Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones make Yahoo headlines 2nd day in row - this time complaining about censorship
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 8, 2006 02:35

Re: Stones make Yahoo headlines 2nd day in row - this time complaining about censorship
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 8, 2006 02:48

And again they are top of gossip - thats the game

Re: Stones make Yahoo headlines 2nd day in row - this time complaining about censorship
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 8, 2006 03:11

Mick is right. This censorship is ridiculous. I'm glad he made it pointed out through officials channels.

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: February 8, 2006 03:20

Pointless posturing.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: February 8, 2006 03:23

Anyone notice on Ed Sullivan that Mick makes a point to look into the camera & say "I'm High"...classic! Make him change the lyrics...but not notice when he tells the US he's stoned...love it!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 8, 2006 09:48

Promotion worthy of Andrew Loog Oldham!!! As we all know, the Band knew about the censorship, and in fact people reported that Mick did not sing "come" and "cocks" during the rehearsals. But, they issue a statement, and suddenly, they are news. My wife, who is not a huge fan of football or the Stones (yeah, I know, why would I marry her . . .) called me to tell me that she saw a report that the Stones had been censored. Great.

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: February 8, 2006 10:09

It might be "part of the game." Or let's say, of course it's a kind of extra publicity they wouldn't have without this censorship.
But you don't seriously think they were happy about this censorship, do you?
The Stones would be far more happy if they, I mean Mick, could sing the songs as they were written. Would be far more cool.

martingo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pointless posturing.

grinning smiley You think so?
Sorry, but if the Rolling Stones say they think censorship is ridiculous, they sort of mean it reallygrinning smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 8, 2006 10:49

off on a tangent: the yahoo article has "girlie action", which has bugged me every time i've seen it from 1965 on.
am i the only one who hears it as (very clearly!) "girl reaction"?

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: February 8, 2006 11:07

USA - Land of the Free, Freedom of speech.....yeah, right....

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: February 8, 2006 11:48

The thing went on like this. I suppose:

1. Superbowl people tell Mick to cut the 2 words.
2. Micks turns to Keith: hey, let's say okey, then, on the other day we give a statement aboud ridiculous censorship, we'll be in the headlines. Keith laughs, and so they do.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 8, 2006 11:50

I absolutely think that they were happy with the censorship; what they wanted was to get back on the front page and they achieved it largely by being censored.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: February 8, 2006 11:52

Exactly. Agreeing with the gig and the censorship, but complaining about it afterwards is just a way of ensuring another day of attention. Hypocritical, but smart.

Wopnder what the sales of Stones records and concerts are doing...

Posted by: ShatterednVA ()
Date: February 8, 2006 15:45

I think they call that marketing/promotion in the real world...........

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 8, 2006 16:15

Yep and real good one, ShatterednVA!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 8, 2006 16:57

with sssoul Wrote:
> off on a tangent: the yahoo article has "girlie
> action", which has bugged me every time i've seen
> it from 1965 on.
> am i the only one who hears it as (very clearly!)
> "girl reaction"?

I've alwaysss heard, "girl reaction."

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 8, 2006 17:25

martingo Wrote:
> Pointless posturing.

agree. they obviously agreed to the deal before appearing - so why gripe now?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2231
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home