Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rio de Janeiro
Posted by: steady ()
Date: January 18, 2006 19:07

1. any tips / strategies on how not to end up in the last row (1.5 mio people...)

2. where do iorr people gather before and after the event?

multo obgridado

Re: Rio de Janeiro
Posted by: wälder ()
Date: January 18, 2006 19:43

Yeah it would be "superbe" to get some useful tips for the Copacabana gig. For example: Will there a FOS-area (first in), etc.

We are from Austria an make the Stones trip to Rio and Buenos Aires !!!!!

Daniel

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 18, 2006 22:13

Iam from the UK and am flying out for Rio and BA too.It would be nice to meet up with Bjornulf and the IORR crowd for this gig.There is a Hard Rock Cafe but its a good taxi ride from Copacabana.Any Brasilian fans got any ideas?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 18, 2006 22:26

I am sure we will find some nice places somewhere there. I know people are coming in early so it should be possible to dig out a nice meeting place. That goes for both Rio and BA.

Bjornulf

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: January 26, 2006 22:30

Just saw on Globo news (TV) tonight, that the stage crew is already building the support for stage on the beach..... a big iron structure hammered in the sand to support the whole stage - it is going to be great.....

More than 80% of all hotel rooms are already booked, all boats on the beach are booked... to the ones without hotel room - it will soon be without hotel room

The guys will stay on Copacabana Palace (of-course) with the whole crew....

The consert is already a big thing in Rio.....

Does anybody know, if Globo International will show it? - (I know Globo will show it)

Posted by: pedromilfont ()
Date: January 26, 2006 23:05

I don´t think Globo international will broadcast it.. they probably only have the rights to show it in Brazil...

And remember it has been said that the concert will become a DVD

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: January 26, 2006 23:54

im going to both buenos aires shows, 21st at field and 23rd at sector g row 2, i hope we can meet!

Posted by: FanBrazil ()
Date: January 27, 2006 20:01

Well,

Rio is a place full of cool places to hang out.
The atmosphere is incredable and you guys will enjoy beiing anywhere.

There are bars such as: vinicios' bar, garota de ipanema, and pubs such as shennenigan's and lord Jim (all these places are located in ipanema -not in copacabana) and i would recommend them to you. They will be full of tourists and locals and they are in a nice area of the city. I would sugest to stay away from copacabana that day..

I suggest you spend part of your mourning in ipanema's beach having a feel drinks and enjoying the beautiful people and atmosphere. and then, heading to one of these places for a few more drinks and a good meal before the show. There are also a lot of bars, restaurantes (all types- japonese, french cousine, brazilian etc...), etc all over ipanema and leblon neighborhoods. Other places are (conversa fiada - ipanema), (informal - ipanema), etc etc. Anyway, there too many places.

Copacabana (beach and the 2 avenues after the beach will all be closed that day. So there will be a lot of room. Both horizoltally and vertically. But there will also be a lot of people. Dont get there 2.late if you want a good spot. But also dont worry...It will work out fine! The structure is huge.I mean, huge!!! The screens are huge also, and there are more amplifiers around the stage and along the beach and avenues than one can imagine! I also dont suggest beeing too close to the stage. You will see fine and hear fine from a nice distance, where you will also have room to "breath" hahahahaha.

If i can give more suggestions, let me know! Or if you need the addresses of these places i can passa them on to you also.

Peace
Rod

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home