Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

StL Show was fabulous!!!
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 28, 2006 16:48

The band was really ON last night. Yes I know the bitchers are going to complain about the setlist but the hell with them. Unless you're fortunate enough to see them multiple times in the same tour, I don't see where seeing them play their warhorses EXTREMELY well is an issue. Even if it is an issue, DON"T GO! Neat moment from last night; After Keith carefully watch Ron hit on a great solo on Worried About You, you could see him slowly walk over, nod, and say "That Was a Good One". Milk was in GREAT voice, actually sounding better than the other 6 shows Id seen from past tours. The band was tight!! Ronnie played great and didn't do alot of posing like in years past!! Lisa looked HOT!!!!!!!! Great to meet Mickschick and her husband from Buffalo!

Re: StL Show was fabulous!!!
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 28, 2006 17:48

To hell with me!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 28, 2006 17:53

dr pete wrote:

>Milk was in GREAT voice

GOT MILK????????

Date: January 28, 2006 17:54

Nothing personal, I just value seeing them so much that if they were on stage making farting noises w/ their armpits all night I'd probably think it was great (although the 500$ for the ticket would be a bit less palatable!!lol).

Date: January 28, 2006 17:54

I'm a BAD typer!!!!!!

Date: January 28, 2006 17:55

it's possible to go to the show, enjoy the hell out of it AND not like the setlist. I've done this many times. I think more people should try.

Date: January 28, 2006 17:55

DrPete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing personal, I just value seeing them so much
> that if they were on stage making farting noises
> w/ their armpits all night I'd probably think it
> was great (although the 500$ for the ticket would
> be a bit less palatable!!lol).

come on , you can afford it doc.

so what, proctologist, gyno, kavorkian???what do you specialize in???
or is it just a title?

Date: January 28, 2006 17:57

Vet actually, have a bitch would needs to be spayed? Seriously!

Date: January 28, 2006 17:59

DrPete Wrote:
> Vet actually, have a bitch would needs to be
> spayed? Seriously!

yeah i got a bitch, but she's my wife!

Date: January 28, 2006 18:01

Sorry, NOT touching her!!haha

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: January 28, 2006 18:03

shes so cold , did it rock or roll

Date: January 28, 2006 18:05

It was a rock n rollin' version of Shes so Cold. Actually one of my favs, so real glad to see it in the abhorrant setlist!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: January 28, 2006 18:24

my fav of this tour also , keith & charlie wow

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: January 28, 2006 19:26

glad to hear ronnie nailed WAY's solo

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 29, 2006 11:21

StonesTod Wrote:
> it's possible to go to the show, enjoy the hell
> out of it AND not like the setlist. I've done
> this many times. I think more people should try.

This is true, I have as well. I think last night's St. Louis show could be described this way. But only because I saw 5 shows in the fall and was bored with the set list. Sometimes you gotta keep dancing to keep enjoying yourself - and smile during Start Me Up if the band or any cameras focus on you (like me in the Four Flicks DVD) - to keep up morale.

Date: January 29, 2006 19:04

great post, Little Queenie. LOL

Posted by: WNY Stones ()
Date: January 29, 2006 19:21

Hi Pete; Nice to meet you!! Good guy. I need your emali address somehow. Yes this is Mickschicks' lesser half!! My wife and I flew in from Buffalo, NY just to see the Stones and do other things. Our seats were direcctly to stage left about 5 rows from the catwalk end. Just great. this was my 5th show of this tour. Mick is the greatest!! He IS the ultimate performer! He totally let it all out during Satisfaction. The band played tight! very tight. The crowd was wild, everybody was having a great time. From the seats that we had you stay focused in the band alone and not the big screen. The band is always interacting, giving cues and nods. Lisa is a blast she gets the people dancing just by herself sometimes. Yes Pete! Worried Aout You was great. Ronnies lead kicked butt!! Thank you Mickschick for a great weekend of Rock n' Roll and love! And thank you Ronnie, Keith, Charlie and Mick for all you have done for all of us over the years. Long live the Greatest Rock n' Roll Band In The World!!!

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: January 29, 2006 21:05

Hey DrPete! Pleased meet you! Its good to attach a face to the names of some of the True Stones Lovers on the board! Me and my wonderful husband had a great time at the show! We had seen them many times throughout the years and this is the first time we've seen them from that angle,and from a different time zone, I think I'm a little jetlagged... and like WNY STONES (my hubby) said, it was very cool not to keep having to look at the big screen! It was easy to see them all and when MICK came up on that catwalk we all went crazy!! Keith was AMAZING! And during intro's Charlie actually came out from the drum kit and waved! So that was cool. I agree with you Doc. Ronnie was a little quiet, but he still was great!
Lovely Lisa is amazing! And when Me and Mr wonderful danced a slow dance during the Ray Charles Tune we still couldn't stop watching Lisa as she belted out her parts! God She is a real blessing to the STONES! Everyone loves her!
And Worried about you was PERFECT! I Love that Song! So I was very happy to hear that played live!
I'm just greatful that the Rolling Stones exist and that I've had the chance to see them time and time again. And every time I see them its better than the last time! And then next show is the best show!!
And Thanks to The Stones, cause me and My Husband wouldn't have met if we both didn't love the STONES! That is how we met, in line for Stones tickets... Bridges to Babylon! And its been wonderful ever since! What are the chances of meeting the person of your dreams in line,(when they used to have ticket lines)!! How cool! Anyway, thank you my sexy man, I had a great time, and yes honey,I'm talking about you not Mick!! LOL!! (thanks Mick you are sexy too!!)LOL!!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 29, 2006 21:24

