Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Would you prefer fall tour or new album?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 20, 2006 23:17

Chas:

Absolutely - with the lack of originality in the setlist this tour, and the lack of public interest in recent live albums, it would be almost shocking if the boys put out an ABB tour live album. More shocking would be if anyone bought it.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 20, 2006 23:47

StonesTod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I would prefer a new album. I love the Stones
> but
> > it doesn't really matter me if they tour or
> not.
>
> but you're success with taping their albums isn't
> nearly as good as with their shows, Dan....
>

If I can do 3 shows on less than a hundred bucks and come away with one good tape next time then I would say tour. But they don't really excite me in the least anymore. I just go out of habit and if another band I like comes along with $20 tickets then I would pass up the Stones in a heartbeat.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: January 21, 2006 00:59

I'd certainly buy a live album from this tour, hearing what smoking versions they gave of:

All Down the Line,
MrPitiful,
Night Time,
Shattered,
Sympathy,
Back of my hand,
Rain Fall Down...

Only overdub some guitars and I'll be fine.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: January 21, 2006 01:16

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 01:30 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: January 21, 2006 01:48

How about a nice great big coffee table book of all their tours? lol No seriously, I'd like a fall tour with maybe one or two more shows in Toronto. Don't know if they're ready to go back in the studio yet to record another album. Although they could record an album of covers by some of today's hottest artists! They could do that All These Things That I've Done song by the Killers! That would sound cool! smiling smiley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 21, 2006 02:04

I don't see a new album before of 2008 or 2009, if we get one.
I can't see a tour before of 2008 too, again if we get one.

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: January 21, 2006 02:35

No more monster tours. Small shows and definitely a new album by Spring 07.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 21, 2006 08:24

Look... the Stones are just way past their prime song-writing days but they are in prime live concert days.... I vote for more concerts..

EXAMPLE: Look at the Chili Peppers... they just banged out 36 songs for a 3-album series produced by Rick Rubin...

Then they trimmed it down to around 24 songs on a double CD due out in April of this year.

Now THATS songwriting... they're in their prime to do it... the Stones are far past prime.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: Treesnake2000 ()
Date: January 21, 2006 09:22

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look... the Stones are just way past their prime
> song-writing days but they are in prime live
> concert days.... I vote for more concerts..
>
> EXAMPLE: Look at the Chili Peppers... they just
> banged out 36 songs for a 3-album series produced
> by Rick Rubin...
>
> Then they trimmed it down to around 24 songs on a
> double CD due out in April of this year.
>
> Now THATS songwriting... they're in their prime to
> do it... the Stones are far past prime.
>
> "It's just that demon life has got me in it's
> sway..."

The only thing worse than a new RHCP album is a new RHCP DOUBLE album. Just more of the same VH1 garbage like "By the Way," "Scar Tissue," and "Californication," I'm sure. And then Anthony Kiedis has the balls to say something like, "We could drive in limos and private jets all day long, and we'd still be more punk rock than bands that call themselves punk rock today." He is simply out of touch with reality.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 21, 2006 12:56

Write songs on tour. Go into the studio half a year after the ABB tour. Tour with the new album, and by God: Don't mind the lousy US sales of ABB.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 21, 2006 13:06

ABB is successful...No. 14 in the european year charts. Stopp this bullshitting about the lack of success. This is by far the most successful band over 40 years. Nobody gets even close.
Yeah let them do a new album after this tour. Quick and dirty....and please no Hit single....

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 21, 2006 13:11

It was pretty unsuccesfull in the US no? In the rest of the world is was a success. That's why I wrote the "US sales".

In Denmark it reentered the charts for the 2nd time at # 39 this week.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 21, 2006 13:26

ALBUM....!!!!...feed my soul...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: theboys ()
Date: January 21, 2006 18:08

It seems like their creative juices are free flowing once again, they got that blues-based-garage-band-rough-around-the-edges back (Exile, SomeGirls) so why not keep it going and do an awesome studio album next year? Maybe work the songs a little bit more (some sax, harp, keys (B3) ) here and there, but definately not overproduced or over-arranged - that's when they start sounding too processed or something (Steel Wheels, etc.) Stones have a chance to break new ground as the Muddy Waters/BB King of our generation, blues it up, riff it up (Keith) as only they can - keep it down & dirty though. . . . .

It won't take long to forget 'cha. . .it won't take long!

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: January 21, 2006 19:53

Album sales were not great in the US because the radio stations in the US mainley still promote the classics and pay little attention to new stuff by classic artists even if its very good which ABB. is. But it dosent matter much because with touring the bulk of there money is still made in the US.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 23, 2006 22:04

A new album for sure to put the energy from the tour into new songs and straight to tape. And then some club gigs in winter and some stadium shows in spring/summer maybe, but not in such a tight schedule as a world tour like this one requires it, because the boys just aren't boys anymore ;-)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home