Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

U2 and Bono can kiss there butts goodbuy
Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: January 26, 2006 19:57

Just read today were Bono said he is a fan of that low life scum bag Kanay West, and that the band is considering putting out a hip hop album well that should kill there careers the last thing I want to see is some hip hop crap from a rock band. Because hip hop and rap is nothing but crap music.

Re: U2 and Bono can kiss there butts goodbuy
Posted by: monkeygripglue ()
Date: January 26, 2006 20:13

...i wish they would put out a hip hop record..it would give me another reason to make fun of them...

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: January 26, 2006 20:14

How does this relate to the Stones on a Stones web site?

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: January 26, 2006 20:17

That West chap is actually quite entertaining! Give it a go!

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: January 26, 2006 20:20

The good thing is than U2 is not a rock and roll band, so.... you will not got hip hop from a rock band.... thanks god... (I´m really happy just of think they do it..... laughs)

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: January 26, 2006 20:38

I doubt it will happen. I'm sure they're just joking. And also, KANYE not kanay West is not a scum bug. What a rude thing to say about someone u don't even know. I'm not a huge fan but i wouldn't call him a scumbag.

Date: January 26, 2006 21:06

Sorry but some of the things he has said such as how he deserved to be the artist of the year a couple of years ago even though he lost to someone else and the way he said that blacks are not treated fairly makes him a scum bag in my book.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: January 26, 2006 21:08

I love the title of your thread. Not only does it contain two spelling mistakes, and is Bono's butt at least part of U2's butt, but moreover, it doesn't mean anything.

Last but not least, you obviously did not read the discussions on forum ethics of the last few days.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: January 26, 2006 21:22

lol Limbo!

Date: January 26, 2006 21:39

All these anti U2, Macca, Aerosmith, etc. posts are the type I would most like Bjornulf to delete. In my opinion, they are even worse than anti Ronnie Wood, Bill Wyman, etc. type posts, as they have nothing to do with the Stones and usually are amongst the worst written posts in the whole forum. They do absolutely nothing positive for this Stones web site and who really cares if some people on this site don't like these acts? Why waste the time to post these?

Many people on this and other Stones sites (including people who run these sites) like these acts that others don't. These rants usually make the poster look like they only like one act, the Stones, and are very one dimensional in their music tastes. Why should it be assumed that if we go onto a Stones website, that we cannot also like many other acts as well?

Posted by: 2000 Man ()
Date: January 26, 2006 21:49

Rickster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry but some of the things he has said such as
> how he deserved to be the artist of the year a
> couple of years ago even though he lost to someone
> else and the way he said that blacks are not
> treated fairly makes him a scum bag in my book.

Wow, someones says that "Blacks are not treated fairly" in the US is a scumbag?
Does that make Martin Luther King Jr a scum bag too?

Posted by: Frayed ()
Date: January 27, 2006 00:43

WOW! U2 doing Hip Hop,that would be as crazy as the Stones doing Disco.It would surely end their careers.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: January 27, 2006 01:09

I like hip hop much better than U2. Kick the shfizzle !

Charles "Snoop" Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 27, 2006 01:12

Kanye West seems a talented artist.
Late Registration sounds fresh and creative if you compare it to all the rubbish that is released these days in the hiphop genre.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: January 27, 2006 03:39

i wanna see bono vs. sting in a cage deathmatch....

Posted by: ginger1981 ()
Date: January 27, 2006 22:18

Actually, I saw Kanye open for U2 in Omaha (where I see RS play this Sunday..yipee!)

1) I'm not a hip hop fan, but Kanye is very good showman. I admit, he got a largely middle aged white midwestern crowd moving...which isn't easy to do.

2) I take it you've never been to a U2 show. It's definitly an experience. I won't compare them to RS, or Paul McCartney (who I saw recently as well) because it's apples and oranges. I'm not saying you have to love the music, and yeah...Bono can be pretentious, but don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

Anyways, I've met Bono twice...he is a very nice guy to boot. :-)

Date: January 27, 2006 22:22

ginger1981 Wrote:
> Actually, I saw Kanye open for U2 in Omaha (where
> I see RS play this Sunday..yipee!)
>
> 1) I'm not a hip hop fan, but Kanye is very good
> showman. I admit, he got a largely middle aged
> white midwestern crowd moving...which isn't easy
> to do.
>
> 2) I take it you've never been to a U2 show. It's
> definitly an experience. I won't compare them to
> RS, or Paul McCartney (who I saw recently as well)
> because it's apples and oranges. I'm not saying
> you have to love the music, and yeah...Bono can be
> pretentious, but don't knock it if you haven't
> tried it.
>
> Anyways, I've met Bono twice...he is a very nice
> guy to boot. :-)

I've met Bono on several occasions and he has always been very cool to me. I've always found U2 concerts to be amazing, just as Stones concerts are as well.

