Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is the "B" stage fair?
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 28, 2006 22:58

Is having a "b" stage fair to the people who pay top$$$ to see them. They're up front for 70 % of the show instead of 100%. I think it is because I sat by the "b" stage twice in Chicago!

Re: Is the "B" stage fair?
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: January 28, 2006 23:00

b-stage is great!!! love sitting(standing) by it

Date: January 28, 2006 23:02

yeah, but what do the people in the first 10 rows think?

Date: January 28, 2006 23:04

it sucks....except when they are going bye...i was first row in hartford,msg in oct....not so hot.....oh well....i was right next to bobby....

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: January 28, 2006 23:06

Hey well, if the Stones for once have a little thought for the ones who can't pay 100 bucks, that's fair isn't it?

Posted by: johang ()
Date: January 28, 2006 23:08

It sucks, U2's circle works a lot better would be perfect for the Stones.

Date: January 28, 2006 23:09

u2??? please

Posted by: johang ()
Date: January 28, 2006 23:12

OK, U2 sucks but thier stage is so much better.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 28, 2006 23:26

all is fair in love and stones. it's not 70% - more like 85% anyway

Date: January 28, 2006 23:27

21 divided by 3 or am I wrong?

Date: January 28, 2006 23:28

oh, I'm wrong. As usual. It's .8571428

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 28, 2006 23:33

you were probably just thinking that the show basically is over once Warhorse Avenue begins....so in that sense the % is lower....

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 29, 2006 13:43

The B-stage is great. It gives the Stones an opportunity to play like they used to when they started out. And the crowd usually loves it.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: January 29, 2006 19:30

Those up front know when they buy their tickets that part of the show will be on the B stage if they dont like it they should not pay $$$$ to be in the front rows.

The B stage is a great concept IMHO
Gives those at the back a chance to get up close even if it is just for a few songs.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 29, 2006 20:54

i think its fair - because almost all the floor seats (excluding the section directly in front of the B stage which are $160) are $450 - without the B stage, i would feel sorry for those $450 people who sat as far back as the B stage but still had peek over heads for a look at the band off in the distance. those tickets should be less money.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 29, 2006 21:27

They play two songs on the B-stage. Then they play first half of Miss You on the main stage and on their way out, and last half of Honky Tonk Women also on their way back and on the main stage. So mathematically I would say it is 3 out of 20 songs which means 85% from the main stage. But a Stones show is not really mathematical. If you are that worried about the 540 dollars investments then you are free to walk down to the B-stage for those songs. Security do actually allow people to come down there, even if there are always some local guys who are sort vof mad down there; just make your way around them and try not to block anybody. The Stones do want a club feel by the small stage so they expect people to fill in the empty space around it for those songs.

Most of the floor is top price at arena shows, so I would be more worried about those in the middle of the floor who pay the same as they up front. I think the B-stage is a nice way to share the band with people in different locations in the venue.

Bjornulf

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 29, 2006 21:31

I sat in the front row once, 99 Boston 2nd show. When they went to the B-stage it did suck. 1. I am a little vertically challanged. 2. I am not sure about other arenas but in Boston they do not let you stand on the floor seats. They also played MR on the small stage that night. So it was tough.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: January 29, 2006 21:49

If you stand on the seats so will everyone else and you are back where you started.

I have been FOS and it did not bother me as I could still hear the music.

You could still hear them couldnt you ???.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: January 29, 2006 23:55

There are people that can't afford high prices.It is nice from stones to come closer to the people.WIth my 120-140 euros can I get a good seat on the field?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home