Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Boston Garden four nights in a row
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 15, 2006 04:30

I went to the Boston Garden last night to see the Stones. Great show. Then as the confetty was falling down during the closing song they started working on removing the security barriers, and the entire stage and Stones setup was gone during the night. At 2pm today there was an ice hockey game Boston Bruins vs. Dallas Stars. The Bruins goalie #30 kept the Boston team into the game until the 3rd penalty shoot out following 1-1 and sudden death. Too bad Boston lost on overtime. Otherwise Mich could have made some nice comments about what happened in the Garden. By now they are rebuilding the stage and tomorrow the Stones are back into action in the Boston Garden.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-17 00:24 by bv.

Re: The Boston Garden three nights in a row
Posted by: Marcia ()
Date: January 15, 2006 04:56

Are you in the U.S. for the remainder of the tour?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 15, 2006 11:14

Unbelievable Bjornulf. So, they take down the complete stage and build it up again in such a short time? WOW

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 15, 2006 11:22

They did the same in Philadelphia in October, due to a basketball game scheduled between the two shows.
They only take down the stage, not all the equipment hung from the ceiling.
There is a Knicks game at MSG on January 19th, so the same procedure will happen in New York.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-15 11:40 by erikjjf.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 15, 2006 13:42

There's confetti in the ned of the shows??? Cool. I thought they skipped that. How does it look? I love the confetti.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 15, 2006 13:43

Only at the arena shows. Strips of paper in different colours.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: January 15, 2006 13:53

For goddsakes, the Boston Garden was demolished in 1997! at least get the venue name right!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 15, 2006 13:56

nikkibong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For goddsakes, the Boston Garden was demolished in
> 1997! at least get the venue name right!

.......And that is..................... ?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 15, 2006 13:58

Isn't it a bit cold and slippery for the fans, next day?

grinning smiley

Date: January 15, 2006 14:04

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> .......And that is..................... ?

TD Banknorth Garden.

Posted by: Tully ()
Date: January 15, 2006 14:19

Um, actually the Boston Garden came down in 1994...

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 15, 2006 14:36

Thanks, now that I see the venue´s name, I recall it from IORR Tour site.

But it´s like me with my hockey team´s arena, Timrå.
I still call it isladan, thew Ice Barn. Or Timrå Ice Barn.

It has been called Sydkraft Arena for a long time, which is a sissy
name in my ears... Now I believe it´s called E-on arena or slt.

Question is if it´s on the same spot or almost exactly same spot,
then people do tend to stick to the old names.

Posted by: Buddha66 ()
Date: January 15, 2006 15:27

BV...I want your job!

Date: January 15, 2006 15:31

The venue is still called The Garden. It is not physically the same venue but it is still the Boston Garden. When the TD Banknorth took over sponsorship and naming of the venue after the Fleet (re FleetCenter) they promised to bring back the original Garden name as a tribute to the old historic venue. So it is now called Boston Garden for short - even through signs and directions - or in full of course TD Banknorth Garden. By the way it is not unusual to re-use a venue name. The Marquee Club changed location several times in London. So what's the worry? Also, the Stones have the special Garden T-shirt listing all the Garden shows from 1965 to 2006.

They took away everything between the shows. Everything in the roof/ceiling as well. The PA and the speakers. The lot. It would have obstructed the view as the seats are all the way up to the sides, and the hockey game was pretty packed last night.

Bjornulf

Date: January 15, 2006 15:54

Did you also attend the ice hockey game + going to see the boys again?
wow - you're a lucky guy

Posted by: atip ()
Date: January 15, 2006 16:01

And, when the new new garden was being built, it was going to be called the Shawmut Center, but Fleet bought Shawmut, and it became the FleetCenter; now Bank of America bought Fleet, dumped the naming rights, and it's the TD Banknorth Garden. Next year, no telling what it will be, so isn't it easier to call it the Boston Garden???

Having a good time in Boston. I swore I wouldn't get drunk two nights in a row, but you shouldn't make promises you can't keep!!! :-)

Date: January 15, 2006 16:06

hehe - hang on to your hangover grinning smiley

are you also seeing the stones twice plus ice hockey at the Boston Garden?

Posted by: atip ()
Date: January 15, 2006 16:19

Not the hockey game. We went by the arena around game time, but decided to skip it. Did a little walking through town, and then started working our way through the bars in the North End. After the Pats lost, a lot of folks headed for the exits.

