Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
macca superbowl vs stones superbowl
Posted by: shearer9 ()
Date: February 6, 2006 08:39

I am sorry, but i have to admit that the stones only put on an average show.

start me up was weak, charlie managed to screw up the tempo, charlie and keith were horrible.....mick was good.

Rough Justice was surprisingly good, but 80 percent of the people at the stadium didn't know the song, and were bored. the song was dragging too long.

Satisfaction was weak.

The only good thing was mick, mick showmanship really shined, very charismatic, but the music really was a let down.

Compared to the Macca performance of last year, macca just blew the stones away.

Live and let die was just awesome to watch, with all the firewords and stuff.

the stones had no fireworks to fire up the crowd.

hey jude was a great sing a long

drive my car and get back were the crowd favorites, macca and his band played better, and they sounded great.

mick vocals was great, but the band, charlie and company were way off.

I have to give macca this one for sure

Re: macca superbowl vs stones superbowl
Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 6, 2006 08:52

Macca didn't play it live - the Stones did.

Personally, I wouldn't judge a performance on fireworks, but that's just me.

The band didn't sound way off to me tonight - quite the opposite, really. I thought they all shone individually yet gelled together as only the Stones can.

Macca's set last year was enjoyable, solid, and extremely polished.

The Stones were raw, exciting, and far more rock n' roll.

Date: February 6, 2006 08:57

the problem with the stones this time around is that perhaps it takes more than 12 minutes to warm the band up.

macca played his set as if he was already warmed up. that's a sign of greatness.

paul's set was played live, the stones ...i m not too sure.

mick was great, but the band was a disaster. just look at the end, mick was trying to get everybody to take a bow together, but keith and company seemed that they wanted to get the hell out of the stage quickly. it really look bad.

also, mick outfit looked gay.........even though he performed and sang well, really the band was a let down. keith was a mess, ron was ok....charlie so so.

it seems like that the stones can't really play underpressure. this is a little bit better than the music award from a few months ago.

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: February 6, 2006 09:02

F OFF you troll

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: February 6, 2006 09:06

So shearer9 is Ferrante9's new alias. Just take a look a his date of registration.
You forgot the stuff about Macca being the King Of Kings. Oh no, not this loony again.

Date: February 6, 2006 09:07

troll what.

i m just speakind my mind

the stones did an Ok job, macca blew u2 and the stones combined.

maybe, if the stones played an 1 hour set, it would have been different.

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: February 6, 2006 09:17

whatever. The Stones played totally live and Macca did not. The sound had to be adjusted accordingly because the show was totally live and the time was limited.THERE WAS NO BACKING TRACK(S). They are a true rock and roll band. Macca has nothing on the Stones and when it comes to just plain out playing rockin blues Macca has no clue. The Stones were great. Raw, raunchy, bluesy, no holds barred. Macca's music is just so wimpy. OOhh everyone sang along, BIG DEAL ! All you need is love ? NO, ALL YOU NEED IS GOOD OL STONES ROCK AND ROLL !

Date: February 6, 2006 09:27

too bad that the 3 songs that the stones played , were nothing compared to Live and Let die. Live and let die alone was a highlight of the set, plus if you include hey jude, drive my care, and california grass... lord have mercy.

the stones were good, don't get me wrong, but the band was a disaster, and macca was simply better. just the firewords in live and let die was enough to get the crowd on their feet.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 6, 2006 09:48

shearer9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> also, mick outfit looked gay.........

i think this argument defines what you are

about the performance: i've heard rj and satisfaction and i thought they did well, not awesome, occasionally kicking some real ass

ops, is it allowed to mention "ass" to you, homophobic, or you get nervous about it

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: February 6, 2006 09:48

Re: THE STONES HAVE TO PLAY NE OCON AT THE SUPERBOWL
Posted by: ferrante9 (IP Logged)
Date: January 23, 2006 04:10

tTHER EYOU GO!!! Re: THE STONES HAVE TO PLAY NE OCON AT THE SUPERBOWL
Date: January 23, 2006 04:10Re: THE STONES HAVE TO PLAY NE OCON AT THE SUPERBOWL

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

WHAT A BETTT3ER WAY TO KICK OFF THE EUROPEAN LEG...... WITH A BIG BUZZ....OR ...BETTER...WITH A BIGGER BANG AT THE SUPERBOWL.

