Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Video Rewind"
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 28, 2006 00:56

Yes, I know it's 22 years old, but I'd never seen it. A buddy of mine let me borrow his copy, and I'm just about to start it up.

What's the opinions on this 1984 VHS?

Re: "Video Rewind"
Posted by: gut ()
Date: January 28, 2006 00:58

The videos are good but the lame museum "storyline" in which Bill is a night watchman BLOWS big time.

Date: January 28, 2006 01:08

Nah, man, the idea of Bill being a museum curator has some delicious irony to it, especially when viewing it now.

"She's So Hot" -- love this video -- funny as hell -- the Stones were indulging in humor and self-parody even then.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 28, 2006 01:14

I really like the museum-stuff. Actually after seeing this (when I was 9) I started searching everywhere for bootleg videos. I recognized the MR-clip on Rewind, and I knew it was from 1972 because of Jagger's clothes. And when I was 10 years I did find CS Blues. I was SHOCKED and exstatic!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 28, 2006 01:17

too much blood was a cool video.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: January 28, 2006 01:17

bassplayer617 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nah, man, the idea of Bill being a museum curator
> has some delicious irony to it, especially when
> viewing it now.
>
> "She's So Hot" -- love this video -- funny as hell
> -- the Stones were indulging in humor and
> self-parody even then.

yeah bassplayer617....Bill really is the archivist, so the role fits

Date: January 28, 2006 01:21

I'm trying to dub my old VHS copy onto DVD. It's a bit raggy in a few spots though.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 28, 2006 04:08

It's sort of amazing now to see mick and bill throwing themselves into something like that. It's chintzy but more amusing than the absentee product they push now, like Rarities.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 28, 2006 04:13

Too Much Blood and Norman Gunstan chasin Mick at the end credits are way @#$%&' funny..laugh

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 28, 2006 04:23

This was great, but I'd rather see some of Bill's home video with the babes.

Posted by: BBstones ()
Date: January 28, 2006 04:32

I like it, the stuff between the videos is funny. The bit when they were passing a joint around and that dork asking them questions, it looks like 77-78? very funny stuff.

"Charlie never liked the idea of being famous, did he"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 28, 2006 04:36

Is the interviewer (Norman Gunstan?) for real? Some of Keith's greatest quotes! I love it when the guy says (as the band is driving off) - "That's Mick Jagger, he's one of the Beatles" (or something to that effect). Cool stuff.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 28, 2006 04:55

Norman Gunston is actually Aussie actor Garry McDonald...funny dude..read all about him...[www.nostalgiacentral.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: January 28, 2006 05:02

funny as hell norman gunston, he was for real, had his own show for most of the 70's - he used to pop up everywhere and essentially piss clebs off with his "off beat" antics - i remember him showing up at lee Marvin's divorce hearing once, and ol' Lee nearly clocked our Norman

When you look at the archival footage of our former Prime Minister, Gough Whitlam responding to the masses outside Parliament after having been "dismissed" by our then governor general, guess who was standing there in the background trying to look serious? - you guessed it.

In that footage with him backstage trying to get the stones to say something as they left the stage and headed for the limo's, mick was essentially playing Norman at his own game, by pretending to be a fighter who's just stepped out of the ring, and he's carrying on about how he should have "taken 'im out in the 3rd"

Gunston got the last laugh however when he said "it's mick jagger, mick jagger, I've loved him ever since he was with the Beatles"

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: January 28, 2006 05:57

my fave Gunston bit was he interviewed Paul and Linda Mccartney.. Norman says " geez she doesnt look Japanese.."

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 28, 2006 06:32

The Gunsten clips are the best thing about it

I think that footage comes from Memphis '78 because he interviewed Mick on his hotel room bed there for his TV show during that tour...and asked him "do you share this bed with Mr Keith Richards?"

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 28, 2006 06:50

the 80's was not a good decade for the lads - and lame video rewind is as good an indication of that as anything else they put out...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-28 06:50 by StonesTod.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: January 28, 2006 13:56

Good for the time but now we await the definitive video release (perhaps for BluRay?).

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 28, 2006 15:21

Where can I download those interviews about Some Girls and that other stuff from 1977-78????

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 28, 2006 20:16

hey rewind was the first time to get to see rare stuff, i loved it
rewind was the main reason i started searching out boots, pure gold

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 28, 2006 20:23

I loved and still do as it had my fav video, Shes So cold, on it. i played the whole video to death. Seeing 1984 Mick in his 72 outfit was COOL

Date: January 28, 2006 20:39

Yeah, this was made for the true hardcore fans, with all the little details and snippets.

Date: January 29, 2006 12:29

The Complete Rewind + 52 other videoes was released last year as a double dvd titled "More Hot Rocks - Rewind". Great stuff.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 29, 2006 13:42

>> The Complete Rewind + 52 other videoes was released last year <<

... released where? i heard about this, but i've never seen it for sale anywhere. if anyone can post a specific link that would be great, thanks.

Date: January 29, 2006 17:50

its a bootleg DVD not an official release

Date: January 29, 2006 18:00

ah, thanks. what's the More Hot Rocks part?

Date: January 29, 2006 18:14

because its effectively a compilation which includes the 60's promos as well

It goes as far back as "Have you seen your mother baby"

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: January 29, 2006 18:17

I've looked all over for the more hot rocks collection. Ebay doesnt seem to have it either

Date: January 29, 2006 18:38

thanks Gazza - sounds like i already have it all anyway.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: January 29, 2006 20:13

I have the video. I watch it whil eI am running on the threadmill. It is ok if you just want to poass some time and get a Stones fix. Nothing real great in it. But worth watching. To Much Blood Video is cool. Mick has more make up on then a drag queen. Which if funny.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home