Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Slave
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: February 8, 2006 17:49

Great blue's number a matter of fact the whole album is great , black limo, worried about you , little t& A........Tops baby tops

Re: Slave
Date: February 8, 2006 18:47

One of the great Stones grooves! I love the lazy fat groove that brings you into the song. the way the electric piano (Mac?) quiets the song before the sax part by Sonny Rollins, thats some great stuff.
having Rollins contribute to Stones music is fun, must have been cool for Charlie! and Wayne Shorter, on B2B. they tried to get Miles Davis to guest on a song once, didn't they? thats a whole other subject in itself, the intersect of jazz musicians with Stones.
DR

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: February 8, 2006 18:50

I love that song as well and have hoped for it since 89.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 8, 2006 18:52

I love every second of it.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: February 8, 2006 19:33

One of the alltime great Stones grooves.

So tantalizing to see the rehearsal footage in "Four Flicks."

In 2002, I had heard that they were rehearsing "Slave." As grateful as I was to hear "Dance" at the Boston Orpheum, I had an idea then and there that "Slave" had been shelved.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 8, 2006 19:35

better left in the studio - don't think KR could replicate that 'fat' sound on his strat anymore....

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: February 8, 2006 19:42

The 2002 rehearsals sound wicked!

Date: February 8, 2006 19:44

what I heard at the rehearsals on Four Flicks was the STUDIO version being played.....

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: February 8, 2006 20:05

fantastic, fantastic song. On an absolutely fantastic album, too . . .

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 8, 2006 22:28

Great song and I agree with you, T&A - the guitar sound makes the song and there's no way they get that live nowadays.

Anybody know what he's playing on that? It can't be a Fender . . .

Posted by: neilly43 ()
Date: February 8, 2006 23:35

Question for anybody about Slave. when I got the digitially remastered Virgin rereleased of Tattoo You its got an extended version with a guitar solo (I think by Pete Townshend as he played on the track allegedly) and it doubles up the length of the track its just superb, but has anyone else noticed this, how come it wasn't on the original...

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 8, 2006 23:57

Same thing with Wanna Hold You on Undercover and Sex Drive on the Flashpoint reissue. The more the merrier!

Did Pete play that monster riff or did he just sing back-up? Also, who's doing the soloing? Ronnie? Perkins? Keith? Pete?

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: February 9, 2006 00:26

I thought the long version didn't make it on the LP because all songs couldn't fit on the album. So they shortened slave a bit.

I think they could bring it live very well, just like they finally did CYHMK and WAY.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 9, 2006 00:32

I like the studio version a lot but i just don't see this song working live. I would love to hear a "live" version from rehearsals or something but i think it's to slow and doesn't really go anywhere to be performed in a concert.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: February 9, 2006 01:16

neilly43 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Question for anybody about Slave. when I got the
> digitially remastered Virgin rereleased of Tattoo
> You its got an extended version with a guitar solo
> (I think by Pete Townshend as he played on the
> track allegedly)

Pete provided b/u vocal support is my understanding. The guitar solo is pure Keith.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home