Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones on solo piano
Posted by: theboys ()
Date: January 17, 2006 20:51

Haven't heard much of the stones sneaking in local bars and sitting in with the locals jammin' like other tours. . .maybe Ronnie? gotta wonder what they all do with their free time between shows - anybody know? anybody care?

I do piano covers of lots of stones songs - I keep waiting to hear Chuck L. is sick - Keith puts out an S.O.S. and I come to the rescue. . . .i can dream can't I? Just mastered Gimme Shelter, Heartbreaker, Let's Spend...., Beast of Burden, Angie, Tumblin Dice, JJF, Can't Always Get...,Wild Horses, Brown Sugar, Start Me Up. . .to name a few. Keith, give me a call........

ain't too proud to beg! (seriously)

Re: Stones on solo piano
Posted by: tattoojack ()
Date: January 17, 2006 22:38

that is interesting. my daughter is playing the piano and i am a huge stones fan. she is only 7 but she is playing very well, if i may say so myself. she always asks me what i want to hear her play and i always, jokingly, throw out a stones title. her response is sincere as she says, "if i had the notes i could try that one, Daddy" Where can i get piano sheet music for stones songs. i love all the ones you listed in the previous post.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: January 17, 2006 22:40

Hi the boys....

Have you tried Melody

Date: January 17, 2006 22:51

There are books out there - piano/vocal type stuff that works, but to really give the songs a fuller-more-arranged sound, you need to add fill here & there and find some of the signature stuff as best as possible - they're a guitar driven band so it takes a little doing but can be done. when I play out, always do a set of Stones and it works - pretty universally classic tunes. Add a set of Billy Joel, Elton John & Lennon/McCartney and now you've got a party at the piano. Baby boomers love it at least. . . .

anyways, good luck with finding sheet music books - 1/2 their stuff isn't really out there for piano - maybe guitar tab, so transcriptions/improv is the only way to cover deeper stuff - I actually had 'Monkey Man' figured out once, pretty tricky on piano.

she blew my nose and then she blew my mind. . . . . .she's a

Date: January 17, 2006 22:59

Ah, 'Melody' from B&B - great piano blues/rock - was that a Billy Preston thing, Nicky Hopkins. . . .Ian Stewart? who played piano on that song?

Will listen to B&B tonight and give it a try.

You got To Move. . . . .

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 17, 2006 23:02

The intro to Memory Motel is pretty easy - she should be able to figure that out by listening.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home