Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Memphis 05
Posted by: drake ()
Date: January 11, 2006 20:29

Greetings Ladies and Gents,

I'm sorry for being so late putting this recording out (its been well over a month since the show was performed) but I've been insanely busy. With work, running a studio, and one of my sisters getting married its been an insane holiday season. To get to the point, the recording is great. I wont hype it up insanely but the sound quality is far and wide the best of the entire tour, so far. Its definately worth downloading. I'm seeding it on rocksoff, and hopefully it wont make its way onto DEMONdozen, but I'm sure it will eventually.

Its listed as "The Rollling Stones - Memphis 2005 - Drake"...

[rollingstones.kicks-ass.org]

Thanks again to the Louisville crew: Crossfire and OhNoNotYouAgain! If I manage to get hold of a ticket for one of the Chicago shows or St. Louis, I'll be there, otherwise I've seen all I can afford this tour. Us college kids dont have much spending cash, and throwing my cash at 3 shows the past leg kinda did me in for this bit.

Take care
Drake

email: drakehatfield@gmail.com
aim: Route66SM

Re: Memphis 05
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 11, 2006 20:32

Downloading right now - thanks a lot Drake, I'm sure it's great, can't wait to listen to it!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: milliondollarsad ()
Date: January 11, 2006 20:33

I have a copy and can definitely attest to the high quality of the recording. Thanks again.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 11, 2006 20:34

Cool, Drake! Thanks, I just started downloading.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 11, 2006 20:37

Thanks, Drake!

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: January 11, 2006 20:38

Hi, I've never used this torrent stuff, do I need to download azureus and Java? Is it all safe? I'd love to give it a try!

Date: January 11, 2006 20:39

milliondollarsad, the copy you have on cd was the rough mix. If you're versed in bittorrent you REALLY should download what I just posted. I'm not joking. If you dig what you have on cd you'll be blown away by the final work. smiling smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 11, 2006 20:47

My friend kienan saw the shows in both Atlanta and Memphis and said Memphis was even better!

Date: January 11, 2006 20:48

Azureus works flawlessly. I'm a nerd but I think anyone can use it. It is very safe because the content is verified. If you look on the rocksoff tracker you can click the three dots (...) on the far right side of my torrent, and you'll be able to see all the files listed in .flac format. Then all you need is the Flac Frontend which you can get here:

[flac.sourceforge.net]

Works for any system, not just windows. Everything I put out is in .wav format which means you'll get the pure soundfiles when you download the show. No shitty mp3s here. If you use Nero to burn cds, you can just drag the .flac files into the burning window. If you use winamp to play music you dont even need the flac frontend. Winamp will play raw flac files without needing conversion. Plus, winamp has a great visualizer called milkdrop which is by far the trippiest visual program I've ever seen.

Drake

Date: January 11, 2006 21:52

THANKS A LOT drake !!

One thing I'm curious about - why is it DEMONdozen for you? Do you think the "Good Sister" has no access to the RO-tracker ? ;-)

silk

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: January 11, 2006 22:03

Drake, coming to Chicago?

Date: January 11, 2006 22:15

Its not like Sister Morphine doesnt have access to the Rocksoff tracker, its just that Rocksoff is a smaller distribution network than dimeadozen. Rocksoff is only Stones recordings where dimeadozen is every band.

If I could, I'd give a copy of this recording to every person on iorr.org, and no one else. But I cant. The rocksoff tracker is much closer to that goal than dimeadozen. Its also MUCH more likely that people will sell recordings on ebay from what they get off dimeadozen. Rocksoff, on the otherhand, has hardcore fan material, as well as the essential Stones bootlegs.

As far as Chicago, I'd love to, but I have no cash for a ticket. I have a working car, can afford to drive up there and back and can easily handle the other assorted expenses, but I honestly cant afford another ticket. So who knows. I'd like to see them one more time this tour.

Date: January 11, 2006 22:41

drake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I could, I'd give a copy of this recording to
> every person on iorr.org, and no one else. But I
> cant.

see your point - time for a IORR-tracker, isn't it ? ;-)

just kidding bv!

