Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: MSG 06 "Let's Spend The Night Together" mp3
Posted by: Messhead ()
Date: January 21, 2006 03:30

Is anyone suggesting that the solo was out of key? It wasn't. If his licks let you down, well that's opinion I guess. He did not play out of key or out of tune, though. In fact it's quite tasty the way Keith and Ron have always used minor blues in songs where you expect major key (first half of the classic HTW solo, for example). He didn't even bend a note out of pitch. I just don't get where the out of key thing comes from on this solo.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: January 21, 2006 03:33

I don't think anyone said it's out of key - but it's completely out of pace. I'm a great fan of Woody's raggedness, but now all this noise and delayed notes seem pure mess. Many of his old - super cool - blue notes now sound to me like false notes. He used to be this amazing hybrid of a rhythm and a solo player, now - can anyone honestly say that this solo has any dynamic at all?

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: January 21, 2006 03:33

I think LIS is a great song... not so much live, but awesome on the album. Wasn't it Mathijs who trashed it for not having a standard bridge/guitar solo? God forbid something is not textbook. But yes, that wasn't so great live, I'll give you that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-21 03:34 by Some Girl.

Posted by: clari55 ()
Date: January 21, 2006 03:42

????
WAY is not bad, at all, really... If u trash this, what do you with RW really playing a bad solo - like a bad Tumblin Dice f.i.. I was always reading all the criticism, being split in between opinions, etc. Frankly, reading here that some ppl call his performance shitty or sg similar after allegedly having listened to his playing at the end of LIS and the solo + later fills on WAY just made me make up my mind: with all due respect, ppl who moan about Ronnie based on these recordings (as opposed to others who moan only when he really butchers sg on an off night) surely are just here to tease us. Or they just hate Ron Wood - which is fair enough, none of my business really, but why here?
C55

Posted by: clari55 ()
Date: January 21, 2006 03:49

OK, let me go back on 1 thg: 1 major f-up in WAY solo. Granted. But the part when Ron plays like water breaking up from a well, sounds like the silky-shiny splash of water, for lack of better words. Just when the second movement of the solo starts. Either that, or the joint was too big.
C55

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: January 21, 2006 04:02

why do you think they must play like studio versions??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, i REALLY LOVE how they play live, if you dont like it just listen to the studio version and shut up, im so @#$%& tired to read stupids opinions like this.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: January 21, 2006 19:11

Would somebody please kindly post the following to make it complete:

Respectable - Boston 2006
Sway - MSG 2006
Aint too proud to beg - MSG 2006

Thanks!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Man, that show last night was great!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 21, 2006 19:39

Still ´avent ´eard LIS; but I KNOW for sure I wont agree with Mathijs.
I never do.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 21, 2006 19:39

And Günther is King. You´re the Man! All luck!!!

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: January 21, 2006 19:50

Worried ABout You- Ronnies solo, two words awful, lazy. Gimmie Shelter is weak. Mick is somehow still at (or back to) his peak live. CHarlie has never losta step. The shows are great- almost like the Wizard of OZ, but when you pull back the curtain and just listen to what has been played.....well........MT, MT, MT , MT we want MT, we want MT........................

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: January 21, 2006 20:33

Big Frankie,

Are you THE Big Frank from Chicago? I loved your cd's! The show last night in the Garden was great. Trust me!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: January 21, 2006 21:05

I love Ronnies WAY solo. Granted, he did have that one big fart, but between the tone, the bends, and then the little flourishes . . . when he's on, he's still the greasiest player in rock.

To tell you the truth, it's Keith's solos that don't do it for me these days. Standard Chuck Berry licks with no dexterity or creativity played on the hollow body Gibson, which I think is too warm-sounding to really get that "bite". I wish, at least on the standard six-string rockers, he'd play more Tele. That cream one with the rosewood fretboard sounded great on the Bridges tour.

For what it's worth, I'm really digging Charlie's flub on "Gimme Shelter". What'd he do - drop a stick? I was there but by the time I looked, he'd recovered.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: January 21, 2006 21:54

Thanks,Rain Falls Down is great,really funky.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 21, 2006 22:54

I don't know, so many classic rockers go for the tele, many of them not nearly as cool as keith... I think it's fitting that he's gone back to mixing it up and playing his fair share of gibsons.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 22, 2006 01:50

Thanks!Some great stuff!Love is Strong is amazing and sounds great live,love that harmonica.
Ronnie sounds great on Worried about you.

No doubt about it these guys are getting better with age.Who the hell was Mick Talyor anyhow?

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: January 22, 2006 02:01

Thank you kindly G.! smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 22, 2006 02:06

Mathijs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bassplayer617 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Mathijs, how did YOU do on your most recent
> gig?
> > You're coming off like nothing more than a
> very
> > bitter and sad individual.
>
>
> Well, it was absolutely great! We played last
> week, and it was thrilling to play with the old
> band again. In fact, I think we played better than
> ever, as there wasn't any tension or anything,
> just a couple of guys having fun. And, no one of
> us sounded like Ron Wood at the MSG -we all
> remembered what song to play, in what key to play
> it, which scale would be best, and we all left our
> digital distortion pedals at home, where it
> belongs.
>
> If you think Wood played a good solo on Worried:
> you must be deaf, dumb and blind.
>
> Mathijs
>

I am deaf, dumb and blind, but in my defense I sure play a mean pinball. Ooops, wrong fan site. Seriously, no one has ever claimed that the Stones are note perfect. That's part of their appeal as far as I'm concerened.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 22, 2006 02:10

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> >
> I am deaf, dumb and blind, but in my defense I
> sure play a mean pinball.
>

That's funny, man. I started to post that same message. Thanks.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 22, 2006 02:15

bassplayer617 Wrote:
> ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
> > I am deaf, dumb and blind, but in my defense
> I
> > sure play a mean pinball.
> >
>
>
> That's funny, man. I started to post that same
> message. Thanks.
>

Anyone who doubts I am blind should listen closely to the between songs chatter on Drake's Memphis boot. I'm not, but listen to the exchange, it is hilarious. Drake and I got our tickets upgraded in Memphis because we claimed we were hearing-impaired. Imagine where they will put us when I tell them I'm blind! I am packing my sunglasses and seeing-eye dog as we speak. And it's not easy, as you'd know if you ever tried to stuff a 50-lb dog into a suitcase!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: January 22, 2006 02:38

stargroover says: "Love is Strong is amazing and sounds great live, love that harmonica. Ronnie sounds great on Worried Ábout Õou".

JuanTCB says: "I love Ronnies WAY solo".

Sssssss, boys... Justice Mathijs will find you guilties: "deafs, dumbs and blinds"... Maybe Justice Mathijs will mitigate the punishment if you admit that his band is better than the Stones...

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: January 22, 2006 03:38

Charles Wrote:
> Big Frankie,
>
> Are you THE Big Frank from Chicago? I loved your
> cd's! The show last night in the Garden was
> great. Trust me!
>
> Charles Baudelaire
> 1821-1869

He Charles. You mean THE Big Frankie thats sells CD-rs from Chicago for 9.99 on Ebay. THAT Big Frankie??????

Welll........I know the guy, but it's not me!!!!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 22, 2006 12:49

Dear mr taylor,didnt want to do it anymore...he sure was damm good...he s out of the game....Ilove his guitar..playing on...Dont fall apart on me tonight...with Bob Dylan.He wont come back!!Woody will!!!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home