Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Tickets On Ebay
Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: January 16, 2006 22:38

I always get a laugh out of people who try and sell there tickets on Ebay for some insane price.
Has anyone seen the ones where they say THESE ARE GREAT seats to this sold out concert and they are in the nosebleed section ? I think someone needs to explain to them that GREAT seats are on the Floor or with 50 feet of the stage. Not in the Mens or Womens room in the Upper deck . Cracks me up everytime I see schmucks write these things

Re: Stones Tickets On Ebay
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 16, 2006 22:40

Indeed, why not just buy them at the regular ticketservive. Or wait and get them cheaper...

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: January 16, 2006 22:40

headly123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always get a laugh out of people who try and
> sell there tickets on Ebay for some insane price.
>
> Has anyone seen the ones where they say THESE ARE
> GREAT seats to this sold out concert and they are
> in the nosebleed section ? I think someone needs
> to explain to them that GREAT seats are on the
> Floor or with 50 feet of the stage. Not in the
> Mens or Womens room in the Upper deck . Cracks me
> up everytime I see schmucks write these things

Sadder still are the poor goofs who buy them.

Posted by: stonesctl ()
Date: January 16, 2006 23:33

wait for the final days... i just bought a pair of great seats at face on eBay

i had sold a pair at face -- why rip off another fan? -- because I didn't think I could go...

Thank goodness I'm going to both NYC shows now.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: January 16, 2006 23:36

Hey...

Don't knock E-Bay.... I've seen set after set of great tickets going down there for plus or minus half of face value...

YES... there are alot of "bullshit" posts "great tickets" and they are either behind the stage or up in nosebleed...

But there's great seats too...

Anywone looking for a seat, not using E-Bay is missing out, IMO.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: January 16, 2006 23:38

and the seating charts are shown on ebay, so you know how good the seats really are or aren't

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 17, 2006 00:55

Nikolai Wrote:
>
> Sadder still are the poor goofs who buy them.

even sadder than that is the distribution 'system' employed by the Stones, Cohl and TM makes this kind of practice inevitable

Hardly a surprise this happens when you someone with no intention of going to a show can buy 12 tickets on a free to use Amex presale before genuine fans can buy a lot less in a public sale

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-17 01:45 by Gazza.

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: January 17, 2006 00:57

More power to you if you can buy a "decent" ticket anywhere other than Ebay.

Posted by: lornemyers ()
Date: January 17, 2006 01:18

I am still waiting for a ticketmaster drop.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: January 17, 2006 02:19

I think some of you may have missed the point . Which was. How can one say EXCELLENT seats or GREAT seats when they are up in the boonies. Then want double what they paid for them . Those are the schmucks. I bought field seats for 40 Licks at face on ebay. So yes there are good people out there. But I was Mainly referring to the ones who tout there EXCELLENT seats in the upper deck. Then want you frist born male child for them .

Date: January 17, 2006 04:57

Well folks...

I just went to the mailbox and picked up 2 tickets the seller sent me... these are 160 face tickets... chicago jan. 23rd

My cost... 54 and change each...

You have to "wade thru the chaff" to find the wheat, but it's definitely there.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: January 17, 2006 05:17

How about outside MSG? I know it's prohibited but I also recall seeing some cheap Cream tickets being offered outside there when I went to see them on the final night. I'm sure someone in front of msg has a couple of upper tier tickets that he's just itching to get rid of.... What do you guys think? I can't afford ebay but I've always been lucky outside the show.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

"It's alright now. I think we can gew"

Posted by: lornemyers ()
Date: January 17, 2006 06:00

I may be in the same boat as you, but be extremely careful when buying outside of the arena.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 17, 2006 07:46

Ebay is okay, but you need to be careful of frauds and you need to coordinate with the seller to make sure you get the tix on time. Stubhub is good b/c they are a professional organization, and for many events, they have a pick-up spot near the arena for last-minute sales.

Date: January 17, 2006 07:54

Here's another BIG Ebay secret...

Look for tickets that are PRIMO in the balconies... like first 2 rows of upper balconies with good view angles...

Do a search on your venue and just place a BUNCH of these tickets on your watchlist... put in smallish bids...

You'll get something but the key is to do this in QUANTITY... don't expect to just pick a couple of them and that's all you have to do...

And each day do a new search and rank it by "newly listed", that way you pick up the new listings...

If you put a dozen or so of these type tickets on your watchlist you'll hit something.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 17, 2006 09:07

LOL I love when they say FIRST ROW and you open the add and it is the first row of the section farthest away and closest to the ceiling!

Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: January 17, 2006 09:11

I got this guy right now who I am in contact with about the Chicago show. Says he is deaf and lives in London. Cant make the show wants a direct wire transfer. 1000$ for 4 seats....ohhh wait thats right front row section 3...first row of the whole freaking arena!! hmmmmm wonder if he is a scam artist? I have been talking to him through email. I truly doubt the legitamcy but im trying. I hope he's not lying but that is a case of blatant bullshit.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 17, 2006 10:21

StonesTom, some people on shidoobee were talking not long ago about some guy with a UK address ripping people off for tickets to Stones concerts in the US. the thread seems to have been deleted but i remember he was an entity these people had hooked up with via ebay, but it was an "off-ebay" deal, and he was asking for payment via western union ... please be careful.

Date: January 17, 2006 10:37

Yes, off E-Bay is very risky...

Go with sellers that have a good positive rating over a period of time...

They're not going to jeopardize that rating for a few hundred dollars of tickets.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 17, 2006 11:01

DO NOT DO A DEAL WITH ANYONE WHO WANTS A DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 17, 2006 14:08

stonestom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got this guy right now who I am in contact with
> about the Chicago show. Says he is deaf and lives
> in London. Cant make the show

why? did he suddenly realise he'd have to be able to hear it???

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 17, 2006 14:21

apparently Michael Cohl, was going to stand, stage-left, and sign the songs, to the deaf guy, but he's had to back out at the last minute.

Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: January 17, 2006 19:33

Hahahah Gazza. Yea I told the guy I can only do paypal and havent heard from him days now. That just pisses me off people think they can scam like that. It's just ridiculous. Anyhow I think I am going to just buy my tickets the day of the show. I hope that works. I wonder if I will be able to get 3 cheaper good seats on the floor or lower bowl?

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: January 18, 2006 01:07

I just bought my 2 incredible seats from a great guy on EBAY for Boston show #1 and it was BELOW COST! These guys buy way too many thinking they're going to make a killing, then they panic and bail so if you wait and watch a pair priced high,it WILL come way down in price! My seats were in sec 14 and no more than 20 feet from the stage!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home