Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Motley Crud
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 2, 2006 00:30

andy js Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> i love yanks when they get a bee in their bonnet
>
> they just don't understand irony or a wind up
>
>

oh I understand irony. I also understand lumping a group of people together.

Posted by: gut ()
Date: February 2, 2006 00:57

========Crue is HUGE right now.
>
> Well, maybe in redneck usa, not in europe. sod off
> with these idiots. =========

Well, I'm from redneck USA and frankly I was surprised to find out Vince Neil and his fellow fruits were still around....not that they should be, mind you.

Most Americans could not give a rats-ass about this crappy band. I personally hate them, but that is not the majority....I'm just as part of the large majority who didn't even know they still exist, much less seem relevant to music in general.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 2, 2006 01:36

I don't like the music but their autobiography, "The Dirt", is a great read.

Posted by: stoneskid169 ()
Date: February 2, 2006 01:47

The stones want to have a younger audience at the shows(which to me is still impossible with their expensive tickets) and they "think" adding a band like Crue or Maroon 5 will do it. will it. hell no, but thats how it goes. Crue may not be loved by alot of older stones fan, but in alot of the high school crowd is re discovering them and they are a fan favorite among the kids right now.

Date: February 2, 2006 03:07

Well, they are probably in with teens who are into Goth and all that Kiss-makeup crap. Tattoos and lipstick and wrinkles are all what Motely Crue is about. It will probably last as about as long as Tommy Lee manages to screw things up with Pam. In the end, their music just ain't got it.

Besides all my Crue-hatred, I think they do manage to have a couple of good tunes, believe it or not. "Shout at the Devil" has a good power chord structure, .

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: February 2, 2006 04:21

For me the perfect concert would be
1. Supersuckers
2. Nashville Pussy
3. Turbonegro
4. AC/DC
5. Plant/Plant
6. The Who
7. Stones
8. Stones w/ McCartney on an encore of Get Back, Helter Skelter, Satisfaction, and Gomper lol!!! All for 9,875$ front row!!!

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: February 3, 2006 07:29

gut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ========Crue is HUGE right now.
> >
> > Well, maybe in redneck usa, not in europe.
> sod off
> > with these idiots. =========
>
>
> Well, I'm from redneck USA and frankly I was
> surprised to find out Vince Neil and his fellow
> fruits were still around....not that they should
> be, mind you.
>
> Most Americans could not give a rats-ass about
> this crappy band. I personally hate them, but that
> is not the majority....I'm just as part of the
> large majority who didn't even know they still
> exist, much less seem relevant to music in
> general.
>
> #......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't
> mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

I think it's okay to hate the Crue, as long as you're willing to give them a "3-song listen"... I mean if you're going to EXECUTE someone, the least you can do is say... "okay, I'll listen to 3 of your songs" before I flip the switch on your electric chair...

I'm very confident that 90% of hard-core Rolling Stones fans who will give the first 3 Crue songs a listen live in concert will tell themselves 'this ain't half bad' and will listen to the other 5 or 6 songs at which point they'll be screaming for more...

The crue is very reminiscent to me of what the early Stones gigs used to be like...

And, if you don't agree... head to the pee-room, nobody will miss you.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-03 07:39 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: CLARKEY ()
Date: February 3, 2006 15:20

...definitely the worst 'name' band I've seen in my life.

Crap songs, hair and outfits. The revolving drum-kit gimmick was too daft even for Spinal Tap.

Saw 'em at Hammersmith in '86, only because the mighty Cheap Trick were supporting. I actually attempted to score a refund at the box-office on my way out after four numbers, but sadly to no avail.

Posted by: scenearts ()
Date: February 3, 2006 15:57

Clarkey wrote

'saw'em at Hammersmith in '86, only because the mighty Cheap Trick were supporting. I actually attempted to score a refund at the box-office on my way out after four numbers, but sadly to no avail'

Right on the money Clarkey - I posted a similar rant in another crue thread last week- I too was at that show, Crue were shite, and I came out early as I only was there for Cheap Trick. The thing is, I had heard quite a bit of Motley Crue before the show and didnt think they were too bad at all - but LIVE they were as bad as it could possibly get. I said in the other thread Cheap Trick would be a far better band to open for the Stones than someone like Crue - there's a hell of a lot of negative comment for them on these boards.

I really cannot see the point of anyone opening for the Stones ...licks at Wembley they had the Darkness open who at the time had the Number 1 album in the country - nobody was even bothered. If the Crue open at Cardiff I be taking a long p*ss break.

Date: February 3, 2006 19:22

=====And, if you don't agree... head to the pee-room, nobody will miss you.====

(Sniff).....Ok, now you've hurt my feelings...sob (drowining in my own sarcasm)

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 3, 2006 19:27

Actually I have boots of Cheap Trick in 86 opening for Motley Crue and I could definitely believe they were the better of the 2 bands those nights. Would love to see them open for the Stones but don't think it will ever happen.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: February 4, 2006 22:24

This will just attract too many WAY-should-NOT-be-wearing-THAT former biker hotties trying to recapture their 80's glory by squeeeezing into those old leather pants and denim cut offs they had no business wearing 35 pounds and three kids ago. And making us look at it all night. Not to mention all the "I thought the reason I was here was to keep buying beer and annoy the piss out of everyone with my off-key singing and incessant loud babbling through the whole show to show how COOOOLLL I am" boyfriends and once-tough-guy-now-a-fat-lard-ass husbands (emulating their heroes onstage of course).

The only salvation we can PRAY for is that no one in the Stones organization suffers a concussion and ends up allowing these burned out buffoons to step on any part of the stage while the Stones are performing. A Stones/Crue duet on ANYTHING would be the biggest embarrassment in this band's history.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 4, 2006 22:59

can you imagine charlie in a revolving drum kit and a thong, LOL

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: February 4, 2006 23:03

Actually Motley crue is quit an improvement compared to most of the opening acts they have had latley.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 4, 2006 23:05

true for this leg but not the first

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 4, 2006 23:54

I'd love to see Motley Crue jam with the Stones.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1657
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home