I'm really surprised by how vocal many people are on these Stones sites against U2. I've never understood this at all. Just because you like the Stones it doesn't mean you have to pledge your devotion to them and feel that all other acts suck.

There's a lot of mutual admiration between the members of the Stones and the members of U2, because they can appreciate that while these bands don't sound at all alike, there is a real quality to each.

Date: January 27, 2006 22:25

Halup Wrote:
>
> I've met Bono on several occasions and he has
> always been very cool to me. I've always found U2
> concerts to be amazing, just as Stones concerts
> are as well.
>
> I'm really surprised by how vocal many people are
> on these Stones sites against U2. I've never
> understood this at all. Just because you like the
> Stones it doesn't mean you have to pledge your
> devotion to them and feel that all other acts
> suck.
>
> There's a lot of mutual admiration between the
> members of the Stones and the members of U2,
> because they can appreciate that while these bands
> don't sound at all alike, there is a real quality
> to each.
>

I suppose I find it odd because most U2 fans I know love RS as well. I agree with you totally...it's ok to appreciate other bands, even if they're sonically different.

Except for maybe, say Ratt :-p

Date: January 27, 2006 22:26

Im not knocking U2 for what they have done all Im saying is if they do a hip hop cd. that would be a joke and they will lose respect from alot of fans.

Date: January 27, 2006 22:32

Rickster Wrote:
> Im not knocking U2 for what they have done all Im
> saying is if they do a hip hop cd. that would be a
> joke and they will lose respect from alot of fans.

Yeah, it would probably turn me off some. I don't see it happening...Bono has all sorts of pipe dreams that Larry Mullen likes to squash. I wasn't terribly impressed with their last album (I was hoping it would be a bit more punk). What I'd like to see them do is something along the lines of Zooropa again...something a bit off the wall.

Ever read the Bill Flanagan book? There are some great passages of Mick on U2.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 27, 2006 22:39

FERRANTE LIKE POST

BUFFOONS!!!!!!

Date: January 28, 2006 00:39

Rickster Wrote:
> Im not knocking U2 for what they have done all Im
> saying is if they do a hip hop cd. that would be a
> joke and they will lose respect from alot of fans.

Rickster, you have completely misinterpreted Bono's comments and created a thread that never should have existed. Of course U2 is not going to make a hip hop album. None of the guys are stupid enough to undertake something like that at the risk of losing their audience. Here is what Bono actually said:

"I happen to be in really a truly great band, and experimentation has been the lifeblood of this band. We of course will look and are looking across at hip hop and see the amazing innovation in the studio...I don't know where we're going to go with all our new information and all our new friends...but it will be somewhere very special or you won't hear about it, because there's no reason for you to put out an album now unless its very special. You know, we don't need the cash."

If you notice, nowhere does Bono say they are going to make a hip hop album. All he refers to is the innovation occuring in the studio on hip hop recordings and wanting to take that spark that he feels is happening in the recording process for that music into influcening further innovation for U2.

It's amazing how often people on this site misquote Bono, especially when it comes to his comments about the Stones. The Stones and U2 are great friends of each other. Bono and The Edge have always expressed their admiration for them and they even go to Stones shows. I talked to The Edge at the Hollywood Bowl show on November 6th, the same show that Bjornulf indicated in his post where he was seated right next to Edge.

The fact is U2 love the Stones. Bono has gone on record saying he loves the 90s Stones albums, the same ones that many so called Stones fans on this site love to rip on.

It's also a fact that the Stones love U2. The great idea for the bstage at Stones concerts came directly from Mick attending U2 concerts and loving the idea. While in Los Angeles in 1997 recording Bridges, Mick went to see U2 in San Diego in late April 97. He has admitted to liking how U2 used the bstage and decided based on that, that the Stones would incorporate that into the Bridges stage.

Personally I love the Stones, but have no interest in other bands that try to sound like them, like the Black Crowes. I love U2 because they sound nothing like the Stones and in my opinion are by far the best band to appear since 1980.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-28 00:42 by Halup.

