Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Audio feed problems at the Half.
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: February 7, 2006 04:32

I got a ton of SHIT from people all day telling me how awful the Stones sounded. I tried to explain TV does not give any Live Music Justice. But they kept beating Me down.

Then I read an Article in The USA today about how ABC had Audio problems all night when they switched from one Location to Another the different reporters could not hear or Understand each other. No Mention of the STones . Then I read page three of the Boston Herald it mentioned the Same audio feed problem and reported that it was a big problem while the Stones were playing. A did a little research it seems with this type of problem the more sophisticated your system is, the worse they probably sounded. SO I traced my steps back to all these people and read them the articles.

I hope this helps if you got beat up too.

Re: Audio feed problems at the Half.
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 7, 2006 04:44

That's they way to answer to the jerks.With proofs.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: February 7, 2006 10:45

I'm just amazed that the guy incharge of the band's mixing didnt do a better job. Ronnie was practically off for the first half of Start Me Up. Audience way too loud on most songs. It gets compressed at the sourced, compressed when recieved, etc... etc... Its the year 2006 and I could have done a better mix with 8 channels, instead of their 12093821038 channel boards.

Shouldnt the techs know to have Keith up at the beginning of songs.
Shouldnt the drums have been louder.
Shouldnt the vocals have been lower.

I'm done. smiling smiley

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 7, 2006 10:57

It´s only rock'n'roll...
They should have gone to the same hockey game as I did last Thursday;
talk about crappy sound to a painful level-and they play rock music all the time:
poor elder people; by the way: poor all of us!

There aint much people that are know-how:ers on sound when reachin its Receiver/its audience.

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: February 7, 2006 10:59

I agree with Drake. The sound was such a disappointment. What I don't understand [how about a technical explanation Drake] is why so many others [in Europe for example] said the guitar mix was lound and good. How could that be?

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: February 7, 2006 12:40

I watched the video today and I must admit it really sounds awful. Especially the drums. Not to speak of the bad mix of the instruments. Best was all those payed people waving their hands in the middle of the awsome stage! Remembers me of "Being Mick" where all these plastic chicks were dancing in front of the stage (...am I only another (peep) )

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 7, 2006 15:01

Check this video link. It is so odd, but different stations received different audio mixes? How can that be -- Lisa is so loud on this mix you could not have missed her.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 7, 2006 15:02

that didn't work. Check out the "superbowl video here . . . . . ." thread.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 7, 2006 15:18

That's what I don't get - the audio feed from ORF in Austria was horrible, constantly getting louder and then died away again. Ronnie was very loud in the mix and so were the back-up singers. Then I listened to the mp3s posted on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum - completely different mix. And the various links to the videos, each of them sounds different - the whole mix seems to be different!?

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home