StonesTod I've seen four terrific shows, the band hot, raucous, enjoying themselves, Ron sounding terrific, Chuck lower in the mix than any time since '82, etc, etc - my complaint is that doing merely 4 or, more recently, 3 ABB songs is just self-defeating, there are plenty of good ones on there and with radio ignoring it, only way to get it heard - and reduce criticism that the RS are an "oldies act" - is to play the damned material. Certainly, what they've included (especially RFD and Back of My Hand) go over very well. Also dropping "Out Of Control" seems dumb, unique musically to the set and a hot, dynamic live number from the band's late period. Thus the last third of the set is dominated by classics, warhorses, but in either case OLDIES. Performed with energy and vitality, more pleasurable than I'd have ever expected, but still - dropping / alternating 2 or 3 would allow for a solid 5 ABB tracks, plus another slot for a less frequently played gem from any period in the band's catalog - for me, OOC, Hip Shake, Slave, Mixed Emotions, Black Limousine, Saint Of Me (minus audience participation), Sitting On a Fence, I Got The Blues, etc etc etc....

Date: January 29, 2006 21:52

Hey Mickschick and WNY Stones, so glad to meet you and hope you had a great time in The Lou. Sorry about the hoosiers ( a bad Missouri meaning, not the good Indiana meaning) to your right who just couldn't stay in their damn seats throughout the entire show. That HAD to be annoying. You can mail me your email address . Send it to the Humane Society of Mo 2400 Drilling Service Dr. Maryland Heights MO 63043 attention Dr Pete. Its so neat that you met due to the Stones. I've wished to meet the woman of my dreams at a stones show but it hasn't happened yet. Guess, I just need to go to more!!! lol!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 29, 2006 22:27

DrPete Wrote:
> Hey Mickschick and WNY Stones, so glad to meet you
> and hope you had a great time in The Lou. Sorry
> about the hoosiers ( a bad Missouri meaning, not
> the good Indiana meaning) to your right who just
> couldn't stay in their damn seats throughout the
> entire show. That HAD to be annoying. You can mail
> me your email address . Send it to the Humane
> Society of Mo 2400 Drilling Service Dr.
> Maryland Heights MO 63043 attention Dr Pete. Its
> so neat that you met due to the Stones. I've
> wished to meet the woman of my dreams at a stones
> show but it hasn't happened yet. Guess, I just
> need to go to more!!! lol!

hey dr. pete - are you a vet at the humane society? if so, that's great! i do trapping/spaying/neutering of feral cats and adoptions to a small extent. i also am a psychologist who works with aggressive dogs to make them more adoptable. maybe i am the woman of your dreams? LOL. however, the only guys i ever meet and flirt with at the show are the band members - ron mouthed "i love you" to me at the 2nd chicago show winking smiley - and i go to the shows by myself most of the time!

as an aside...why should the people have stayed in their seats?

Date: January 29, 2006 23:09

They kept walking down the aisle and up the stairs and back again. They must have missed a forth of the show.

Posted by: JaggerMister ()
Date: January 30, 2006 02:31

Fabulous indeed...they boys were excellent in St Louis....the set list was excellent...I could go without hearing SMU ever again...but when they did it...it rocked....

THANK YOU MICK AND THE BOYS!!!!!!!!

Posted by: atip ()
Date: January 30, 2006 02:58

DrPete Wrote:
> Vet actually, have a bitch would needs to be
> spayed? Seriously!

yeah i got a bitch, but she's my wife!

JJF, that's funny!!! Better hope she doesn't read this!

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: January 30, 2006 16:54

Hey Pete,

I don't know what those women were doing but Jeez, all that coming and going got me a bit angry, I only could suspect that what they were doing was something that may have spilled off a mirror???? Something to that effect, they did leave every ten minutes or so..Hmmm...!!

When we talked to people at our hotel the next morning we mentioned them and they said the same thing! One said, "Why the hell didn't they just do it where they were standing, we're all friends at the show"! I laughed!

But Man, why would you leave seats you paid a ton of money for, but more importantly, why would you leave at all, THE STONES are Playing Live right in front of you, and you walk away???? Duh! People like that, just don't deserve decent seats!

Anyway...Take Care and chat a while with Little Queenie, you never know she might be the one!! Good Luck!

Colleen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home