But on the other hand that's the only cheap thing about the trip probably.

Posted by: jeni ()
Date: February 20, 2006 12:57

Can't tell from the conversation allbeit interesting - any tics for sale for Nice still? Thanks

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 20, 2006 13:07

Harm Wrote:
> Because I could fly fairly cheap to Nice. But on
> the other hand that's the only cheap thing about
> the trip probably.

Not really. Nice isnt as expensive as you might think. I'll be going there for the show too. Should be a pleasant few days

Posted by: jeni ()
Date: February 20, 2006 13:24

Glad to hear Nice isn't too pricey - any suggestions for cheap hotels in the area-we'll have a car so doesn't have to be in Nice

Date: February 20, 2006 14:11

These hotels are available....

Hotel Comfort 85.00 Euros incl breakfast
Hotel Meyerbeer 80.00 Euros room only
Hotel Miron 65.00 Euros room only

All are in Nice itself and is the cost of a twin/double room for two people. This is an indication and there are probably even cheaper options lurking on the net........

See you at the gig!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: February 20, 2006 17:02

Agree Paulywaul, Ticketnet is playing with our nerves. My guess is that the Stones have decided to pack Nikaia more than expected : 50,000 instead of 45,000 as for U2. Now, I don't worry as tourists ( foreigners or french) will flow by thousands down the Riviera in August.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2103
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home