Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Flashpoint made me puke
Posted by: undermythumb ()
Date: January 31, 2006 04:14

On my long drive to Omaha I listened to Flashpoint for the first time in several years. I made it about six songs in and had to stop before I made myself too sick to carry on. Some people talk about how the Stones should take their current production to Vegas with all the horns and back up singers - but today's group sounds much more authentic and gritty than the crap on Flashpoint. I didn't go to Steel Wheels shows - did they sound like that live?

Re: Flashpoint made me puke
Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: January 31, 2006 04:23

I liked Steel Wheels better than 1981. Mainly because I think Keef stepped up more in 89. Agreed on Flashpoint- it stinks.

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 31, 2006 10:24

Flashpoint is not good. But Stones at the IMAX is great, particularly the shot of the boys charging out for SMU, and Keith's intro to HTW. Never got to see it at an IMAX theater, but that must have been fun.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 31, 2006 10:29

Aw yeah!! Have seen a couple of times at IMAX theatre... images of the boys and music large plus also amazed at the size of the camera's used to film the format..all big stuff!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 31, 2006 10:34

Flashpoint is terrible but some shows were good in 1989 right? I like 1981-82 more because they changed to a vegasact in 1989, maybe they were good but still, not the same.

Posted by: RoddyD ()
Date: January 31, 2006 10:49

When this first came out I loved it....especially Sympathy, which I STILL love with it's slightly more south american beat...but now it seems so polished, so 'fake'...I dunno....it's pretty much studio work with a bit of crowd and "live performance' overdubbed ain't it?

Rgds
Rod

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 31, 2006 10:50

I loved it too when it came but that was back when bootlegs were hard to get and Internet just a dream.

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: January 31, 2006 11:22

I dug it when it came out.
Had a good song selection and I guess my ears were still production drenched from the 80s.
I see how people might dislike it now but it's still pretty ok to me.

LRR is horrible though. So's YCAGWYW. Wish they'd replaced them with "Play with fire" and "Mixed emotions".

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: January 31, 2006 11:41

The best 89/90 recording is the Sister Morphine version of Wembley 1990. It was taken from a radio broadcast and is complete apart from 'Can't Be Seen' by Keith. Sounds a lot less polished than flashpoint and has more songs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1108
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home