Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Which songs would you like to see on the next live album?
Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: January 23, 2006 23:20

Hello there, I’m new to this message board, I‘ve been lurking around for some time and I love it. Not only did I find some great live versions of songs but I see this place has some big fans of the Stones. Awesome!

Anyway, I’m guessing that The Stones will release a live album after the tour is over. I know they still got some shows to play and might add new dates and therefore some new songs but I think we can have a pretty good idea of which songs may end on this album (if they release it). So please tell me which songs you would like to see on The Rolling Stones’ next live album. Here’s me:

01. Rough Justice – Great song to open the album and to announce that this is the live album from the Stones’ A Bigger Bang Tour.

02. Bitch – I think this is the perfect song to follow Rough Justice cause it has that same kind of party feel and keeps the vibe way up. Plus it’s more than time to have this one on a live album.

03. Tumbling Dice – Last live version of this classic is from Love You live, I think it’s time for it again. The Love You Live version doesn’t have the horns at the end, this one would. I love those horns at the end of Dice.

04. Streets Of Love – I know they haven’t played this one live yet but it’s a single and it’s a great song, in my opinion at least. I think it would work great live with all the people singing the chorus with Mick. Really hope they start playing it.

05. Rain Fall Down – Reports say that this song is really working well live and the crowd seems to be loving it. I heard it live once on the Internet and I liked it.

06. She’s So Cold – I never had the pleasure of hearing this one live but I think it’s so cool that they brought it back to the set, the reports that I read on it said that it’s sounding great.

07. Night Time Is The Right Time – They always seem to add one or two covers to the live albums and I guess this one would be it.

08. As Tears Go By – I think it’s cool that they are doing this one. Just like they usually have a cover they usually have a rarity on the live albums this one would be perfect.

09. Infamy – Gotta have that Keith tune somewhere and I choose this one.

10. Oh No, Not You Again – One of the best songs off A Bigger Bang and a classic Stones kind of song. Can’t wait to hear it.

11. Get Off Of My Cloud – I love this song (specially the chorus) and I think it’s awesome that they are doing it live. Just like Bitch it’s more than time to have a full on live version of this song on a live album.

12. Back Of My Hand – I know they didn’t played it much but it’s such a great blues song and I read that it sounded great live. Really hope they add it to the live album and I hope it has some kind of blues intro like they do it for Midnight Rambler.

13. Sympathy For The Devil – Last version of this one is from Flashpoint, some 15 years ago. It’s time to have it back and it would be cool to end the live album with Sympathy For The Devil as song number thirteen.

Re: Which songs would you like to see on the next live album?
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: January 23, 2006 23:32

1) Intro
2) Start Me Up
3) Oh No, Not You Again
4) She's So Cold
5) Bitch
6) Rain Fall Down
7) As Tears Go By
8) Mr. Pitiful
9) Night Time
10) This Place is Empty
11) Rough Justice
12) All Down the Line
13) Get Off My Cloud
14) Satisfaction

15 and 16= NEW SONGS

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: January 23, 2006 23:35

I'd pick in no particular order:

As Tears Go By
She's So Cold
Oh No, Not You Again
Get Off Of My Cloud
Night Time
Rain Fall Down
Rough Justice
Infamy
Back Of My Hand
SFTD

I have no idea what else they'll put on it if one is put out. And out of the 5 Bigger Bang tunes, I figure that only 2 maybe 3 will be put on this album. I think that they should put out a "greatest hits/live album" from various live albums. Stuff like JJF from Ya-Ya's along with Satisfaction from either Still Life or Flashpoint, etc, etc. Just a thought. smiling smiley

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: January 23, 2006 23:44

Also in no particular order:

Rough Justice
Oh No Not You Again
Biggest Mistake
Rain Fall Down
Driving Too Fast
She's So Cold
This Place Is Empty
Infamy
Back Of My Hand
Sway
Midnight Rambler
Night Time Is The Right Time
Let Me Down Slow
She Saw Me Coming
Laugh, I Nearly Died
Get Up Stand Up

