Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: RIP Wilson Pickett
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: January 20, 2006 22:18

RIP and thank you.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 20, 2006 22:23

I'm guessing Ronnie probably knew him personally as Womack used play guitar for Wilson and we know RW was tight with him...

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 21, 2006 01:09

Might be a good occasion then to bring womack out for a tribute tune. He's someone who could actually use the recognition, unlike bob marley or otis redding.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 21, 2006 13:04

RIP Wilson "Wicked" Pickett. sad smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 21, 2006 13:25

OK ...here ya go...I see someone else mentioned The Falcons a Mighty Mighty R&B gang that featured many of the soul greats in their early days...Wilson Pickett...Eddie Floyd..Joe Stubbs and Sir Mack Rice (who actually recorded the original of Mustang Sally)...Most of the Falcons stuff can be found on the below CDs and they had a hell of a guitar player ... one fave is Lets Kiss And Make Up...rockin....XXX

Here's Wilson on I Found A Love....with The Falcons 1962...yep 1962!!!
[s51.yousendit.com]

I Found A Love - Relic 7012
Your'e So Fine - Relic 7003

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 21, 2006 16:52

According to one of the reviews, they played part of Mustang Sally during Satisfaction. Nice gesture.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 22, 2006 00:57

When Wilson was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, Bobby Brown made the induction speech. I think the idea is to have someone make the induction speech who is a big fan of, and has been heavily influenced by, the artist being inducted. When questioned afterwards, Bobby Brown admitted that, while he had heard of Wilson Pickett, and knew that he was called The Wickett Pickett, he was not really familiar with ANY of Wilson Pickett's music.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1243
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home