Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Get Up Stand Up
Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: January 26, 2006 21:44

When the Bigger Bang-tour kicked off on August 21, I stayed up long to see the setlist. I was very optimistic for this time, they opening nite set seemed to be nearly as good as the No Security set.
But now, nearly six months later, I'm not half as satisfied as I expected then.
Okay, the MSG sets were quite nice, but I think they want to go on with the old nostalgic-pre-Tattoo You-Las Vegas thing.
Í think Sway (demanded often, played 2 times), Out Of Control (demanded quite often and played frequently until October, what a shame IMHO) and Love Is Strong (2 or 3 well received threads last week and in set last wednesday and this wednesday) a good prooves for the fact that IORRians, Shidoobeans and others can influence their behaviour.
So, get up, stand up and let's start to create a massive attack on the Stones current setlist with constructive (constructive means no 35-song-set including Dandelion, Had It With You and Miss Amanda Jones).
Let's make millions of comments about the setlist and how boring it is let us force them to play Love Is Strong, Out Of Control, Sway, Soul Survivor, Play With Fire, Salt Of The Earth, Street Fighting Man, She Was Hot, Neocon...FREQUENTLY and NOT for 2 nights on the whole tour.
Come on, guys, they have tons of good songs that will kill you and they still try to satisfy all the people with the old greatest hits plus one or two new ones.

Re: Get Up Stand Up
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 26, 2006 21:58

if there's one thing we can probably all (or at least 90% of us) agree on:

WE'D LOVE TO SEE MORE BIGGER BANG SONGS IN THE SETLIST (though I'm sure we'd disagree which ones we'd prefer). That's the only real surprise for me is that a well-received (critically) album and first in almost a decade would be so roundly ignored on a tour bearing it's name.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 26, 2006 22:17

Agreed. It is sad that they're touring to support a new album, their best in years, and only play three songs per show from it. They are truly becoming an oldies act.

Posted by: theboys ()
Date: January 26, 2006 22:23

Yes, it would be so cool if they just announced 'OK, now we're gonna do a set from ABB' plain & simple, then Keith rips into the 'It won't take long' riff and look out - then back to the warhorses or whatever, the new songs are good and easy to warm up to, just got to do 'em live - it's part of being a creative and vital band - new stuff eventually becomes 'classic' . . .only if you play 'em. It would be very cool to increase the number of ABB songs - a nice problem to have - so many great songs - hard to know what to drop or add. Of course, we get back to the 'corporate' tour and gotta play all the big hits and people are paying major $$. . .and all that. My vote is for more ABB songs somehow - probably not likely to happen

But if you try sometimes. . . you get what you need, alright. . .

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: January 27, 2006 01:37

i think the B stage - all four songs - should be solely devoted to ABB selections. They could travel out on Driving Too Fast, do Back of my Hand as a real blues jam on the b stage. Then rip into She Saw Me Coming, and go back out to the main stage playing Rough Justice or ONNYA. They should be playing a minimum of 5 ABB songs a night!

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: January 27, 2006 04:41

I don't really care beacuse I have never been to Rolling stones concert but it would be cool what nikkibong suggested.
And also it's true that with so many great songs they should play all night to cover the most of them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home