O yeah, it must be an arena-recording. Remembering the Four Flicks dvd that the MSG gig being the best sounding!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 23, 2006 23:44

I don´t want a next live album, really.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: January 23, 2006 23:47

1. Rough Justice
2. Let's Spend The Night Together
3. Bitch
4. Rain Fall Down
5. Love Is Strong
6. Sway
7. Heartbreaker
8. Oh No Not You Again
9. Streets Of Love ( i know they're going to do it one of these days)
10. Tumbling Dice
11. Sympathy
12. Shattered
13. This Place Is Empty
14. She's So Cold
15. Jumping Jack Flash
16. Back Of My Hand (bonus track)

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: January 23, 2006 23:52

think keith the best did a good job. i'd only rip infamy (c'mon just one keith song everything but not infamy please!!!), sympathy for the devil (overplayed and overrecorded), and get off of my cloud.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 23, 2006 23:55

For a brief moment, I thought it was Keith sneaking on Jaggers computer, looking for advices. I'm so naive and innocent.

Date: January 24, 2006 00:10

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For a brief moment, I thought it was Keith
> sneaking on Jaggers computer, looking for advices.
> I'm so naive and innocent.

I have my own computer, sonny. winking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 24, 2006 00:14

None

a new live album is the last thing I want to hear from the Stones. They're pointless

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 24, 2006 00:48

In this day and age, I would think that the last thing we need is another live album. I would like one hot stadium show (Hershey? I dunno, I wasn't there), from opening film to final fireworks, complete, uncut, unedited and in impeccable 5.1 surround.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 24, 2006 00:49

ON DVD, that is.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 24, 2006 00:57

Oh no not a new live album!!!!Only bootlegs bit Ilike it!

Date: January 24, 2006 00:58

I think they will release a live album with a few songs and a DVD of a complete show. And if we are REALLY lucky they will release the live album and TWO DVDS with different setlists. That would be awesome!

Posted by: ROADRUNNER ()
Date: January 24, 2006 01:31

(xcuse my english)

I hope there no will be another live.
Too many lives don't you thnik?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 24, 2006 01:47

your track list looks pretty good, Keith the Beast! but i need at least two Keith LV turns, so let's have Infamy *and* This Place, okay?
and since they just released a "semi-concert" version of Tumbling Dice on Rarities, i reckon they'll go with something else instead.
for example ... She Saw Me Coming

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: theboys ()
Date: January 24, 2006 02:04

yeah, some of these setlist suggestions for a live album are pretty good. I just think it can't be the predictable warhorse-already-done-a million-times stuff again. Just deep cool blusey surprises (Back of My Hand, Sway, Worried About You) - why not?, the only people to purchase a stones live CD are stones dyed-in-the-wool fans anyways, taylor it towards them, not the masses that might think they want to hear Satisfaction live in 2006, be creative is the ticket. Otherwise, back in the studio and work hard on a ABB follow up that gonna f-ing blow all the nay-sayers away. That's a whole nother post that going around - studio album that rivals Exile or Some Girls - that's a challange, why not?????????

Here's hoping the stones are well received at what appears to be a pretty good and entertaining Super Bowl - kick it, be down & dirty, don't play any ho-hum happy-pussy-footing-stuff. . . .good luck.

Suck on the Jugular!!!!

Date: January 24, 2006 03:19

I think the idea since the Voodoo Lounge Tour was for the band to put live records with more of the rare stuff and less of the hits. I mean Stripped and No Security were filled with older songs that people didn't really expected, like Sweet Virginia, The Spider And The Fly, Not Fade Away, Live With Me, Respectable, The Last Time. They had to put the good old hits on the Live Licks album because that tour was about them in a way. It was about the band kicking ass for 40 years. But the second cd on that album is kinda of what I think we're gonna see on the next live release. I don't think they will add more versions of Satisfaction, Start Me Up, Honky Tonk Woman, Brown Sugar and so on. I think we will see songs like She's So Cold, All Down The Line, Get Off Of My Cloud, Bitch.... I think they will continue with that idea. And if they do then putting a live album out is definitely worthy in my opinion.

