Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Do the Stones really read these?
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: January 26, 2006 16:18

I'm relatively new to this forum and enjoy reading thoughts from other fans. I have been curious if Mick and the boys ever read the posts, or better yet, if they actually participate under a pseudonym. I read a recent post from "bv" in which he stated, "If I send a warning - that might be to Mick Jagger or anyone - I don't care who you are - and I get my e-mail in return because you are hiding behind a hotmail..."

So, was that just a hypothetical example or does Mick participate in this forum?

Re: Do the Stones really read these?
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: January 26, 2006 16:22

Mick logs in about 2 hours a day. We asked him to play JJF this tour & sure enough he did!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-26 16:37 by Potted Shrimp.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 26, 2006 16:22

Here's what I think: BV gets money from the organisation or at least the chance to meet the Stones now and then. Thus he has to keep the forum clean from criticism and mostly write about how wonderful their concerts are. Also Ronnie has to be supported which is really weird.

Date: January 26, 2006 16:23

And please dont ban me BV, just say Im wrong and I believe you. Don't be upset.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 26, 2006 16:29

Recent set-list changes would certainly hint/indicate
that peoples within the Stones
organisation, read fan sites, to gain reaction.

With regard, to the active participation, of The Stones themselves on forum boards, my suggestion would be to adopt a "process of elimination" tact.

If someone is posting on here, whilst the Stones are onstage... you can be sure it's not Mick, Keith, Ronnie or Charlie that are posting.

(that's until someone posts a grainy photo, of Mick onstage, holding a lap-top)

Date: January 26, 2006 16:31

Maybe I should say that if BV is hired in some way there is nothing wrong in that. The IORR magazine is good and maybe we wouldnt have this site.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 26, 2006 16:35

Potted Shrimp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mick logs in about 2 hours a day. We aske dhim to
> play JJF this tour & sure enough he did!
>
> Meg dumped me for David Letterman.

Great!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 26, 2006 16:41

Potted Shrimp Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> Mick logs in about 2 hours a day.

yeah- he's been posting some controversial Mick Taylor threads,
until very recently...

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: January 26, 2006 16:54

Sure the boys will read these messages with all the "hate/love Ronnie", "hate/love M.T.", "hate/love this or that song", "hate/love this or that album" and "please don't ban me"contents.

That's the real reason they don't change their setlists very offen, and when, only a little. They don't want to surprise us too much with unexpected songs ... ;-)

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: January 26, 2006 16:56

Please play "It's All Over Now", "Time is On My Side", "Let's Spend the Night Together", and "Around and Around" in Omaha. :-]

Help Hotels in Gothenburg
Posted by: Per-Anton ()
Date: January 26, 2006 17:26

where can i find avalible rooms in gothenburg 9-12 jun
Per-Anton Johansson

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 26, 2006 17:28

Hey P-A; you´d better click on New Topic on Main side,
and make this postin a new thread.

I´m sure they check it out. At least Mick, maybe Chuckie.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: January 26, 2006 17:37

I think they do read this board or at least one of thier people does. I wined and moaned about atlanta getting jipped on the past couple tours and low and behold we now have a second show. And I am Grateful!!! Was it because I asked for it and the stones delivered ...doubtful, but maybe the fans collectively wanting it and the externalities lining up. Now fix the sound at philips. The guitars were muffled but the rest of the band sounded great. And play more of abb.

Go Dawgs!!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 26, 2006 17:40

Here's a pic: [www.calendarlive.com]

The whiteboard on the back has all the requests from the boards grinning smiley

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: January 26, 2006 17:40

Only if they're sad, lonely and bored!!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 26, 2006 17:46

Yes of course the Stones visit all major sources of information about their music and activities. Some people try to offend me by implying I am paid by the Stones or I am under control of the Stones. The truth is I am not popular at all in the organization because I bring lots of secrets out to the fans on IORR long time before they were supposed to be published, like show dates, where they play, what they do, crowd figures, how the new stage looks like and many other similar news. Or just read the new IORR issue and the rarities review. Not very welcome by Stones PR. The fact is they want to control all PR but IORR is only under control of me. IORR is a non-profit independent fan club made by fans for fans. And some rumours are telling I get free tickets from the Stones. Well that would make my day. My economy and my private life including where I go, what I do, who I talk to, my tickets and where I fly and all of that is totally private and not public but I will tell you I pay for every ticket and every flight and every hotel room and every meal I have out of my private pocket and anyone who even try to say the opposite is either ignorant stupid or simply evil. I have to admit I got one free beer at Mustang Harry and one free beer at Walters (thank you very muck) from friends that's all for the entire tour so far but unfortunately that does not show up significantly on my budgets and I don't see it as corruption. And that is as much as I would accept in total anyway. I like to be talking care of myself. This is as much as I am going to discuss about my connection to the Stones and other private matters and this does not mean you can copy and paste what I say here into other places or use this as a mean of discussing or even using what I say as this is my final and only comment on this matter thank you. PS. It is low life to say I am paid in any way. How can anyone even get to think that way? It must surely come from somewhere as it is untrue, and unless you are evil or simly stupid I am trying to understand. Envy? I would accept an appology as I am a real private person and not just anyone you can use and accuse and discuss openly.

