Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bootlegs that should be offcialy released.
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 6, 2006 02:15

Which are these bootlegs both on cd's and dvds that should be officially released in your opinion??

Re: Bootlegs that should be offcialy released.
Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: February 6, 2006 02:18

Stockholm Cirkus 2003. Or any other of the Licks club shows.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 6, 2006 02:23

If they should release something officially, they ought to release something that isn't available at all at bootlegs. El Mocambo 77, soundboard compilations from "the vault" etc. No point in giving out Brussels 1973 or L&G soundtrack.
Well, there is a point in that. It would spread great music to "the masses", but it wouldn't be that interesting for the fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-06 02:28 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: February 6, 2006 02:27

1968 Surrey rehearsals, great songs, briljant quality.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 6, 2006 02:28

just what the world needs - another series of Licks shows on DVD and CD.

Dont agree theres no point releasing Brussels Affair or L&G. Most Stones fans havent heard or seen those recordings. Of course they could release a version of the '73 recordings with some different tracks, but the KBFH recordings are fine as they are

And what better visual documentation are you going to get from 1972 than L&G?

Date: February 6, 2006 02:38

You are right. I thought about my post, after I had posted it, so I edited a bit. Of course, it would be great for people who aren't familiar with bootlegs.
(If a licks show was released, I wouldn't buy it. I'd rather give the money to charity, or to Bill Wyman)

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 6, 2006 02:51

Bootlegs should be given to the masses.Do you know what I want??
I want to release their DVDs like they did with SACD.Release all of them.Dvd's that can cover their whole history.I don't mean release more than one time B2B of course.I mean the others.And why in the worl they have stopped saling Voodoo Lounge?

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 6, 2006 03:54

I wonder if it would matter. If we don't really need it; I don't think others would really be interested. They are so easily found these days that anyone who is intersted can get one. I hear cuts from boots on the radio constantly now. Cable radio but, yeah.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: February 6, 2006 04:33

Easy, 100 Club Stu memorial gig.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: February 6, 2006 09:49

Leeds 1971 in brilliant quality because I absolutely love that bluesy rendition of Midnight rambler (it's the counterpart to that rocking 1973 performance)
Brussels 1973 or rather Europe 1973 with all the live tracks played, something like the Definitive Edition. I do not doubt that greatest live recording of all time would still sell

Posted by: Brad F ()
Date: February 6, 2006 12:19

It would be great to get some of these old shows released, but with their history of overdubbing live albums, I really suspect that they would probably not release any of their live materials without overdubbing them, and it would probably only take away from the whole experience.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 6, 2006 15:41

Confidential full dress rehearsal at M-Za Ariake, famous small club at that time, Tokyo, Japan in Feb, 1990.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 6, 2006 15:52

My dream would be lim. Ed. boxsets :

1. All Olympia appearances in complete an pristine sound :
65, 66, 67, 95, 03, and why not 06 with 95 on a bonus DVD

2. A Box with the complete Knebworth on CD and the TV footage remasterted on DVD
3. A box of the all the recorded Dutch clubs : Paradiso x2 and Utrecht + a DVD of video footage (Both paradisos and 3 songs were filmed in Utrecht)

What they could do for sure are boxes of each Licks Trilogy - complete shows each time, coming with a DVD of footage from each city.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: February 6, 2006 16:29

Munich zirkus Krone

Date: February 6, 2006 16:31

I think Four Flicks was enough. It's nowhere near as interesting with a new Licks release, than something from the 60s or 70s.

Date: February 6, 2006 16:51

I don't know how many shows they have recorded in their career.
I can't believe they have a place with all these billions of kilometers of tapes, reels, videotapes whatsover

The best thing would be to open a website (like metallica) and sell each show complete and in SBD quality in flac files for 10 dollars. Everyone could DL a souvenir of the shows he's seen.

In terms of ideas, a CD + DVD box of Atlantic City would also be really nice if well restored and bringing something better than the boots.

Another great thing would be a DVD and CDs of a complete No Security show.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: February 6, 2006 17:35

the king-bisquit radio broadcasts are essential listening.....absolutely release Brussels '73 and Handsome Girls '78......and finally, Ladies and Gents cd/dvd (already an official movie release).......these are prime Stones tunage and should be available for the rest of the world to hear and enjoy

Posted by: midrambler ()
Date: February 6, 2006 17:49

El Mocambo 77
Paradiso 95

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: February 6, 2006 17:56

I won't be satisfyed before there's an official release from every tour, hopefully with some DVD's thrown in as wellsmiling smiley

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: February 6, 2006 17:56

I bought in NYC las t month a DVD from a Giants Stadium show, in August '94, from the Voodo Lounge 1994 Tour: is it an official DVD release, or something else?

I have never seen it in Europe!

Thanks!

Date: February 6, 2006 18:23

The Giants Stadium show was sold on VHS on shows in 94/95. Just like the "Hurricane" CD, ALTHOUGH the money didn't go to charity. The DVD is a pirate-copy of the VHS.

Date: February 6, 2006 18:40

marquess Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bought in NYC las t month a DVD from a Giants
> Stadium show, in August '94, from the Voodo Lounge
> 1994 Tour: is it an official DVD release, or
> something else?
>
> I have never seen it in Europe!
>
> Thanks!

I think this was sold at concerts during the Voodoo Lounge Tour , at least in Europe in 1995. I bought mine at the Olympia, in Paris.

This video was circulating prior to the Miami PPV video, which was and still is sold in shops. The NYC show was a tour merchandising exclusive, and has never been officially reissued, neither on VHS, nor on DVD

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home