Date: January 24, 2006 04:05

I can't think of a good reason not to put out another live album.The Stones are recording artists and that's what they're supposed to do - put out recordings - live and studio.I hope for songs that haven't yet appeared on live albums.If there is one there will probably be a couple of warhorses.I would definitely like a modern live version of Midnight Rambler on an official cd & it's been 15 years for Jumping Jack Flash.Other than that,it should be rare songs.I wish that they would put in the effort to find quality performances that don't need as much touching up or at least use versions that they didn't totally mess up on (Rocks Off,If You Can't Rock Me '03).

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: January 24, 2006 04:34

1 Brown Sugar
2 Bitch
3 Gimmie Shelte
4 All DOwn the LIne
5 Sweet Virginia
6 DOn't Lie to Me
7 Bye BYe Johnnie
8 Love in Vain
9 YCAGWYW
10 Midinght Ramb
11 Rip This Joint
12 JJF
13 Street Fightin Man
14 Honky Tonk Women
15 Angie
16 D w Mr D
17 Heartbreaker
18 Deadflowrers
19 Rocks Off

ALL FROM 72/73

Oh you mean from 05/06?........Nothing

Posted by: troubador ()
Date: January 24, 2006 04:45

Theyve been playing ferocious versions of Midnight Rambler at just about every venue they play it at. It's got to go on the disc.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 24, 2006 05:34

None. Why release another live commerical flop? I'll buy good bootlegs of various shows.

Posted by: charles wattage ()
Date: January 24, 2006 05:42

1-JJF
2-IORR
3-She's so cold
4-Rough Justice
5-As tears go by
6-Rocks Off
7-Aint to proud to beg
8-Angie
9-Night time is the right time
10-Tumblin' Dice
11-Infamy
12-Oh no not you again
13-Get off my cloud
14-You can't always get what you want

Date: January 24, 2006 05:52

40,000 copies sold is better than zero.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 24, 2006 07:03

The only reason I can think of for them not to release a live album is because they always overdub the live albums to death so that they are not truly live anymore. If they would release a live album with no overdubs, I'd welcome it. Bootlegs are fine and all, but the sound quality on some of them ranges from mediocre to terrible.

I'd personally like them to see them release a three or four disc set with one version (the best version) of each and every song they have played on this tour. With no overdubs. I'm going to make a compilation like this myself when the tour is over, but if they released something like this it would save me a lot of downloading and compiling. Not to mention it would probably sound a lot better than the one I'll end up making from boots.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 24, 2006 07:19

Theif in the Night Wrote:
> 40,000 copies sold is better than zero.

no its not because if they sell no albums by not releasing one in the first place theres no humiliation involved in it selling badly and them being lambasted for being another pointless release

Selling a few thousand copies of a stupid release is no justification for putting a record out. By that yardstick, if they released a CD consisting of them breaking wind, then if 500 idiots buy it does that makes it a worthwhile release because its better than no one buying it at all?

Theres such a thing as quality control. the greatest rock n roll band in the world should have high standards

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 24, 2006 07:27

Believe it or not, they're still making money from Live Licks. It's still selling 2,000 copies each week in UK (#133 on this week chart) and it's a steady catalog seller on various countries as Spain, Argentina and France.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 24, 2006 11:39

georgelicks Wrote:
> Believe it or not, they're still making money from
> Live Licks. It's still selling 2,000 copies each
> week in UK (#133 on this week chart)

that's because, you can snap it up, in the big HMV January sale, for £5.99.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: January 24, 2006 14:23

A 63:25 min version of You Can't Always Ghet Wat You Whant.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 24, 2006 14:52

Its always nice to have a live album,particularly when there is a dvd involved too.Maybe they should just stick to dvd formats.

Live albums or live dvds are far from pointless.They are a record of the bands performances,irrespective of how much they sell.

But to answer the question,I would love to see :

As tears go by
Sway
Ain't to proud to beg
Rain fall down
All down the line
Love is strong
This place is empty

And any other gems we might get

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1123
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home