Will definitely be back for tonight's show. That's what we came for; two Stones' shows. It's easier to justify the travel money when there's more than one show in city.

Posted by: Jim Price ()
Date: January 15, 2006 16:56

Bjornulf,

I suppose you must be busy.

Could you please give your quick impressions about Friday night's show ?
Thank you.

Date: January 15, 2006 17:26

The Friday show i.e. Boston-3 was just great. JJF and the crowd freaked out at the firts chords. Then you know it's going to be a great show. The crowd is the boss. As Tears Go By another great roar all over the arena then everybody listening with goosehair to this unique song. As Tears Go By is the thing. Keith on his stool. In the front on his own. Acoustic guitar. White shirt just changed for the song. Starting up As Tears Go By. Then Mick walking up to the front next to Keith. Standing by the microphone with his best voice ever. Ronnie at the other side with a very large sized acoustic guitar making a deep sound perfectly filling in. Very good interaction between Mick and Keith. In fact all through the show. It's not like they avoid each others. At times you see how close they are and they are not acting this is real.

This Place Is Empty some great pedal steel or whatever it is called Ronnie is playing next to Keith again a great song and it is from ABB for those of you who miss that one. You Can't Always Get What You Want Mick is taken by surprise as the crowd is taking over the chorus even before he is getting time to start it up. He looked very surprised and very happy with it so he just said a-ha and oh-yeah and kept the crowd singing. And so on. Yes. It was a great show and I am glad I was there.

Bjornulf

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 15, 2006 17:38

Tully Wrote:
> Um, actually the Boston Garden came down in
> 1994...

UM, UM, the Building did not Actually come down until the Spring of 98.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: January 15, 2006 18:07

Yeah, I noticed the crowd taking over in YCAGWYW and it our gift to the Stones! Unfortunately the Patriots LOST to Denver last night so tonight Mick can't get a cheer by saying we may see THE STONES AND THE PATRIOTS at the BIG GAME! He got quite a cheer when he mentioned the SuperBowl Friday Night, and the Fenway shows, when he asked how many fans saw them in August at the 2 Fenway Park shows, another HUGE ROAR!

Re: The Boston Garden four nights in a row
Date: January 17, 2006 00:31

The Boston Bruins have been taking some beating lately I think but tonight I visited the Boston Garden for the fourth night in a row, and I am happy to say that they beat up the Ducks and won 4 - 3 in sudden death. It was a deserved win. And unlike a Stones show, the higher up you get and the chaper ticket you buy, the better view you get of the game. I was in section 301 and it was just great.

By the way. Charlie had an orange T-shirt first night and a green t-shirt 2nd show. Both real Bruins colors. That man has got style!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Tully ()
Date: January 17, 2006 00:50

BV, it's so awesome that you are a hockey fan! Easier getting Bruins tickets than Stones tickets huh? Glad you enjoyed Boston, hopefully we will all see each other again...

Hate to correct you, but the Bruins colors are black and gold (yellow). The Celtics basketball team wear green.

Date: January 17, 2006 01:02

Sure it is like night and day going to a Bruins game vs. getting Stones tickets. At 12:30 today I wanted to go and at 12:45 I went to the Garden box office and asked for the cheapest tickets and at 12:55 I was inside and a few minutes later they were on. Sorry about the color mixup. So Charlie is supporting both teams - ice hockey and basketball it seems!

Bjornulf

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: January 17, 2006 01:11

with regards to confetti streamers dropped at arena shows it didn't drop well at center/rear of floor on sunday nite. appeared to have hung up in lights/rafters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-17 01:16 by chevysales.

Date: January 17, 2006 01:14

chevysales Wrote:
> it didn't drop well at center/rear of floor.
> appeared to have hung up in lights/rafters.

did it rain in ???

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 17, 2006 01:26

JKF, he loves the confetti, hee, so do I. Rock on JKF, it's the simple things...

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: January 17, 2006 01:36

Thanks for the reviews. I had to sell my tickets to Sunday Night's show. And yes.....most of us over the age of 30 still call it "Boston Garden". It's hard to call any stadium by it's corporate name.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 17, 2006 10:08

Not sure how it is in Europe, but doesn't it suck that all the new venues have corporate names? Even Comiskey Park in Chicago has changed it's name. The only new venue in North America that I can think of that doesn't have any corporate name is in Portland, the Rose Garden.
I wonder if new Wembley stadium will have some corporate name?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home