Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Any Confirmation Yet On Next Single?
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: January 24, 2006 16:45

Has anyone heard confirmation (or even speculation) yet if there will be a follow-up single to "Rain Fall Down"? If so, which track, when will it happen, and what else will the single include?

Thanks and cheers!

Re: Any Confirmation Yet On Next Single?
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: January 24, 2006 16:58

Is there going to be another single?!?!?!
I don't really see the point in doing so.

I never really understood the concept behind the stones marketing of a new cd and the singles.
You would think they have the best people in the business to promote it but i personally never see the result. Maybe it's because i live in Holland and not in the states but still, Holland is comparison a big market for them. They always sell a lot of cd's here and there are a lot of people attending the concerts, well maybe not this tour but you catch my drift.
From what i have heard is that the video for Streets of Love was recorded a long time after it was released and i think the next single was about to be released. I would think that that sort of stuff is perfectly planned. If you at U2, now i don't make a musical comparison only a marketing comparison before people start that subject again, they have a perfectly working marketing system behinf there cd's. On the Vertigo tour they released the song Vertigo in the US as the first single because the tour started there and that was there opening song, sort of theme song for the tour. In Europe they released Beautifull day as a first single and then when the tour started here they released Vertigo in Europe. Everybody was singing the "woehoe" part of that song in the train to the concert.
On there last tour they teamed up with a mp3 player type of company to promote there music and there seletion of singles was ones again perfect. Good video's released at the right time to promote them. It all made sence.

Maybe it was not what you were asking for but i studie marketing and i find there marketing interesting but difficult to understand.
Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: January 24, 2006 18:35

I would guess that it is still a couple of months away if there is going to be one.Saint Of Me was issued as a single in early 1998,about three and a half months after Bridges To Babylon and then the Out Of Control single came out well into '98.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 24, 2006 18:42

The next single will be released shortly before the European tour starts, I guess. Lots of attention from the press and radio stations garanteed, a new single might work.

Posted by: KYdavid ()
Date: January 24, 2006 19:22

the public radio station ear in louisville KY has been playing the hell out of "She Saw Me Cumming" lately. I thought it was the new single. Then again last month they were playing th hell out of "Infamy". It's a great station that you can get streaming on the net "WFPK" They even featured "ABB" as the album of the week when it came out. The best is that I never heard that obnoxious soap opera tune streets of what ever! Ckeck then out sometime. They have a great blues party on friday's and saturday's, and what they call "The Dirty Soul Party on thursday's.

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: January 24, 2006 20:20

They need to quit w/ the singles at least in the States. Do Paul Mac and Neil Young bother w/ singles?

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 25, 2006 00:32

If there's a 3rd single, let me suggest She Saw Me Coming or Let Me Down Slow or even Infamy are the ones to pick it from.

McCartney had two singles from his Chaos and Creation album so far, and Neil Young doesn't write singles anymore.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 25, 2006 05:44

So far, four songs from ABB charted between UK & US, three on Billboard's charts:

Streets Of Love (UK #15)
Rough Justice (Billboard Mainstream Rock #25)
ONNYA (Billboard Mainstream Rock #34)
Rain Fall Down (UK #33 / Billboard Hot Dance Singles #32 and peaking)

I don't think that they will release another single in US because RFD will be on the dance chart for a while, the Super Bowl will be the final push for the album and the tour will be done in a month and half.
A new European single is very probable, but not before of June.

Date: January 25, 2006 12:50

And I hope it's gonna be Oh No Not You Again! With concert footage in the video, released just before the Stones hit Europe.

Date: January 25, 2006 13:06

<And I hope it's gonna be Oh No Not You Again! With concert footage in the video, released just before the Stones hit Europe>

ONNYA (Billboard Mainstream Rock #34)

Date: January 25, 2006 13:08

Wasn't released in Europe.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 25, 2006 16:57

I think it will be 'She saw me CUMMIN'

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: January 25, 2006 17:08

ONNYA charted without being an actual single? That's good news for the band.

Personally, if there is to be another single (be it just in Europe or worldwide), I'd hope for "Laugh, I Nearly Died". It's still the gem of the album in my books.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Date: January 25, 2006 18:10

I'm all for singles regardless of how high they chart if they include non-album material.I was disappointed that the last two live albums didn't have any singles with non-album tracks.I was hoping for Dance Pt.1 live on cd and maybe 19th Nervous Breakdown and Crazy Mama from '98.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2192
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home