THIS IS ALSO A MARKETING STRATEGY. I GUARANTEE YOU TAHT IF THE STONES QUIT PLAYING PUSSIES AND PLAY NE OOCON AND SHOW THE BROAD RIDING THE TOUNGE, THAT THEY WILL CREATE A BUZZ NEVER SEEN BEFORE IN MUSIC SINCE PAUL MCCARTNEY AND WINGS TOOK AMERICA BY STORM.

IF THE STONES PLAY NEOCON , AND THE RELEASE THE SONG AS A SINGLE, IT LL BE A FOR SURE WORLWIDE SMASH HIT.....IN AMERICA, CHINA, EUROPE, AFRICA ETC.....EVERYBODY WILL BE TALKING ABOUT IT.........IN THE US AND ALL OVER THE WORLD.......

MEDIA ALL OVER THE WORLD HEADLIDING SOMETHING LIKE " THE STONES GAVE THE FINGER TO THE SUPERBOWL"........THE STONES WILL BEAT MACCA IN POPULARITY FOR SURE.

RIGHT NOW WE ARE A STEP BEHIND MACCA......BUT IF THE STONES DO THAT.....NOT ONLY WILL SURPASS MACCA, BUT WE LL CREATE SOMETHING THAT'S NEVER HAPPEN IN MUSIC BEFORE....

SO IT'S NOT ABOUT RELIGION OR BUSH......BUT IT'S ABOUT THE POWER OF MUSIC AND THE STONES BEING THE TRUE BAD BOYS......AND NOT THE TRUE PUSSIES TRYING TO BE BAD BOYS.

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

WHAT A BETTT3ER WAY TO KICK OFF THE EUROPEAN LEG...... WITH A BIG BUZZ....OR ...BETTER...WITH A BIGGER BANG AT THE SUPERBOWL.

THIS IS ALSO A MARKETING STRATEGY. I GUARANTEE YOU TAHT IF THE STONES QUIT PLAYING PUSSIES AND PLAY NE OOCON AND SHOW THE BROAD RIDING THE TOUNGE, THAT THEY WILL CREATE A BUZZ NEVER SEEN BEFORE IN MUSIC SINCE PAUL MCCARTNEY AND WINGS TOOK AMERICA BY STORM.

IF THE STONES PLAY NEOCON , AND THE RELEASE THE SONG AS A SINGLE, IT LL BE A FOR SURE WORLWIDE SMASH HIT.....IN AMERICA, CHINA, EUROPE, AFRICA ETC.....EVERYBODY WILL BE TALKING ABOUT IT.........IN THE US AND ALL OVER THE WORLD.......

MEDIA ALL OVER THE WORLD HEADLIDING SOMETHING LIKE " THE STONES GAVE THE FINGER TO THE SUPERBOWL"........THE STONES WILL BEAT MACCA IN POPULARITY FOR SURE.

RIGHT NOW WE ARE A STEP BEHIND MACCA......BUT IF THE STONES DO THAT.....NOT ONLY WILL SURPASS MACCA, BUT WE LL CREATE SOMETHING THAT'S NEVER HAPPEN IN MUSIC BEFORE....

SO IT'S NOT ABOUT RELIGION OR BUSH......BUT IT'S ABOUT THE POWER OF MUSIC AND THE STONES BEING THE TRUE BAD BOYS......AND NOT THE TRUE PUSSIES TRYING TO BE BAD BOYS.

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Report This Messa

WELL SAID.

