Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why are the Stones doing this to us ?
Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: January 16, 2006 11:35

"Rarities" and "Bigger Bang" w/ bonus DVD. Why must they keep on releasing this crap. Yes Rarities has some stuff that I wanted in official CD quality and the Bigger Bang DVD has some good stuff, but when will they realize that a box set of truly unreleased material is in order? Dylan's done it, Beatles, Springsteen. It seems everyone else has done it except for my favorite band of all time. What gives ? It pisses me off. A DVD of all the videos? A Stones DVD anthology like the Beatles ? Yes, that would take more than a few volumes but I would gladly buy it. I think eveyone here would gladly put down there hard earned money for something like that. Why must I only keep dreaming of these things ? There is no way that the record companies and the Stones themselves don't know that there is some major money to be made from something like this. Maybe they are waiting for the right time? Can they really be that dumb ?

Re: Why are the Stones doing this to us ?
Date: January 16, 2006 11:57

Has anyone written to them?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 16, 2006 21:26

Its far from crap,there is some good stuff on there.We just need to be patient for the vaults to be opened.Although I suspect a considerable amount is already out via bootlegs.The Stones probably know this and maybe its not financiallly viable.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: January 16, 2006 21:35

I would say we will get a box set in 2012 to coinside with the 50th anniversey world tour. So just be patient.

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: January 16, 2006 21:57

yeah, Mick will probably open the vaults after they finish touring.

or for the 50th anniversarry.

i would buy that for sure.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 16, 2006 21:58

stargroover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its far from crap,there is some good stuff on
> there.We just need to be patient for the vaults to
> be opened.Although I suspect a considerable amount
> is already out via bootlegs.

Not really. Whats on bootleg is the tip of the iceberg, and most of what there is consist of unfinished songs. There are potentially multiple takes of every recorded song in the vaults

The Stones probably
> know this and maybe its not financiallly viable.

it would probably not be a big seller, this is true, but if that was the yardstick they would never have released such mega-flops as No Security, Live Licks or Rarities

An archives release would certainly get more attention from fans and media alike however than another cash-in live album or compilation

Posted by: letitbleed ()
Date: January 16, 2006 22:10

I would buy a vaults release in 2 seconds and I haven't bought a Stones record since Tatoo You.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1650
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home