Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: how we first heard the stones.
Posted by: Rolling Beatle ()
Date: January 20, 2006 01:39

Well, when I was in second grade, 1997, I got into my first Beatles phase. I only had and had heard A Hard Day's Night and Help!. I had watched the AHDN movie countless times.

My dad took notice of this, and said "hey, Kevin, there's another band kind of like the Beatles who are going to be on TV!", referring to the few songs aired on TV at Soldier Field.

I got all hyped up and when they came out and sang Satisfaction I said EWWWWWWW...I still don't know why.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: January 20, 2006 01:57

Hey RedLight, I loved your story, very picturesque, I thought I was there. Write books, man!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 20, 2006 02:02

Rolling Beatle, I guess Beatles and the Stones wouldn't believe that in the 60's. 40 years later they're still big among young people.
This is a good thread, many nice stories!

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: January 20, 2006 02:39

eric snow, do you play ball?
yes the vinyl is not something you would find on a current boot, i think?
It's a box of 6 disc's dated 11/15/79. They are one-sided vinyl discs.
Two are called "Bulldog" but are actually "Little T&A", one with vocals, one without.
The other 4 are called "Stuck in the Cold" but are actually "Down in the Hole". They are different mixes.
All the discs are labeled Atlantic Studios/ Mastering Department.
45 speed on 10" disc.
Best thing I got from Virgin.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 20, 2006 02:42

Cool!
I wish you lived nextdoor, I'll drop by with a beer or two, and we could have a listen!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 20, 2006 21:15

-----hej nicos are you greek?
dýri iceland------

Why should I be a greek because my elias is NICOS ? my name is just Nico and I'm from the Netherlands or Holland what ever your preference will be.

Nico

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: January 20, 2006 22:17

You mean the first time we heard the Stones, while consciously knowing it was the Stones, and who the Stones were? Or how we got into the Stones?

Cause I have no idea when I first heard an actual Stones song, and I don't even know when I heard a Stones song knowing they were *THE* Stones.

But I do know that I've been *aware* of the Stones ever since I've been aware of myself, especially Mick's mug, which was everywhere at the time (circa 1983-4). grinning smiley

Got into the Stones by first hearing/liking some of their 60s songs, then picking up Some Girls and hearing it for the first time sealed it.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: January 20, 2006 22:52

My brother in law made me a mixed tap with Stones stuff ranging from the very early days to Flashpoint. Hats off to him, because:
1. I became a fanatic ever since (that was in 1990); and
2. How do you cram 30+ years of Stones stuff into a tiny 60 minutes tape?

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: January 21, 2006 00:39

My older brother used to blast Stones records when I was a kid and I distincly remember his walking around saying (not singing) "I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash, It's a gas, gas, gas!" back in '68. I also remember when Sticky Fingers came out because he would play it on his turn table and the car 8 track simultaneously, but not in sync! Ah, salad days. I was hooked then!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 21, 2006 01:22

i am so sorry to bother you with such a stupid comment nico!

best
d

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: January 21, 2006 03:13

High School in the 80s. PRE Dirty Work, my dads Beggers LP. One of the only good things from my father. Then, no Dirty Work tour and I was PISSED! smiling smiley

Posted by: troubador ()
Date: January 21, 2006 05:06

1964 Time Is On My Side. WIBG radio, Hy lit, DJ. They replaced the Dave Clark 5 in the battle of the bands against the beatles

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: January 21, 2006 09:23

Apocalypse Now

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home