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

RIGHT NOW WE ARE A STEP BEHIND MACCA......BUT IF THE STONES DO THAT.....NOT ONLY WILL SURPASS MACCA, BUT WE LL CREATE SOMETHING THAT'S NEVER HAPPEN IN MUSIC BEFORE.... Re: THE STONES HAVE TO PLAY NE OCON AT THE SUPERBOWL

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

RIGHT NOW WE ARE A STEP BEHIND MACCA......BUT IF THE STONES DO THAT.....NOT ONLY WILL SURPASS MACCA, BUT WE LL CREATE SOMETHING THAT'S NEVER HAPPEN IN MUSIC BEFORE.... Re: THE STONES HAVE TO PLAY NE OCON AT THE SUPERBOWL

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

WELL SAID.

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Report This MessageRe: THE STONES HAVE TO PLAY NE OCON AT THE SUPERBOWL

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Report This MessaRe: THE STONES HAVE TO PLAY NE OCON AT THE SUPERBOWL

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Report This MessaRe: THE STONES HAVE TO PLAY NE OCON AT THE SUPERBOWL

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

tTHER EYOU GO!!!

WELL SAID.

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: February 6, 2006 09:51

Who cares? The Stones came out and played with youthful abandon and punk attitude. An ability everyone is amazed by. You see the Beatles are old and always will be. Paul may have come out last year and played a "polished" set of goodie two shoes tunes, but how many under 25 year olds actually now think Macca is hip and cool because of it? No many. He is still just another voice on the classic gold radio. Mushy crap. The Stones however cross over to todays crowd better than any other 60's artist. You are just jealous. Go back to your morphined 60's ballads and I will watch a band still kicking arse today.

Date: February 7, 2006 05:17

i don t think so.

a lot of people that i talked agree with me.

Mick was a great. But the Band was just mediocre tonight.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 7, 2006 06:09

so according to ferrante jr. here, if there were fireworks it would have been a great show?? That's the f-ing stupidest thing I ever heard.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 7, 2006 06:12

J.J.Flash Wrote:
> so according to ferrante jr. here, if there were
> fireworks it would have been a great show?? That's
> the f-ing stupidest thing I ever heard.

You go, JJ, well said.

PS I thought I did see fireworks?

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: February 7, 2006 06:40

<<paul's set was played live, the stones ...i m not too sure.>>

What have you been smoking? The Stones are the first band to play the half-time show entirely live, which was mentioned in the papers a few days back. Parts of McCartney's show utilized a tape.

And as rough as that McCartney's voice is and his general lack of charisma, a tape and some fireworks were a great idea! Did you hear him on the New York 9/11 benefit concert?!? Even my close friend who is a rapid Beatles fan said his NYC performance and most of his recent concert appearances make the hair stand up on the back of his neck. Tell that porker to retire!!

"You look like a leper dressed as Sergeant Pepper"

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: February 7, 2006 08:55

stones ruled, macca blew goats lol

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: February 7, 2006 09:42

I actually thought Macca was really good, but, I didn't know at the time that parts of his show were taped, and they were. Beyond that it's just a matter of personal taste and a perception of reality to some degree. Most Beatles fanatics think Macca IS The Beatles, Macca himself thinks so too.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Date: February 7, 2006 10:14

macca is the beatles, but wings are better than the beatles and the stones...that's the trouble.

Now........the stones performance at the superbowl was good, but not as good as macca.

macca set was solid, fun, entertaining , raw, and rock and roll, and sing along.

the stones were just straight rock and roll, which is fine. but i rather have a good mix,

ex: rock and roll, drive my car and california grass
Hard rock : live and let die

Sing along ballad: hey jude

that's great.

the stones on the other hand:

rock and roll : start me up
rough

and satisfaction

not too much variety there......too much of anything is not always good.
Mick was superb yesterday, but the band was a let down. plus the humiliating fianl bow...was weak......mick chasing the other band members to take a bow...what is that?

Now, at the Concert for new york macca sang the best song of all time " lonely road" , he nailed that song.

i 'm down......he nailed that one too

and freedom...the best anthem song ever written.

the stones were ok last night, but macca blew them off.......

