Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paint It Black You Devil
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: January 30, 2006 21:00

Are my ears deceiving me? On GYYYO we can hear a girl say "paint it black, paint it black you devil". On Flashpoint just before Ruby Tuesday I can hear the same
voice. Or is it. Or am I the last person in the world to know the answer?

Re: Paint It Black You Devil
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 30, 2006 21:01

Well, that´s only when ya play it backwards.
Otherwise it says: "Manson is God".

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 30, 2006 21:03

I think they took the girl from Ya-Ya's and placed her in Flashpoint intentionally. Kinda like "Paul Is Dead." I noticed it too.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: January 30, 2006 21:04

On Ya-Ya's you can also hear a dutch girl say: 'laat maar zitten' just before Midnight Rambler. Is there anybody else from Holland who can hear it, or am I going insane?

Posted by: cherry red ()
Date: January 30, 2006 21:04

Someone is always yelling "Paint It Black You Devil!" at shows, myself included.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 30, 2006 21:05

they just dubbed it on from YaYas to Flashpoint as a joke

Date: January 30, 2006 21:06

Potted Shrimp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On Ya-Ya's you can also hear a dutch girl say:
> 'laat maar zitten' just before Midnight Rambler.

--- Is that as dirty as a think?
Once had a Dutch girlfriend & she always spoke
of "neuken" or slt. But this?

Date: January 30, 2006 21:08

Baboon Bro Wrote:
>
> Is that as dirty as a think?
> Once had a Dutch girlfriend & she always
> spoke
> of "neuken" or slt. But this?
>

She spoke of neuken, or acted on it? Slt. is not a Dutch word, maybe she said she was a slet?

Date: January 30, 2006 21:08

Potted Shrimp Wrote:
> On Ya-Ya's you can also hear a dutch girl say:
> 'laat maar zitten' just before Midnight Rambler.
> Is there anybody else from Holland who can hear
> it, or am I going insane?

what does that mean in English?

On the band intros on the El Mocambo part of LYL, the guy who shouts "Billy!" at Billy Preston has a very distinct working-class Belfast accent. How he ended up at a Stones' club show in Toronto , let alone on a Stones live album, is baffling (although we have quite a few from here who emigrated to Toronto, which may explain it)

Date: January 30, 2006 21:11

Laat maar zitten means: never mind.

Date: January 30, 2006 21:13

Potted Shrimp Wrote:
> Baboon Bro Wrote:
---
She said & acted neuken & (please note this) "Slt" in m y writin,
ya Potted Shrimp! grinning smiley

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: January 31, 2006 00:28

I was lucky enough the have 12th row center for opening night at Fenway. Just as the b-stage began moving out on its track, a girl--maybe 19, 20, but lookin' way "too cute to be a minute over seventeen"--slipped into the row with my friend and me.

On the back of her black t-shirt, in carefully cut-out strips of masking tape:

"Paint It Black, You Devil"

Very sexy little next generation Stones fan...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 31, 2006 00:38

It's really funny that this question pops up every couple of months, and that people still are amazed by it 16 years after the release of Flashpoint!

Gazza, wasn't one of the inner circle of the Stones at that time (road manager or something like that, people like Allan Dunn) from Belfast?

That girl just before Midnight Rambler seems to say something like "got seated" or "god seen it". If it is Dutch, it sounds more like "ik zie niks", meaning "I can't see anything".

Mathijs

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 31, 2006 01:04

The real question is . . . who was the original girl and where is she today?

Date: January 31, 2006 01:07

Mathijs Wrote:
>>
> Gazza, wasn't one of the inner circle of the
> Stones at that time (road manager or something
> like that, people like Allan Dunn) from Belfast?
>

First I've heard of it, Mathijs

The only Irishman of any description in the 'inner circle' I've been aware of in the last few years has been Jim Callaghan, but he's from Carrickmacross in County Monaghan - although he speaks with a London accent

Posted by: poor immigrant ()
Date: January 31, 2006 02:11

They asked Keith about this, and he had said something about the engineer/mixers playing alittle joke dropping that in there. Pretty funny. They should drop the JUDAS! shout into the next Dylan live album.

Posted by: troubador ()
Date: January 31, 2006 03:51

On Between the Buttons, near the end of She Smiled Sweetly, you can hear Mick say: "I think I bust some buttons on me trousers..."

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: January 31, 2006 04:37

>Are my ears deceiving me? On GYYYO we can hear a girl say "paint it black, paint it black you devil". On Flashpoint just before Ruby Tuesday I can hear the same
voice. Or is it. Or am I the last person in the world to know the answer?

AFAIK your ears are not deceiving you. Or we have the same illusions.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: January 31, 2006 10:17

Well without any doubt this was an overdub. All Stones live albums are heavily overdubbed. For instance, on Get Yer Ya Ya's Out! they dubbed the words 'Watch it' from the Rock'n'Roll Circus live recording ver the opening riff of Jumpin' jack flash.
Thereforem the audience recording bottlegs are essential to get an unaltered impression of a Stones concert.

Date: January 31, 2006 10:18

Well without any doubt this was an overdub. All Stones live albums are heavily overdubbed. For instance, on Get Yer Ya Ya's Out! they dubbed the words 'Watch it' from the Rock'n'Roll Circus live recording over the opening riff of Jumpin' jack flash.
Therefore the audience recording bootlegs are essential to get an unaltered impression of a Stones concert.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 31, 2006 13:20

I didn't want to know that "watch it" or "watch out" was an overdub! I always thought and would like to continue to think it was really there! It adds to the excitement as JJF kicks in after the sound collage of "intros" that starts Ya Yas. I will never forgive you saltoftheearth.

Posted by: stein ()
Date: January 31, 2006 16:51

Ruby Tuesday
I can hear the same voice in the end of the song. Proubly some flute and chello programming, she should have known what she made.

Date: January 31, 2006 18:19

Exhpart, I agree that Get Yer Ya Ya's Out is an excellent 'live' album but apart from four songs it's not really an in-concert recording. The intro is one of the great things about this album (in fact, it is one of the classic recordings of rock music) but it only exists through the remix. What's your problem about it? The Stones never intended to release an unaltered 'live' album, even cutting verses, adding guitars or replacing the live vocal by new studio vocal recordings. But then, their releasing policy never was very fan-friendly.

But does that actually minimize your listening pleasure? Then skip to Midnight rambler which is one of the unaltered live recordings on GYYYO.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 31, 2006 18:22

OK I forgive you Rambler is fantastic on GYYYO and its interesting to note that it really is live and unaltered.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 31, 2006 18:33

deja vu revisited:

[iorr.org]

Mathijs wrote:

>> It amazes me that this myth still holds on after so many years. Ya Ya's is NOT heavily overdubbed. There is not one single instrument overdubbed on any track - no guitars, bass, drums or whatever. All that was done in early 1970 was the rerecording of Jagger's vocals on half the songs, and they added Richards background vocals on most songs. <<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-31 18:35 by with sssoul.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2111
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home