Bjornulf

Date: January 26, 2006 17:54

Based on the replies I am assuming no one really knows. Right bv? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. My opinion is that they don't read these posts. Any appearance that a set list has been modified or that a concert venue has been added as a result of fan requests is purely coincidental, in my opinion. I personally don't think they give a rat's ass, and who can blame them? They can go into the studio and fart into a microphone for 20 minutes and we'd still buy the album, right? So why waste your time seeing what the little people think?

Date: January 26, 2006 18:08

Hey bv,
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your comments about the Stones visiting "all major sources of information." Now, at the risk of being a little too nosy, or pushy, please let me ask, do you know for a fact that someone from The Stones actually reads these posts? Thanks. Honestly, I'm just curious.

Now, to those of you suggesting that bv is somehow receiving freebies, I think you may have offended him. ya think?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 26, 2006 18:30

Of course they read IORR. Not every post and not every day but I know for a fact.

Bjornulf

Date: January 26, 2006 18:38

Thank you, bv, you are most gracious to reply to my question. And, I stand corrected, thankfully. I really wanted to believe that the Stones do care. Pardon my previous bout of cynicism.

Luke

Date: January 26, 2006 20:29

Ok yesterday in this forum a fan requested (or rather demanded along with threats of slapping Chuck) that the Stones play either "Sway," "Memory Motel," or "Worried About You" at the show last night, and guess what? They played Memory Motel. Coincidence? Hmmm...

(Also a reviewer of the Monday show made the same comment about those same three songs.)

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: January 26, 2006 20:43

I doubt that any of the Stones themselves, other than Mick, even really go online, other than to perhaps check emails form family and friends. That said, BV has created the best source of information for fans about the Stones' professional lives, so of course people within the Stones organization would on occasion look at this site. Perhaps Chuck, who writes on his own webiste, looks on here to get a feeling on how fans feel about the setlists and keeps this in mind when he prepares the setlists with Mick.

I know for a fact Don Was has been on IORR. I talked to Don after the final night of mixing A Bigger Bang at Ocean Way studio on June 28. After a friend and I were able to spend a couple minutes with Keith as he left, Don came out and talked about the album with us. He played us She Saw Me Coming, which was the song they had just finsihed that night. I asked Don if he didn't mind, I would report on this to IORR. He was fully aware of the site, as well as other Stones sites, and gave me the ok. In Don has spent time on this site, I'm sure many others connected with the Stones, including Mick himself, have been on here.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 26, 2006 20:46

I guess y'all didn't realize that Mick's handle is actually "StonesTod" - yeah, he trolls here and posts idiotic remarks once in awhile....

Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: January 26, 2006 21:01

it'funny this question has aleady been asked quite offten. especially be the new ones.
i opend such a thread too.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: January 26, 2006 21:06

maybe i'm wrong but a lot of people on this board were complaining about keith set and then: this place is empty and happy! is it a coincidence? Maybe if we start once again he'll sing little t&a! kiddin'!

Date: January 26, 2006 22:10

Hey Monkey Man,
I've observed comments in this forum from time to time as though a Rolling Stone may be among us, in disguise of course. The thought intrigued me. So, you started a similar thread? I hope you got nice replies as I have.

Later.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: January 26, 2006 22:26

I asked Mick to reduce ticket prices and he ignored me completely.

Posted by: gut ()
Date: January 26, 2006 22:45

=======Do the Stones really read these?======

I've wondered so also but the sad answer is obviously not. If so, they would not have made such horrible mis-steps as "Rarities" or improperly market ABB to American soap operas and sporting events.

The ultimate answer is THEY SHOULD READ THESE. The'd be better off professionally if they did.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Date: January 26, 2006 22:50

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course they read IORR. Not every post and not
> every day but I know for a fact.
>
> Bjornulf

Then that explains why Open G is banned?

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: January 27, 2006 00:22

BV,

how do you find the time to have a life (family, job etc.) AND constantly maintain this site? There are no ads, so i assume this does not generate any income for you. i am not suggesting anything untoward. I love the site and thank you for it, but i just dont see how you find the time to keep it running so well.

By the way, if the Stones tossed you a ticket no and then, i see no harm in that! Its the least they could do for basically runing the 2000s version of a fan club for them, gratis.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2447
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home