Date: January 28, 2006 00:55

Halup Wrote:

> Rickster, you have completely misinterpreted
> Bono's comments and created a thread that never
> should have existed. Of course U2 is not going to
> make a hip hop album. None of the guys are stupid
> enough to undertake something like that at the
> risk of losing their audience. Here is what Bono
> actually said:
>
>
> "I happen to be in really a truly great band, and
> experimentation has been the lifeblood of this
> band. We of course will look and are looking
> across at hip hop and see the amazing innovation
> in the studio...I don't know where we're going to
> go with all our new information and all our new
> friends...but it will be somewhere very special or
> you won't hear about it, because there's no reason
> for you to put out an album now unless its very
> special. You know, we don't need the cash."
>
>
> If you notice, nowhere does Bono say they are
> going to make a hip hop album. All he refers to is
> the innovation occuring in the studio on hip hop
> recordings and wanting to take that spark that he
> feels is happening in the recording process for
> that music into influcening further innovation for
> U2.
>
> It's amazing how often people on this site
> misquote Bono, especially when it comes to his
> comments about the Stones. The Stones and U2 are
> great friends of each other. Bono and The Edge
> have always expressed their admiration for them
> and they even go to Stones shows. I talked to The
> Edge at the Hollywood Bowl show on November 6th,
> the same show that Bjornulf indicated in his post
> where he was seated right next to Edge.
>
> The fact is U2 love the Stones. Bono has gone on
> record saying he loves the 90s Stones albums, the
> same ones that many so called Stones fans on this
> site love to rip on.
>
> It's also a fact that the Stones love U2. The
> great idea for the bstage at Stones concerts came
> directly from Mick attending U2 concerts and
> loving the idea. While in Los Angeles in 1997
> recording Bridges, Mick went to see U2 in San
> Diego in late April 97. He has admitted to liking
> how U2 used the bstage and decided based on that,
> that the Stones would incorporate that into the
> Bridges stage.
>
> Personally I love the Stones, but have no interest
> in other bands that try to sound like them, like
> the Black Crowes. I love U2 because they sound
> nothing like the Stones and in my opinion are by
> far the best band to appear since 1980.
>
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 01/28/06 00:42 by
> Halup.

Love what you had to say :-)

You can't compare the two bands. I always hated the Beatles vs. RS arguement for best band of all time...once again, apples and oranges. They're both great in their own context.

You can hardly knock Bono too much...like I said, he can be pretentious, but he does do a lot of humanitarian work. I've saw him speak on a AIDS panel once, and he does know his info. And it's an ongoing job too...not just something he does fundraising for a few weekends of the year.

Date: January 28, 2006 01:29

ginger1981 Wrote:
> Halup Wrote:

> Love what you had to say :-)
>
> You can't compare the two bands. I always hated
> the Beatles vs. RS arguement for best band of all
> time...once again, apples and oranges. They're
> both great in their own context.
>
> You can hardly knock Bono too much...like I said,
> he can be pretentious, but he does do a lot of
> humanitarian work. I've saw him speak on a AIDS
> panel once, and he does know his info. And it's
> an ongoing job too...not just something he does
> fundraising for a few weekends of the year.
>

I also hate all the stupid arguments. I'm a huge Beatles fan also and I don't see any reason why I cannot like all these different bands. They all are amongst the best acts ever.

It sometimes feels like this and other Stones sites are filled with 12-15 year olds and we've been transported back to 1964-65, where you cannot be a Beatles fan if you're a Stones fan. It's all so silly and petty.

From what I've noticed, the major reasons that some Stones fans hate U2 are based either on the fact that they are the biggest competition to the Stones on the concert circuit and the "real" Stones fans feel threatened that U2 could out gross their band, or that a lot of Stones fans buy into the perceived "danger" connected with the Stones.

A lot of people seem to idolize the hedonistic lifestyle that the Stones lived and love the Stones for their image more than for the fact they've created some of the best music ever. When someone like Bono makes a lot of news for actually doing the opposite of hedonism and trying to help the world, it comes accross as the ultimate uncool to these people who want their rock stars to only be drugged out and non caring about anything other than themselves. What a complete joke.

Some Stones fans just hate U2 because their based is not really based in the blues. This just makes these fans appear to have one dimensional music tastes.

From U2 fans that dislike the Stones, it is almost entirely coming from young 15-25 year old fans who just attack the Stones for still being a band in their 60s. This is just a joke as well, because if someone enjoys doing the job they do, why should they feel any societal pressure to have to stop just because they've reached a certain age. When these people are in their 50s and 60s, I'm sure they will still want to feel vital and be able to work, to not lose their jobs just because some 20 year old could be hired in their place.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-28 01:31 by Halup.

Date: January 28, 2006 03:14

i never said there was bad blood between the Stones and U2. In fact Bono was on stage with them at least once during the licks tour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1677
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home