Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Back to Zero: worst song ever?
Date: February 1, 2006 06:45

ChelseaDrugstore wrote : Back To Zero has nothing to do with the power of "Dirty Work" album.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't mean that it did.I just maintain that there are some Stones songs worse than that.When I mentioned Dirty Work,I was talking about the track that someone cited as being among the worst songs,which I disagree with.

Posted by: Larso ()
Date: February 1, 2006 21:47

Yes infamy and back to zero gotta be the worst..

Date: February 1, 2006 22:44

I'd throw counterpart Winning Ugly right up there too. It might be worse.

Date: February 2, 2006 00:53

To me,it is crazy to say that Sing This All Together(See What Happens) is better than anything at all.Winning Ugly & Infamy are not bad tracks.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 2, 2006 06:23

"Winning Ugly" is a good song. Weak rhythm section production, but the lyrics, vocal, and lead guitar by keith are very good. "Back to Zero" is terrible, but a scream. I love it.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: February 2, 2006 11:24

i love the album Dirty Work! i admit that back to zero maybe is the weakest song on it, but still much better than songs like Indian Girl or Blinded by love and many of the songs of methamorphosis!

Date: February 2, 2006 12:36

Hold Onto Your Hat, Winning Ugly and Infamy are great.
But Back to Zero.... no.
How do you guys value Sleep Tonight? Some people say it's Keith's worst song, but I really love it.

Re: Sleep Tonight
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 2, 2006 12:48

>> Sleep Tonight? <<

you must be hanging in some weird neighbourhoods - i sure never heard anyone call it a weak track.
the number of people who don't seem to notice the ultra-intimate menace of the lyric is a little weird, maybe,
but they're probably just entranced by the music (as well they might be).

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 2, 2006 12:48

Sleep Tonight/

I think it's a frigging masterpiece and along with "One Hit", the high point of the album by a mile

I dont know how ANY Stones fan and especially a Keith fan cant appreciate how beautiful that song is. Almost everyone I know loves it. I'm aware of it being regarded as one of his 'weaker' tracks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-02 12:49 by Gazza.

Date: February 2, 2006 12:54

He didn't ever sing it live, did he? I was so happy when he did all about you in 97, but i hardly hope to ever hear this one...

Date: February 2, 2006 13:00

there's a "Sleep Tonight Jam" from the 1986 Friday Night Videos session, but no, he hasn't done it in concert yet.

Date: February 2, 2006 13:01

Any idea where I can find that session?

Date: February 2, 2006 13:09

i first heard it on a bootleg called (for no apparent reason) I've Been Loving You Too Long; there's also a DVD with the raw footage from the Friday Night Videos shoot.

Posted by: scenearts ()
Date: February 2, 2006 13:24

Gazza wrote 'Sleep Tonight/

I think it's a frigging masterpiece and along with "One Hit", the high point of the album by a mile

I dont know how ANY Stones fan and especially a Keith fan cant appreciate how beautiful that song is. Almost everyone I know loves it. I'm aware of it being regarded as one of his 'weaker' tracks'

Your bang on here mate, One Hit is one of the great Stones Intro's of all time, maybe even second after Gimme Shelter. Sleep tonight is one of Kieths best.
Dirty Work is not a bad album - youve got to remember 80's production generally sucked, and the Stones were not the only ones who put out a LP in the 80's that had crap production.

However, I will stick to the topic which is Back to Zero - it is SHIT !! Worst ever song released by the Stones for me.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 2, 2006 13:57

Dont care much for the album (bad production, horrible mix, the worst vocals of Mick's career and the drum sound..sheesh) - but the opening and closing songs are majestic.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: February 2, 2006 16:47

i agree to the opinion of gazza etc., that one hit and sleep tonight are the outstanding tracks on DW! But for me Harlem Shuffle, Fight, Hold back, Too Rude and the title track are good too! i admit that´s micks vocals are not for everybody´s liking, and about the drums and the production in general. Anyhow, there remains the rawness of the whole album and the great guitars!

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 2, 2006 17:01

Don't forget "Had It With You." Not a masterpiece, but better than anything on VL.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 2, 2006 17:24

They have their share of bad songs, but one that comes to my mind is

"Have you seen your mother baby standing in the shadows"

Terribly mixed, too many highs, a total treble tune.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1425
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home