Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Kiedis revisited: Do Darryl, Chuck, Ronnie & others need to be replaced or....
Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 19, 2006 10:01

In reading Shidoobee reviews of the 1-23 MSG Gig I came across this telling observation by one reviewer:

"....Lowlight: We must have been in the lamest section in the whole venue (342 I think), at least 90% sat down all the way from ONNYA to Miss You - including through Rocks Off, a fantastic Rambler, Happy and even Tumbling Dice...very weird...."

Remember that Anthony Kiedis said when the Chili Peppers warmed the Stones up it really wasn't a rocking crowd, more like CPA's and real estate developers...

Here we see it again. NINETY PERCENT OF MADISON SQUARE GARDEN NOT ROCKING, SITTING ON THEIR ASS FOR LIKE 6 SONGS !!!

And one poster after the other says Darryl has to go, Chuck has to go, Ronnie has to go, the mix has to be changed, the setlist needs changing...

TONITE was a major setlist change and we still have all these lard-azzes...

They really should have the Athens show because the Greek people know how to Party!

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Re: Kiedis revisited: Do Darryl, Chuck, Ronnie & others need to be replaced or....
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 19, 2006 11:54

This subject has been done to death on here. No one is going to be replaced. Anyone sitting on their arse is exactly that - an arse.

Re: Kiedis revisited: Do Darryl, Chuck, Ronnie & others need to be replaced or....
Posted by: R ()
Date: January 19, 2006 15:57

"Here we see it again. NINETY PERCENT OF MADISON SQUARE GARDEN NOT ROCKING, SITTING ON THEIR ASS FOR LIKE 6 SONGS !!"

Perhaps because they've seen it all before?

Date: January 19, 2006 16:04

this is the dumbest post ever........

"mick's my wife, and we can't get divorced"

"Alright keith, gimmie some of them women"

"And now, dressed as mick jagga........mick jagga"

AIM- ohnonotyouagainn

Posted by: Juiced In NJ ()
Date: January 19, 2006 16:06

What show did they see? Last night was the best I've seen on this tour, maybe ever! From where we sat the place was rocking and the band was on fire. I really liked that new lead guitarist that replaced RW... Oh, that was RW! Welcome back Ronnie B. Goode. This was the best setlist in a long time. All you whiners should shut up and go find another band.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 19, 2006 16:48

Someone with some common sense at flippin last! Rock on juiced.....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 19, 2006 16:59

Kiedis should be replaced.

Date: January 19, 2006 18:58

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kiedis should be replaced.

Kiedis is staying but a "rejuvenated" Bill Wyman will be replacing Flea on the upcoming Chili Peppers Tour...

Wyman has been practicing jumping on the drumset during major bass lines and aside from a few aches and pains has it down !

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 19, 2006 19:01

bayou wrote:

>Remember that Anthony Kiedis said when the Chili Peppers warmed the Stones up it really wasn't a rocking crowd, more like CPA's and real estate developers

that's because the chilipeppers were BORING THEM TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: January 19, 2006 22:55

J.J.Flash Wrote:
> bayou wrote:
>
> >Remember that Anthony Kiedis said when the
> Chili Peppers warmed the Stones up it really
> wasn't a rocking crowd, more like CPA's and real
> estate developers
>
>
> that's because the chilipeppers were BORING THEM
> TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, if you're bored at an RHCP gig you need a neurological exam...

Here's another excerpt from a review of last nights gig at the Garden:

"....4. Crowd at the Garden -- particularly in the $450's -- is filled with many complete wastes sitting on there asses most of the show. And the security guards are the biggest @#$%& yet . . ."

That's telling: "sitting on their asses"... you sure wouldn't see that in the front rows at an RHCP gig... or the back rows for that matter...

SO, we have 90% of the crowd in the balcony on their spreading fat azzes for 6 songs, and the peeps on the floor sitting on their fannies...

Must be some riot those MSG gigs smiling smiley

I've got an Answer !!!! Let's replace Ron Wood ! It's Ronnies fault... or Darryl, yeah that'll get the house rocking... or Chuck... he's gotta go too! THEN ALL THESE CPA's will get off their ass... fat chance.

Link to review is below, about 14 reviews down in the thread:
[p081.ezboard.com]

I'm not knocking someone in their 50's who isn't dancing, just saying that if you're not dancing, don't complain about Ronnie or Chuck or Darryl... the energy is there, if you want to sit and listen, fine, but these guys are slammin' out all the rhythm anyone could ask for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-19 22:59 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 19, 2006 22:58

BAYOU WROTE:

>I've got an Answer !!!! Let's replace Ron Wood ! It's Ronnies fault... or Darryl, yeah that'll get the house rocking... or Chuck... he's gotta go too! THEN ALL THESE CPA's will get off their ass... fat chance

all the cpa's Have to sit down. otherwise their pocketprotectors will fall out. can you imagine 20,000 pens rolling around the arena. madness!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-19 23:49 by J.J.Flash.

Posted by: fxc1 ()
Date: January 19, 2006 23:35

This is the dumbest post ever. That was the BEST show on this tour - and I have seen 20 so far. Best I have seen since 1972/Mick taylor.

and the crowd was hopping.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 19, 2006 23:49

I took the time to scope out the venue during the show. As far as I could see, everyone on the floor and in the loges, 100's and 200's were mostly standing (couldn't see the 300's clearly from my section). The place was rocking. In fact, things were a bit subdued in the front floor sections, compared to front floor in other arenas -- in my opinion, alot of (i) suits, entertainment industry, etc.; and (ii) people who've seen a number of shows. But, it wasn't bad.

Of course, 18,000 people seemed to sit down at once for "This Place is Empty". Kind of a sad moment for Keef.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 20, 2006 07:52

Bayou- Standing up at a rock concert is not a requirement nor is it a prerequisite while in attendance at at Stones show specially after a long and tiring day of court appearances, arbitrations and mediations.

There is a reason as to why a venue is equipped with seating. Can you guess why?

Once again, Anthony Keidas couldn't carry Mick's jock. End of story. Say goodnight, Gracie.

"Don't hold back, trust your gut reaction".

Date: January 20, 2006 09:56

Midnight Toker Wrote:
> Bayou- Standing up at a rock concert is not a
> requirement nor is it a prerequisite while in
> attendance at at Stones show specially after a
> long and tiring day of court appearances,
> arbitrations and mediations.

Well standing up isn't a requirement, but it sure reflects on how much energy you have.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home