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: February 7, 2006 10:19

Here we are again with very silly comparisons.
While Macca may be wonderful for a family assignement Jagger shows his hips and shakes to Rock and Roll. Keith is doing great.
I had now the chance to see it from the French TV I assume and I think all was awesome. There is just no comparison to a clean boy called Paul to a still dirty band. The set reminded me a lot to Julliard which was also raw and dramatic.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 7, 2006 10:56

Amazing that all the Mcartney fans seems to be simple minded and really sick-....Frightning...or ferrante9 appeared with a new nick?

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: February 7, 2006 11:12

I liked them both just fine. They play different types of music, both of which I like.

The simple fact is that from 1963 to 1967 the Beatles were the greatest band to ever have existed, and the Stones could not compete with them. In 1968 - 1969 [Beggar's Banquet and Let it Bleed] the Stones caught up. From then on the Stones have ruled, and probably would have passed the Beatles as the greatest even had the Beatles stayed together another ten years.

Nevertheless, the Beatles were revolutionary and the Stones were/are just a band who happen to be the greatest rock and roll band in the world at this time. The Stones impact on the music world and society in general is like a little blip and the Beatles' was like a tidal wave.

This is the way I see the whole issue of comparing Beatles and Stones.

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Date: February 7, 2006 18:07

wings are the best rock and roll band of all time, not the stones. get it right.

i just think that macca superbowl was superb with firewords and they way he played the songs.

the stones were good, mick was excellent, but the band was a disaster.

simple as that

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 7, 2006 18:16

shearer9 Wrote:
> wings are the best rock and roll band of all time,
> not the stones. get it right.
>
>
>
> i just think that macca superbowl was superb with
> firewords and they way he played the songs.
>
>
> the stones were good, mick was excellent, but the
> band was a disaster.
>
> simple as that

Get lost pee wee. You don't understand anything about rock 'n roll. OK, granted: Macca was very good. I really liked it. But The Stones........Oh wheeeeeew......The Stones man. I have seen the Superbowl every year since the Dallas Cowboys won sometime in the late nineties (Can't remember who they faced). If I had to pick the best Superbowl performance of all the ones I've seen, and if I wasn't prejudice against anyone or preoccupied by favouring one band over the other, The Rolling Stones would be the show I picked no doubt. They rule the rock 'n roll scene and they just proved it. GET OVER IT!!!!

This guy must be fucktard Ferrante by the way. Ferrante's name on this board was Ferrante9 and this dude's name is Shearer9. I would bet both my balls that we're stuck with this fuckstick once again. ***SIGH***

JumpingKentFlash

Date: February 7, 2006 18:27

ferrante jr wrote

>Hard rock : live and let die

??? how the f is this "hard rock"

moron.

Date: February 7, 2006 18:29

ferrante jr wrote:

> just think that macca superbowl was superb with firewords and they way he played the songs

what are firewords??

hot talk out of your ass????

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: February 7, 2006 18:32

Stones rocked the bowl !!

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: February 7, 2006 20:43

Lukester Wrote:
> J.J.Flash Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > so according to ferrante jr. here, if there
> were
> > fireworks it would have been a great show??
> That's
> > the f-ing stupidest thing I ever heard.
>
>
> You go, JJ, well said.
>
> PS I thought I did see fireworks?

yeah, i agree.

i thought i did too, at the end of satisfaction maybe?

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: February 7, 2006 20:46

shearer9 Wrote:
> wings are the best rock and roll band of all time,
> not the stones. get it right.
>
>
>
> i just think that macca superbowl was superb with
> firewords and they way he played the songs.
>
>
> the stones were good, mick was excellent, but the
> band was a disaster.
>
> simple as that

FERRANTE....i thought you had balls?.....how come you're hiding behing a fake name?

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: February 7, 2006 20:54

J.J.Flash Wrote:
> ferrante jr wrote
>
>
> >Hard rock : live and let die
>
>
>
> ??? how the f is this "hard rock"
>

But remember... Helter Skelter is "heavy metal"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 7, 2006 20:57

I think Ferrante wants us to think that a lots of people, thinks the same way as he does. Well, it didn't work, we blew your cover, Ferrante!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home