Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I was hoping for the Stones to Return to US in Fall..But
Posted by: Pedro99 ()
Date: January 12, 2006 05:20

I just don't see it. With so many tickets unsold for the Boston shows how will other cities sell. Boston is a huge market and the Stones can't sell there. I think maybe this time around with the huge ticket prices most fans are only going to one show. Anyways TM still has 15th row on the floor available as well as many tickets in the other price ranges for Fridays show.

Re: I was hoping for the Stones to Return to US in Fall..But
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: January 12, 2006 05:52

The Stones have already played to 70,428 people there (Billboard's number of tickets sold), don't forget it. And finally how many tickets are still unsold for the two arena shows? I don't think this is a measure of what do they plan.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 12, 2006 12:58

Pedro99 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just don't see it. With so many tickets unsold
> for the Boston shows how will other cities sell.
> Boston is a huge market and the Stones can't sell
> there. I think maybe this time around with the
> huge ticket prices most fans are only going to one
> show. Anyways TM still has 15th row on the floor
> available as well as many tickets in the other
> price ranges for Fridays show.

thing is, though its far easier to get people to go to 3 shows in 3 visits over a period of say 15 months than it is to get them to pay $400 ++ a ticket for three shows in the same week - hence the 'return visits' theyve done in recent years

Personally speaking, I think they'll make a return visit to the US later in 2006, but maybe a short tour of about 15 shows or so in major markets

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: January 12, 2006 15:55

Gazza and others:

What's the basis for this thread? Has there been any actual discussion of a late 2006 U.S. leg?

Should I be stashing away a little Stones slush fund?

Posted by: StonesBart ()
Date: January 12, 2006 16:39

No no, I am hoping for a fall indoor tour in Europe.

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: January 12, 2006 16:46

Gazza Wrote:
>
>
> thing is, though its far easier to get people to
> go to 3 shows in 3 visits over a period of say 15
> months than it is to get them to pay $400 ++ a
> ticket for three shows in the same week - hence
> the 'return visits' theyve done in recent years
>
> Personally speaking, I think they'll make a return
> visit to the US later in 2006, but maybe a short
> tour of about 15 shows or so in major markets
>

I guess it's fantasy-stuff to expect them to return later and maybe fill-in the gaps by playing some mid-major markets? While this might force them to re-structure pricing strategy a bit-they would still sell in high numbers IMO.

Date: January 12, 2006 17:33

Rev. Robert W. Wrote:
> Gazza and others:
>
> What's the basis for this thread? Has there been
> any actual discussion of a late 2006 U.S. leg?

gossip from people who I usually find to be quite reliable. Although, its only tentative
>
> Should I be stashing away a little Stones slush
> fund?

wel, Cohl aint give it to ya for nuttin', boy!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: January 12, 2006 18:15

Some of the speculation was based on the number of months the crew is contracted for plus Rolling Stone magazine reported that Cohl was in discussions with venues.

They should play other cities besides the big ones they have already been to: NY, Boston, Chicago, LA, Las Vegas. There are several good size cities that they have ignored and some they hit that seem quite strange: Fresno, Omaha, Little Rock.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: January 12, 2006 19:53

A fall indoor tour in Europe do not count on it if they do a fall leg of the tour or another small tour in 2007 like with No Security in 99. I almost guarentee it will be in the US. thats where the money is.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: January 12, 2006 20:24

if they keep the prices this high, No Security may turn into No Attendance.

Posted by: Pedro99 ()
Date: January 13, 2006 00:22

I had heard that the stones said they would continue to tour in the US after August if the demand is there. They have said this in the past and it never happens, But I have a feeling with this most likely the last big tour they may do it. I am just wondering how many tickets they could sell to support a tour. Gazza you bring up a good point maybe peoples wallets will be restocked by then.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 13, 2006 01:39

There are plenty of places they can play in North America without hitting the same markets. They seem to do pretty good in Canada in places they havent played in a while so maybe more arena shows there and in the south and midwest. Wouldnt be surprised if they did 2 more at the Hollywood Bowl since that was a tight ticket.

Date: January 13, 2006 02:22

Pedro99 Wrote:
> I had heard that the stones said they would
> continue to tour in the US after August if the
> demand is there. They have said this in the past
> and it never happens, But I have a feeling with
> this most likely the last big tour they may do it.
> I am just wondering how many tickets they could
> sell to support a tour. Gazza you bring up a good
> point maybe peoples wallets will be restocked by
> then.

they would have done it after Licks except that Mick was ordered by his doctors to rest his throat

Posted by: Jazzman5 ()
Date: January 13, 2006 04:15

After reading, again, the poor review of Ronnie's playing, you have to assume that even Mick might say enough already. Save the reputation, go out on a good note, and most importantly, allow Mr. Wood to fully recouperate from his diseases and live a long, healthy remaining life on Earth.

Posted by: RN ()
Date: January 13, 2006 05:51

New album spring 2007 followed by another tour. They are in very great shape, all of them, and most important the people still love them.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: January 13, 2006 05:56

Jazzman5, why on earth every subject must be transformed into a "Ronnie's subject"? And finally, why do you think band's reputation depends on one review out of 500 or 1000? Have you seen on the Press negative reviews and articles about HOW they are performing? How many?

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: January 13, 2006 07:16

I don't know about 07 but if they do end the tour in Aug as is scheduled then I would say new album and tour in 08 mabe not as big of a wourld tour but you never know. Even Charlie says they will do another album and he even said he is willing to tour again. But if they do tour in the fall or do a smaller tour in 07 like with No Security then I would say new Album and tour in 09. But either way I almost guarentee they will not call it quits after this tour. They are playing as good or better then ever and regardless of what people say they are still the Greatest band on earth, and there is still a high demand for people to see them. Plus they enjoy what there doing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1084
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home