Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Drop Miss You
Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: January 21, 2006 01:22

They should drop Miss You and replace it with Emotional Rescue. Why is everyone so down on that song. It has such a cool groove (thanks mostly to Bill). I love that song. One of the first Stones songs I ever heard. They should play it live. Have they ever? I don't think they have. It would be cool. That and Connection, like Keith did. And Parachute Woman.

Re: Drop Miss You
Posted by: spearshaker ()
Date: January 21, 2006 01:30

If I'm not mistaken the bass line on ER is by Ron Wood.

Date: January 21, 2006 01:34

Oh yeah, you are right. I stand corrected. That would be cool for him to play some bass live and have Mick and Keith handle guitars for that song. Something a bit different.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 21, 2006 01:37

as someone stated before the theory is that miss you is timed with the stage moving to the b stage. therefore, they will not drop it.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: January 21, 2006 01:45

Yes do to the fact that Miss You and Honky Tonk Women go with the B stage moving I think both those are here to stay for this tour besides I would really hate to see Honky Tonk Women droped.

Date: January 21, 2006 02:32

Just a thought. I'm only halfway serious. I can't think of anything to post. My posts suck.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 21, 2006 02:38

Rolling Stones disco is the best disco around.....but its so much deeper...Miss you...E..Rescue both great...rescue wins cause its never been played live.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 21, 2006 02:43

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-10 00:48 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 21, 2006 13:12

Emotional Rescue is their worst song ever IMO. I like Miss You.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 21, 2006 13:25

I like Miss You as well, but Emotional Rescue is just as cool.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 21, 2006 13:27

I get that icky feeling when I hear it. "I will be your knight in shining armour, coming to your emotional rescue". There...........I just puked. grinning smiley
I just don't like it.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: January 21, 2006 21:54

Drop all the Miss You bashers from this board. That would make me happy. Thrilled, in fact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-21 21:55 by stonesfan70.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: January 21, 2006 21:59

J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> as someone stated before the theory is that miss
> you is timed with the stage moving to the b stage.
> therefore, they will not drop it.

Hmmm . . .but on at least one occasion they have dropped Miss You from the set-list, rendering this theory rather suspect. I know for a fact that this happened at the Hollywood Bowl (they played YGMR in this slot instead) ; it may have happened at another show too.

ps I like Miss You! especially the killer Flashpoint version. some of mick's finest vocals ever, IMO

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 21, 2006 22:00

I'd like to see them drop Miss You as well. There are very few people who still want to hear it at this point as it has been done to death, and the band doesn't seem to get into it that much either. So it is timed to the B stage move, so what? It's not as if they couldn't find another song that would work in that spot. I'd rather it not be Emotional Rescue, though. That's a decent song but there are plenty of others I'd rather hear live.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: January 21, 2006 22:05

Agree. Exile them!

Kent, I understand where you are coming from - the Arab Charger lines are somewhat trite, to say the least. (NOTHING beats SOL in the ICKY stakes however).

But there is something playfully light and charming about ER. Just Ronnie, Mick and Charlie having some fun. As a lightweight track it probably shouldn't have been the LP's title track. But as such a catchy, quaint phrase, how could they resist.

Definitely file under 'Curious and fun'. But no harm in that once in a whiley.

If they took it at all seriously, they wouyld have done it live.

Now, that would be interesting! Indeed, more interesting than another version of MY. If only they could time it to coincide with the B-stage moving out.

These considerations are just so important in a rock'n'roll context!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 22, 2006 01:11

Yeah its had its day.Play Everything is turning to gold instead.Far superior.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: January 22, 2006 01:31

Amen

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: January 22, 2006 01:37

I can do without Miss You . There are plenty of other songs I would rather hear then that. Although it seems as if the band likes to play it. They do every tour. Can someone please tell them to stop that. smiling smiley

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 22, 2006 01:44

Or Dance, Part I or II. Or Going To A Go Go. Or just about anything else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home