Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Of all the countries they have played, is Chile the only to have hosted only one Stones show?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 29, 2006 05:33

I was just thinking of... cannot think of another one. Strange, the promoter had the National Stadium already reserved for the Stones on February 28. When they found out they weren't coming at all, they hired U2 instead -charging up to US$350 for a ticket. The are going to play there on the 26th. I was so angry that the Stones weren't coming to Chile, as I usually get hired as a backstage translator and get signed memorabilia and to meet the bands. By the way, Olli from Germany, are you coming down to South America this time?

Re: Of all the countries they have played, is Chile the only to have hosted only one Stones show?
Posted by: atip ()
Date: January 29, 2006 05:51

How about Turkey?

Re: Of all the countries they have played, is Chile the only to have hosted only one Stones show?
Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 29, 2006 05:53

Chile rocks...

One thing you notice if you spend any time in Chile is how ROUND the women's butts are there... must be the mountainous terrain smiling smiley

Not so much in Valparison thought they are nice there, but if you go up to Antofogasta forget about it... a guy is gonna spend all his time lookin' at the women's butts up there on the mountain side... and you can't get any playing time in lookin' at those gorgeous women.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-29 06:18 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 29, 2006 05:55

There are a few European countries where they have only ever played one concert:

Russia, Turkey, Estonia (all 1998), Hungary, Luxembourg (both 1995) and (technically speaking) both the former Czechoslovakia and Croatia

Whilst theyve played Prague 4 times, the first time they were there it was the capital of Czechoslovakia, before the country was divided in two. The 3 subsequent shows have been since it became part of the Czech Republic.

Similarly, they played 2 shows in Zagreb in 1976 and one in 1998. The city was still part of Yugoslavia on their first visit and the capital of Croatia on their return 22 years later.

Date: January 29, 2006 06:03

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are a few European countries where they have
> only ever played one concert:
>
> Russia, Turkey, Estonia (all 1998), Hungary,
> Luxembourg (both 1995) and (technically speaking)
> both the former Czechoslovakia and Croatia

AND... if you'll notice, just like Chile all of these countries have round-butt women... with nice curvey butt-cheeks.... must be something about the women's curves that throws the stones off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-29 06:13 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 29, 2006 06:10

Gazza Wrote:
> There are a few European countries where they have
> only ever played one concert:
>
> Russia, Turkey, Estonia (all 1998), >

I thought they played Russia in the early Nineties, either UJ or VL.

Date: January 29, 2006 06:12

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
> Chile rocks...
>
> One thing you notice if you spend any time in
> Chile is how ROUND the women's butts are there...
> must be the mountainous terrain
>
> "It's just that demon life has got me in it's
> sway..."

You are a cool guy BornOnTheBayou! Where are you from? Are you coming to South America in February?

Date: January 29, 2006 06:14

sixesandsevensandnines Wrote:
> BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Chile rocks...
> >
> > One thing you notice if you spend any time
> in
> > Chile is how ROUND the women's butts are
> there...
> > must be the mountainous terrain
> >
> > "It's just that demon life has got me in
> it's
> > sway..."
>
> You are a cool guy BornOnTheBayou! Where are you
> from? Are you coming to South America in February?

Damn, I wish, but I already fell in love in Venezuela, Colombia, and probably other places in S. America I can't remember...

But the women there are awesome and I think when Ronnie is trying to concentrate on a lead he just looks at those curvy women and loses track of where he's at... proll happens in eastern europe too... Gotta stay away from those Hungarian ladies if you want to keep your head on straight.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 29, 2006 06:29

Turkey, Chili - I'm getting hungry grinning smiley

Date: January 29, 2006 06:42

For you kinky guys out there, bear in mind that in South America Stones concert goers are way much younger than in Europe - US. Heaps of lovely 20 year-old chicks. So if you plan to go to Buenos Aires, leave the old lady at home...:-)

Date: January 29, 2006 06:44

sixesandsevensandnines Wrote:
> For you kinky guys out there, bear in mind that in
> South America Stones concert goers are way much
> younger than in Europe - US. Heaps of lovely 20
> year-old chicks. So if you plan to go to Buenos
> Aires, leave the old lady at home...:-)

Oh forget about it....

If a single American or Eurpean guy goes to South America he will fall in love so many times over he will get neck-sprain...

There's no continent that has more greater-lookin' babes than South America... perhaps Europe but not the same.

Date: January 29, 2006 06:50

I totally agree! Are you American? I've met so many guys from the States or from Europe who have left everything behind for a South American girl! Lucky me, born in Chile

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: January 29, 2006 07:35

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:

> AND... if you'll notice, just like Chile all of
> these countries have round-butt women... with nice
> curvey butt-cheeks.... must be something about the
> women's curves that throws the stones off.

History has shown they can't spend too much time in countries like that, as 9 months later there will be an addition to the population with a rather large mouth . . .

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 29, 2006 12:00

virgil Wrote:
> I thought they played Russia in the early
> Nineties, either UJ or VL.

No.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 29, 2006 12:30

First time ever Russia Moscow 1998 but they will be back this year for St Petersburgh Russia. Chile not the only country to get one show only. Estonia, Luxembourg, Turkey. Think of it the other way around. You got them one time. It might have been never. Iceland = never. Uruguay = Never. Peru = never and so on.

Bjornulf

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 29, 2006 13:33

Thailand would have had its first ever Stones show in 2003, but as we all know it was cancelled.

Date: January 29, 2006 17:58

virgil Wrote:
>
> I thought they played Russia in the early
> Nineties, either UJ or VL.

nope..just 1998

They were scheduled to end the UJ tour in Moscow in early August 1990, but the show never materialised and in the end other concerts got added on to the end of the tour

Posted by: mistress ()
Date: January 29, 2006 18:09

Remember Budapest, Hungary! Only one show (1995) sad smiley

Date: January 29, 2006 18:12

we did..see above

I think you're overdue a return visit

Date: January 29, 2006 21:08

JuanTCB Wrote:
> >
> BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > AND... if you'll notice, just like Chile all
> of
> > these countries have round-butt women... with
> nice
> > curvey butt-cheeks.... must be something
> about the
> > women's curves that throws the stones off.
>
> History has shown they can't spend too much time
> in countries like that, as 9 months later there
> will be an addition to the population with a
> rather large mouth . . .
>
>
>

That's probably the reason right there. Too many paternity lawsuits when the Stones are in South America smiling smiley

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: January 29, 2006 21:36

Chile does not have rolling stones culture like Argentina or Brazil, i dont know why, they like another kind of music...

Posted by: curt ()
Date: January 29, 2006 22:19

Wasn't there one gig in israel in 98?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 29, 2006 22:29

curt Wrote:
> Wasn't there one gig in israel in 98?

Tel Aviv was rumoured, but it never happened.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1283
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home