Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sway in Atlanta - best version so far?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 9, 2006 16:39

Was pleased to see they gave Sway another try and I wonder what the version was like this time. MSG sounded much better to me than their first try, so what about Atlanta? Did Ronnie do a good job on the solo? Any chance for a donload???

Re: Sway in Atlanta - best version so far?
Posted by: skillzpetey ()
Date: February 9, 2006 17:46

Id like to hear this version as well, if anyone knows where to get it thatd be appreciated.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 9, 2006 18:08

I heard that drake went to the show.
Hopefully he managed as good a recording as Memphis last year !

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 9, 2006 18:25

Holy shit Batman, the concert was only 12 hours ago, and people are already requesting a download ??

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 9, 2006 18:31

we'll have to be patient for Drake

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: February 9, 2006 19:30

Yes, Drake recorded the show and it will be shared when it is ready. There was a partial DVD shot as well, not sure if it has Sway it it. Sounded great, bet yet! The entire show was on fire. Ronnie sounded like 1975.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 9, 2006 19:36

Ronnie played guitar like he did in '75? Okay - I wasn't there. Let's get that out of the way. But comments like that are just not credible. The man has been on a slow downward spiral for 30 years and suddenly he - for one night, no less - is able to recapture his chops from 3 decades ago....yeah, sure...happens all the time.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 9, 2006 20:23

drake was indeed there, along with onnonotyouagain (great time at Jock and Jill's, guys). "Sway" was excellent. drake's recording should be too. Let him at least get home before you start hollering for a boot.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 9, 2006 20:44

There were mp3s and video downloads available for the SuperBowl performance half an hour after the fact! Ah, technology!

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: February 9, 2006 21:45

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 01:36 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 10, 2006 02:56

I'd say Sway was the best of the three versions. They still don't have it totally together but it's getting there. It was definitely one of the highlights of the evening, along with Worried About You and Rambler.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: February 10, 2006 03:00

Greetings! I'm very worn out but in excellent spirits. Atlanta was definately one of my all time favorite shows. Fantastic setlist, amazing performance (Ronnie was on fire) and the crowd in our section was really into the whole show. The recording came out pretty decent from what I can tell. I'll see if I can put up a sample soon.

Very cool to chill with everyone at Jack n Jills. Too bad practically no one was there after the show. Apparently Atlanta closes at midnight and there is absolutely nowhere to go and nothing to do after that. Downtown blows. Everything else rocked. Elmo Lewis, you rock.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 10, 2006 03:29

drake and ohno, really enjoyed meeting you. Even cooler in person than on the board. Please don't try to copy my dance moves at home! I'm a trained professional (many nights in Georgia honky tonks!). Looking forward to the boot (not rushing you or anything.)winking smiley

Really interested in the Kentucky Derby thing. I'll be in touch. Thanks again for a great time.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 10, 2006 03:33

It was great meeting you as well, Elmo. Keep on dancin'!

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: February 10, 2006 05:21

Great show in Atlanta last night.

When Mick was introducing Sway he said something like "We're going to get it right this time"

So much fun. I can't wait for Ft. Lauderdale!

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: February 10, 2006 05:30

Thanks Drake! It was a great show! Glad you were there! You seemed real pleased with what you got when I briefly talked to you after the show at J&J! It was pretty dead there after the show wasn't it? Again Drake, thanks for what you do for everyone!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 10, 2006 07:27

frankly, it is GOOD to see the Stones continue to work on Sway. I hope they don't give up on it. It's a sign that they are willing to work at some of their material still....

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 10, 2006 08:00

Amen to that and excellent song.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home