silk

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 11, 2006 22:58

silkcut1978 aka smith Wrote:
> drake Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If I could, I'd give a copy of this recording
> to
> > every person on iorr.org, and no one else.
> But I
> > cant.
>
> see your point - time for a IORR-tracker, isn't it
> ? ;-)
>
> just kidding bv!
>
> silk
>

grrrr....smiling smiley

thanks for offering this show, Drake

Date: January 12, 2006 00:34

Drake, sorry but I'm no nerd and I don't understand... So now I've downloaded Flacfrontend, got the icon on my desktop. Then I go to your site. Then I try to save a file and it takes two seconds, then when I want to open it, my computer suggests various programs who cannot do it - WindowsMediaPlayer, RealPlayer...- but does not suggest Flac. I also got DivX put it does not suggest it either. Now, if I open Flac or DivX and try to have opening the files, they don't even see them. It seems that I'mù missing something, so frustrating!
Please help!
O.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 12, 2006 00:45

otonneau Wrote:
> Drake, sorry but I'm no nerd and I don't
> understand... So now I've downloaded Flacfrontend,
> got the icon on my desktop. Then I go to your
> site. Then I try to save a file and it takes two
> seconds, then when I want to open it, my computer
> suggests various programs who cannot do it -
> WindowsMediaPlayer, RealPlayer...- but does not
> suggest Flac. I also got DivX put it does not
> suggest it either. Now, if I open Flac or DivX and
> try to have opening the files, they don't even see
> them. It seems that I'mù missing something, so
> frustrating!
> Please help!
> O.

You need BitTorrent too smiling smiley Just type BitTorrent into Google and you'll find it.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: January 12, 2006 00:54

ah Lorenz you're my savior!

Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: January 12, 2006 04:31

Drake -

Way to go!!!!! Can't wait to hear it & appreciate your efforts on this recording.

Cheers!!!

Posted by: malja316 ()
Date: January 12, 2006 05:43

Drake!

Thanks so much for sharing your Stones recordings! I look forward to hearing this 2005 Memphis show. I downloaded the other 2 shows you attended (Nashville 02, Columbus 05) and those shows are GREAT! You are way too kind for sharing these recordings and your bandwidth and I really appreciate your act of kindness!

From,
Jim (malja316)

Date: January 12, 2006 09:52

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad to contribute whenever I can. Hopefully I'll be able to hit another show or two on this leg of the tour. And if I miss this leg then hopefully the whole club tour happens sometime after the world tour.

Btw, I have a few more projects underway... A friend sent me a 24bit master DAT of the San Diego FM broadcast, as well as his personal recording of a Voodoo Lounge show... The Voodoo show is fantastic, and unreleased.

To my knowledge the best releases of the San Diego show came from Westwood One transfer discs. Those sound great because they're essentially recordings of the show directly from the board, with no broadcast compression/noise. However, a 24BIT DAT transfer is FAR superior to a cd transfer. This means that I'll be mixing and mastering the highest quality source of this show. Its been released by every boot label out there, but its a good show and I'm looking forward to working on it. I'm going to remaster both recordings and then they'll go on his label, as well as online.

BTW, if you happen to have an extra ticket to either of the Chicago shows or St. Louis hit me up!
"Check it out... this is my ticketstub from the show last week!"
"Check it out... these two discs are the show last week."

Drake

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-01-12 10:15 by drake.

Posted by: charlotte ()
Date: January 12, 2006 11:40

Thanks Drake for putting "The Rollling Stones - Memphis 2005 - Drake" on the RO Tracker

[rollingstones.kicks-ass.org]

Excellent job!!

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: January 12, 2006 11:56

I absolutely must join in the party to congratulate once more Drake's great job on this one.. I even think it's the best one so far !
Thumbs up man !

Posted by: orange cow ()
Date: January 12, 2006 14:31

sounds great!!
although i don't care too much for the between song banter in the crowd

Thank You!!!

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: January 12, 2006 16:49

Thanks Drake- you already know what I think of this recording!

BTW- if folks listen closely "between song banter" there's an absolute hysterical exchange that Ohnonotyouagain had with a lass in the crowd smiling smiley!

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: January 12, 2006 16:59

I hope I'm not being selfish...but I was at the Nashville 2002 show, and have looked and looked for a recording of it. I really would love to have that recording. Is there anywhere I could get it??? Please???? (I'm begging.)

Date: January 12, 2006 17:29

I'm not seeding it right now but I'll be glad to get that back in circulation. Do you want to get it via bittorrent or on actual discs?

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 12, 2006 17:52

Great recording, Drake! The sound quality is amazing. Thanks again!

Posted by: malja316 ()
Date: January 12, 2006 17:54

I look forward to hearing your remaster of the SD show and I am definitely looking fwd to that Voodoo Lounge show for sure!

Posted by: arvemm ()
Date: January 12, 2006 21:13

Thanks a lot Drake for this fantastic recording also.
You're the "Master" !

Some covers for this one and also from other ABB shows
can be found at:

[www.midnightramblers.no]

All the Best !
Arve

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 13, 2006 12:16

This has just been upped @ Dime, seeder is 'unknown', tho credit is given to Drake & everyone is thanking him.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home