Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick's Moves
Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: January 13, 2006 04:31

How has Mick's dancing changed over the years? i've never seen any footage from before 2002, just pics.

Re: Mick's Moves
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: January 13, 2006 05:42

You've never seen any footage of the Rolling Stones from before 2002?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 13, 2006 06:00

check out 1978, mick was at his best imho

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 13, 2006 10:42

You got to go get some DVDs from 72. never was there a badder performer on a stage.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 13, 2006 19:15

In general he's gotten more controlled. Before, he was an unpredictable, sexually ambiguous wild man. There are probably still live links on this board to old clips. Also try youtube.com and search for rolling stones.

Posted by: Juiced In NJ ()
Date: January 13, 2006 19:40

Check out 25 X 5. It's a great history of the Stones' first 25 years up to the Steel Wheels tour with some great performance clips.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: January 13, 2006 20:52

If Mick acted as in 1981/82 he would need breaks of severeal days betwen two gigs, because even though he's very very fit, he's 62 ...

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: January 13, 2006 21:17

Dont knock it. Mick wipes out any front man 40 years his junior. All performers are just his apprentice. Try seeing the Stones live.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 14, 2006 03:14

Just watched some of the 'In memory of Brian Jones' DVD thats on the Rocks Off torrent. Mick's doing a friggin moonwalk in some of the clips.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: January 14, 2006 04:04

well on the 75 tour he kinda hung around 4 a while

1978 he was a Rock & Roll Madman in Buffalo , me took this 1 sittin on top of my friends shoulders

& 1981 he had an airship 2 throw those carnations in philly 9-25-81 , me took again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-14 04:08 by chippy.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 16, 2006 00:40

Chippy, do you recall if they were playing Brown Sugar when you took that photo in 78? We had talked about Keith playing that guitar only on BS on that tour.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2006 01:24

the thing abput fitness and stamina (not speed though) is that your can maintain
a steady great form up into 70. and even make progress at a very high age, with regular practise and sensible behaviour, eating etc.
Mick is just in that league.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: January 16, 2006 03:44

ChelseaDrugstore , dont no 4 sure if that was b sugar but its a good bet because jagger's all sweated up in that shot so it may have been towards the end of the gig , i took many pics @ that show that i no which song they were from like woody playin slide on down line & keith & mick sharin the mike on honky tonk & so on , here's an easy 1 to guess which song its from , ya your a star star,whats that keiths got there a black telecaster , i don't no, from all the pics i have keiths using 4 dif guitars , ill post them all in the future

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 17, 2006 12:54

ohhh bummer, Chippy's photos have vanished! and here i was hoping to entice him to post that Buffalo 78 shot over on the Custom Oddballs thread - [iorr.org] - it's important evidence in the Macabre Mystery! :E

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: January 17, 2006 13:13

I'll be a black sheep for sure, but - I just can't stand Mick in the 70s. Even Ladies and Gentlement, I could never watch till the end - although I could surely LISTEN to it! He seems pretentious, affected and completely artificial to me and in these years he doesn't hold a candle to any genuine soul singer who he copies desperately. There is, to me, a complete lack of joy.
On the contrary, I just ADORE Mick from 63-67, and from 94-... Oddly, there is something similar in the very young and the very old Mick, some boyishness, some genuine fun, and great charisma in a completely loose and often odd way, and I love that.
Even physically, the pseudo-iconic, scorny, full of himself superstar of the seventies annoys me more than anything, while I love the old crackled wrinkled nervy Jagger as much as the adorable little bamby he was in the sixties.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home